Game Day Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Happy with the line up.
Clarko will do his thing of playing the older heads for a few more weeks and shake it up after that.

Not real keen on seeing Cegs get a run after last week and hope that Greaves gets a call up. If Cegs does play at the same level we will loose and his papers stamped. Still looks at the oppo ruck and not the ball.

Really feel like we will have more confidence with inside 50s this week with TO in. I just hope the boys can get on a lead and the mids lower their eyes.

I don’t want to see the sideways and backwards crap or the long bomb inside 50.

Hardwick to go forward

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Happy with the line up.
Clarko will do his thing of playing the older heads for a few more weeks and shake it up after that.

Not real keen on seeing Cegs get a run after last week and hope that Greaves gets a call up. If Cegs does play at the same level we will loose and his papers stamped. Still looks at the oppo ruck and not the ball.

Really feel like we will have more confidence with inside 50s this week with TO in. I just hope the boys can get on a lead and the mids lower their eyes.

I don’t want to see the sideways and backwards crap or the long bomb inside 50.

Hardwick to go forward
TOB in? Oh FFS

Got to break the trend of going for long periods in games without scoring.

I am not a Hartley fan but with the stand rule coming in having another elite kicker may benefit our system more than his defensive flaws.

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Not that enthused with the changes to the lineup, but maybe some late emergencies might swing something.

Looking at how wet it will be, we really do be running a bit too tall.

Main issue I have is just a lack of accountability for poor performances - Cegs and TOB in the squad after indifferent/poor form. Just feels a little like Clarko picking his favourites, whilst Box Hill players are putting their hands up. Hartley deserves a look but at 27, is a short term band aid rather than long term development.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not that enthused with the changes to the lineup, but maybe some late emergencies might swing something.

Main issue I have is just a lack of accountability for poor performances - Cegs and TOB in the squad after indifferent/poor form. Just feels a little like Clarko picking his favourites, whilst Box Hill players are putting their hands up. Hartley deserves a look but at 27, is a short term band aid rather than long term development.
How as Ceglar been in poor form, do people stick to their copy and paste ideas with zero regard to actually events?

Wonder if we can reinvent the ruck role and rotate BB Lewis TOB/Kosi Hartley thru? Always have a fresh player in there. More time fwd for BB can only be a good thing given how poor we are in the air up fwd.

Tob got dropped for poor form so did get a rocket. Get his chance again. Not unhappy with that.

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
How as Ceglar been in poor form, do people stick to their copy and paste ideas with zero regard to actually events?

Structurally he's been important for the team, but on an individual level, last week he was insipid. No influence on the contest whatsoever, particularly in the forward line where he is meant to take contested marks. The stats from last week back that up.

Looking even longer term, one of the main reasons McEvoy is back as ruck is because Ceglar as sole ruck failed to live up to the expectations placed on him. I'd say he has plenty to answer for.

If you're going to counter an argument saying my take is just flavour of the month, back it up with an argument instead of nonsense comebacks :)

Has to be a late change if the cyclone hits. Not sure if it favours us or them.

Win and our season is on.
Lose, and we're bottom 2.

Big game.
Yep this is where we learn where we sit.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
  1. Behind on the scoreboard early, but ran hard in the 2nd half, was creative, came from behind and won a close one
  2. Behind on the scoreboard early, but ran hard in the 2nd half, tried to be creative and come from behind but struggled to close the gap
  3. Behind on the scoreboard early, but ran hard in the 2nd half, was creative, came from behind but lost a close one.
What I'd like to see today is us not be 3+ goals down at quarter time and having to engineer a heroic come from behind pursuit of victory. Don't have the stats, but I reckon you lose more of those than you win.

Kick the first goal. Kick the last goal. Kick more goals than Freo in between. I'd like to see that!

Go Hawks!

16:40? Bleah

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Not sure if serious.

Ceglar is coming off a 0 kick and 0 mark game. He had 7 hand balls for a whole entire game.

That is plain rubbish for a ruckman that had the benefit of being the chop out provider to Big Boy, as they tried to work over a lone ruckman for the entire game.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Structurally he's been important for the team, but on an individual level, last week he was insipid. No influence on the contest whatsoever, particularly in the forward line where he is meant to take contested marks. The stats from last week back that up.

Looking even longer term, one of the main reasons McEvoy is back as ruck is because Ceglar as sole ruck failed to live up to the expectations placed on him. I'd say he has plenty to answer for.

If you're going to counter an argument saying my take is just flavour of the month, back it up with an argument instead of nonsense comebacks :)

0 kicks, and more telling is the 0 marks. That should be worthy of being instantly dropped without question.

Two decent at best games prior do not excuse that kind of performance.

I would take Cegs out before TOB and bring in Greaves - he would know the conditions

it will be blowing a gale - across the ground
In previous years I would of said that we would be used to these conditions from Tassie but whole new make up of team

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
TOB's inclusion pretty much confirms we'll play with a sole recognised ruckman. Given the atrocious (forecasted) conditions this could be one of those games in which one piece of individual brilliance decides the outcome.
You'd think Wingard, Breust and possibly Brockman are the likely protagonists in that scenario...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back