Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stg if I don’t see either xerri or Campbell out there I will cry. We just need another TALL to compete

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Optimism is essential North fans.
Negativity is a spiral.
Sometimes things just are what they are and you need to make a fist of it ... North staff and fans must be positive for the young men on the list, who need positivity not negativity to thrive.

So my team .... we need to add talls at the back first.
And we don’t know if some kids need to be managed yet.
Dumont is a key return for this developing group’s midfield.

Out: So hard ... cut 1-2 plus the injured, rest a few, or say redeem? Only internals who know the characters can make this call.

In: LMac, Curtis, Xerri - sounds like played well in 2s.

FB: Young - McKay - Walker
HB: Lmac - Ziebell - Zurharr
C: Stephenson - Cunnington - Scott
HF: Curtis - Xerri - Powell
FF: Larkey - Turner - Thomas
Rk: Goldie - Jye - LDU
Int: Phillips, Mahony, Atley, Hayden
Sub: Lazzaro

Emg: Hall ... Tyson and Atu - both played well in 2s. I’d bring in if we resting kids. Yesterday was a collective group result .... not sure if we can drop individuals. They started too small, and lost experienced mids. A hiding was guaranteed.

Chin up Roos.

Negativity is a spiral.
Sometimes things just are what they are and you need to make a fist of it ... North staff and fans must be positive for the young men on the list, who need positivity not negativity to thrive.

Out: So hard ... cut 1-2 plus the injured, rest a few, or say redeem? Only internals who know the characters can make this call.

Emg: Hall ... Tyson and Atu - both played well in 2s. I’d bring in if we resting kids. Yesterday was a collective group result .... not sure if we can drop individuals. They started too small, and lost experienced mids. A hiding was guaranteed.

Chin up Roos.
Bonar in for Mahony/scott and that’ll do me too

Out: Turner, Mahony, Hall, Young (omit) Polec, Anderson (inj)
In: McDonald, Taylor, Atu, Xerri, Spicer, Ford.

B: Zurhaar - McKay - Ziebell
HB: Thomas - Walkers - McDonald
C: Atleys - Phillip - Stephenson
HF: Powell - Larkey - Taylor
F: Lazarro - Xerri - Cunnington
R: Goldstein - LDU - Simpkin
I/C: Atu Scott Ford Hayden
Sub: Spicer

Out: Turner, Mahony, Hall, Young (omit) Polec, Anderson (inj)
In: McDonald, Taylor, Atu, Xerri, Spicer, Ford.

B: Zurhaar - McKay - Ziebell
HB: Thomas - Walkers - McDonald
C: Atleys - Phillip - Stephenson
HF: Powell - Larkey - Taylor
F: Lazarro - Xerri - Cunnington
R: Goldstein - LDU - Simpkin
I/C: Atu Scott Ford Hayden
Sub: Spicer

I haven't seen any VFL, but just because you're on an AFL list doesn't mean you are up to playing an AFL game. Changes need to be made but I doubt Spicer or Ford will play.

I haven't seen any VFL, but just because you're on an AFL list doesn't mean you are up to playing an AFL game. Changes need to be made but I doubt Spicer or Ford will play.
yea, if we bring them in, we might lose by a lot.

Really? His tank has always been very good

Look at the VFL thread, apparently it didn’t look good

Xerri is a must in, as is Garner.

Hall can piss off and never be seen in our jumper again.

Garner can play forward and allow Zurhaar more time behind the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stg if I don’t see either xerri or Campbell out there I will cry. We just need another TALL to compete

Melbourne supporters said the same thing about Spencer/Fitzpatrick chopping out Jamar and providing a target.

We all need to review history, and go back and watch that melbourne team and what didn’t and did work for them, and how they got out of their darkest era.

Surely he has to bring in another KPF?

Surely?

I don't GAF if he has to drag Evan Hewitt, Digby Morrell or Josh Smith out of retirement.

Garner limping at Western oval VFL game yesterday according to Merlin007.

That ship has sailed Simpk. Let him go.

It sounded like he was blitzing prior to that, and limp could be nothing serious.

Negativity is a spiral.

Chin up Roos.
Well said.
If we don’t support the kids through this difficult period and choose to pile on, they’ll get gun shy and then they and us are in real trouble. That type of negativity has a knack of being self fulfilling.

