Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North MelbourneAttributeAdelaide
187.6cmHeight186.6cm
84.0kgWeight83.8kg
24yr 1mthAge24yr 5mth
78.3Games63.3

North MelbourneGamesAdelaide
12Less than 5014
350 to 992
3100 to 1491
4150 or more5

Not much in it this week - we are a bit younger but a bit more games played.

Height and Weight similar.

Side selected looks unbalanced and we are not yet cohesive beyond a few plays a game.

Comparing this stuff won't matter until we are selecting a balanced side or cohesive or both.

Young is, well, young and relatively inexperienced, was asked to play against bad matchups and as a result had a bad day. Nonetheless, IMO, he kept his intensity up unlike a lot of other blokes. On a day where we lost by triple figures he became the only forced out.

He’s not as good as Hayden or Bonars recent form. But that’s my opinion

Hope Xerri shows a bit in the vfl tomorrow morning.
Playing all four quarters and then running a marathon on top would be handy ;). I have to assume his fitness just isn't quite there for them not to consider him, because a second key forward is the number one thing the squad needs right now.

Or perhaps like I prophesised, the corky he got has gone haywire like Silver's did.

He’s not as good as Hayden or Bonars recent form. But that’s my opinion
That's a fair enough opinion too, but it just feels wrong for him to essentially be scapegoated for last weeks loss. I know it's not the case that they are doing that, and that hands are somewhat tied due to availability, but him being the only unforced change just doesn't sit right for me.

That's a fair enough opinion too, but it just feels wrong for him to essentially be scapegoated for last weeks loss. I know it's not the case that they are doing that, and that hands are somewhat tied due to availability, but him being the only unforced change just doesn't sit right for me.
He’ll be back in no time. Not concerned about him at all.

I agree, but it has to be someone.
I suppose people are calling for Atley to be dropped by young vs Atley are extremely similar - stats wise this year with Atley edging a tad better.

Atley also brings experience and has a lot of time with our group. But he needs to be dropped. I reckon even Atu could come in - like for like

I am so sick of players not being dropped for s**t performances but for the 157th time our cupboard is bare.

It’s a difficult situation for Noble. Doesn’t want to rustle the group too much.... yet

If *en Larkey is soft as s**t again I'll be calling for his demotion.

He's made Brown look like an ultimate beast in comparison. Brown presented hard, and up on wings.

I agree, but it has to be someone.
I suppose people are calling for Atley to be dropped by young vs Atley are extremely similar - stats wise this year with Atley edging a tad better.

Atley also brings experience and has a lot of time with our group. But he needs to be dropped. I reckon even Atu could come in - like for like

I am so sick of players not being dropped for sh*t performances but for the 157th time our cupboard is bare.

It’s a difficult situation for Noble. Doesn’t want to rustle the group too much.... yet
It's just a s**t situation all round, quite frankly. There's so many things going wrong at once, I don't know how noble goes about chipping away at it in the short term. It would feel good to be able to rant and rave at the coaches or players, but they can only cop so much of the blame when we're smack bang at the start of a rebuild and we have so many players out due to injury. Only finger pointing I can really do in good conscience is at our medical and conditioning staff, because if there isn't something *y going on there then we may have to admit that the club is actually under the effects of a curse.

Turner and Atley stay in while Atu and Curtis remain out. Disappointing.

Either we are tanking or Nobes is becoming Nobesssssssss

Nobz is gradually forging the team that will get us somewhere.alleys days could be numbered but he is very durable. As the last man standing he is in the team on his merits. You try to not miss more than 10 days of work in 10 years see how you go there.

I can see in the team sheet, he is putting the players that will wi us a flags and not just a handful of games so we narrowly miss out on the final each year. Look through the middle and forward, they are stacked with the draftees we got between 2016 and now. A consistent team allowed to fail but supported at the same will build confidence, resilience and durability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobz is gradually forging the team that will get us somewhere.alleys days could be numbered but he is very durable. As the last man standing he is in the team on his merits. You try to not miss more than 10 days of work in 10 years see how you go there.

I can see in the team sheet, he is putting the players that will wi us a flags and not just a handful of games so we narrowly miss out on the final each year. Look through the middle and forward, they are stacked with the draftees we got between 2016 and now. A consistent team allowed to fail but supported at the same will build confidence, resilience and durability.

What did i just read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back