So I'm here to be positive, and not to bag players, the coach, the administration or even fellow posters. I just want us to be better, but I do think people who want wholesale changes don't actually have a good insight into what is going on in the seconds.

Based on the VFL game yesterday, the status of available players looks like this:

Xerri has been among the bests for two weeks in a row, and played out both games. Clearly, playing the single tall is the key structural problem at the moment in the ones, so Xerri comes in as the second tall and gives Goldy a chop out. This would give us both a better second ruck option than Larkey, and a better resting forward (in Goldy) than Josh Walker is as a forward. If Corr is fit, I'd drop Walker, but obviously he stays (in defence) if Corr doesn't come up.

Garner was great for three quarters last week, and again yesterday, but pulled up lame. Story of his career, and I assume will not come up next week.

Atu had a good game last week with some penetrating runs off HBF though the middle, and did a good job yesterday as a lockdown on Mitch Wallis. We could completely flip his development and send him back forward to replace Turner, but I think that would be really unfair on Atu. Otherwise, I don't see a spot for him at half back except at Atley's expense. Atley was better yesterday than he was the previous week, so he probably stays in.

After that, the options start to narrow dramatically. Menadue was solid, but if LMac comes up soonish, he's obviously a better option. As for Tyson, he did get a lot of it, but from what I saw, he didn't win many clearances, and it was that weakness in his game that saw him pushed to the back pocket in the ones. Unless Cunners or Anderson go down, I don't see a spot for Tyson in the firsts.

Thereafter, you're talking about the young ones. Spicer is having great difficulty with his field kicking, so if people are upset about our skills at the moment, you're in for a very rude shock. Ford shows glimpses, but in my view isn't physically ready. Paddy Walker isn't showing enough, and Will Walker the same, to the point I doubt he has what it takes.

So that's it - there are no miracle solutions, except for faith and loyal support for our club while a bunch of promising kids get game time, and some injured soldiers like LMac, Dumont and Bonar get back on the paddock.

Chins up, stick fat

Xerri has been among the bests for two weeks in a row, and played out both games. Clearly, playing the single tall is the key structural problem at the moment in the ones, so Xerri comes in as the second tall and gives Goldy a chop out. This would give us both a better second ruck option than Larkey, and a better resting forward (in Goldy) than Josh Walker is as a forward. If Corr is fit, I'd drop Walker, but obviously he stays (in defence) if Corr doesn't come up.

Corr out for 3-4 weeks isn't he?

So I'm here to be positive, and not to bag players, the coach, the administration or even fellow posters. I just want us to be better, but I do think people who want wholesale changes don't actually have a good insight into what is going on in the seconds.

Based on the VFL game yesterday, the status of available players looks like this:

Garner was great for three quarters last week, and again yesterday, but pulled up lame. Story of his career, and I assume will not come up next week.

Atu had a good game last week with some penetrating runs off HBF though the middle, and did a good job yesterday as a lockdown on Mitch Wallis. We could completely flip his development and send him back forward to replace Turner, but I think that would be really unfair on Atu. Otherwise, I don't see a spot for him at half back except at Atley's expense. Atley was better yesterday than he was the previous week, so he probably stays in.

After that, the options start to narrow dramatically. Menadue was solid, but if LMac comes up soonish, he's obviously a better option. As for Tyson, he did get a lot of it, but from what I saw, he didn't win many clearances, and it was that weakness in his game that saw him pushed to the back pocket in the ones. Unless Cunners or Anderson go down, I don't see a spot for Tyson in the firsts.

Thereafter, you're talking about the young ones. Spicer is having great difficulty with his field kicking, so if people are upset about our skills at the moment, you're in for a very rude shock. Ford shows glimpses, but in my view isn't physically ready. Paddy Walker isn't showing enough, and Will Walker the same, to the point I doubt he has what it takes.

So that's it - there are no miracle solutions, except for faith and loyal support for our club while a bunch of promising kids get game time, and some injured soldiers like LMac, Dumont and Bonar get back on the paddock.

Chins up, stick fat

I would definitely bring Atu in. Imagine Ziebell marking Mc Adam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back