Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB - Young - McKay - Bosenavulagi
HB - Ziebell - Walker - Mcdonald
C - Scott - Cunnington - Stephenson
FOL - Goldstein - LDU - Simpkin
HF - Taylor - Xerri - Thomas
FF - Zurhaar - Larkey - Lazarro
IC - Hayden - Phillips - Powell - Atley
S - Mahoney

Out - Polec (inj), Anderson (inj), Turner (omit), Mahoney (sub)
In - Mcdonald, Xerri, Hayden, Bosneavulagi

Explanation:
- A senior player needs to be dropped and for me it’s gotta be Turner (0 goals, 0 tackles). Atley is very lucky that Polec and Anderson are injured, as he’d be gone as well if they were fit.
- Seen a few drop Young, I think he needs clear direction to not take that short kick in D50. Has been good in the other two games so I’m not dropping him after one poor one.
- Midfield without Jed should allow Phillips to get more mid minutes. Hayden also into midfield rotations.
- Atu appears to have impressed a lot in the VFL, so he gets rewarded.
- Xerri to end Larkeys nightmare.
- Mcdonald to take all kick outs.
Needs more Curtis and Bonar

think you named Curtis in your team but not in your ins

Optimism is essential North fans.
Negativity is a spiral.
Sometimes things just are what they are and you need to make a fist of it ... North staff and fans must be positive for the young men on the list, who need positivity not negativity to thrive.

So my team .... we need to add talls at the back first.
And we don’t know if some kids need to be managed yet.
Dumont is a key return for this developing group’s midfield.

Out: So hard ... cut 1-2 plus the injured, rest a few, or say redeem? Only internals who know the characters can make this call.

In: LMac, Curtis, Xerri - sounds like played well in 2s.

FB: Young - McKay - Walker
HB: Lmac - Ziebell - Zurharr
C: Stephenson - Cunnington - Scott
HF: Curtis - Xerri - Powell
FF: Larkey - Turner - Thomas
Rk: Goldie - Jye - LDU
Int: Phillips, Mahony, Atley, Hayden
Sub: Lazzaro

Emg: Hall ... Tyson and Atu - both played well in 2s. I’d bring in if we resting kids. Yesterday was a collective group result .... not sure if we can drop individuals. They started too small, and lost experienced mids. A hiding was guaranteed.

Chin up Roos.
I agree that in all fairness after the massive clean out at the club during the off-season that nobody would have or should have had any illusion that the club would turn around its on-field performance in the first season with essentially a 60% new team. We have to accept that at least for the first 12 rounds of this season we might set some new records (and not good ones). That's just the reality. A new team has to bond, it's new coaching staff have to get to know players. The team itself needs time to build confidence and cohesion. None of this will happen over night. The simple truth is that we may have to wait until 2022 before we win our next game.

So yes it's all about the long game, we might at the very least have to wait until round 13 before see the beginnings of the next gen Roos emerge.

FB - Young - McKay - Bosenavulagi
HB - Ziebell - Walker - Mcdonald
C - Scott - Cunnington - Stephenson
FOL - Goldstein - LDU - Simpkin
HF - Taylor - Xerri - Thomas
FF - Zurhaar - Larkey - Lazarro
IC - Hayden - Phillips - Powell - Atley
S - Mahoney

Out - Polec (inj), Anderson (inj), Turner (omit), Hall (omit), Mahoney (sub)
In - Mcdonald, Xerri, Hayden, Bosneavulagi, Taylor

Explanation:
- A senior player needs to be dropped and for me it’s gotta be Turner (0 goals, 0 tackles). Atley is very lucky that Polec and Anderson are injured, as he’d be gone as well if they were fit.
- Seen a few drop Young, I think he needs clear direction to not take that short kick in D50. Has been good in the other two games so I’m not dropping him after one poor one.
- Midfield without Jed should allow Phillips to get more mid minutes. Hayden also into midfield rotations.
- Atu appears to have impressed a lot in the VFL, so he gets rewarded.
- Xerri to end Larkeys nightmare.
- Mcdonald to take all kick outs.

0 goals and 0 tackles is terrible. Shocking really. 13 possessions at 54% and most of those were uncontested. Not good enough from a leader

0 goals and 0 tackles is terrible. Shocking really. 13 possessions at 54% and most of those were uncontested. Not good enough from a leader

A play during the second quarter was peak levels of ineptitude. stoppage within 20m of our goal, ball pops out to turner at the top of the goal square, every other forward in the league takes the shot on goal with the space he had. But His first instinct was to handball back into traffic...

A play during the second quarter was peak levels of ineptitude. stoppage within 20m of our goal, ball pops out to turner at the top of the goal square, every other forward in the league takes the shot on goal with the space he had. But His first instinct was to handball back into traffic...
If he'd kicked thast it would have been smothered. He had two Dogs players within a foot of him.

The issue is confidence.

When opposition gets a run on, our players (especially young blokes) forget that they can't become reactive and not run off their man to become an option when we do have the ball.

This. NMFC for the past few years have lost their defensive structures chasing the ball. If there's a 3 on 3, I can guarantee all 3 North players go to the man with the ball and the other 2 opposition players hold their structure and clear the contest easily. Bulldogs are about as good as it gets at this, they always have a free player on the outside, and if not, there's a free player on the outside of the outside player.

We get sucked in too easily and the ball moves too quickly away from the contest.

This. NMFC for the past few years have lost their defensive structures chasing the ball. If there's a 3 on 3, I can guarantee all 3 North players go to the man with the ball and the other 2 opposition players hold their structure and clear the contest easily. Bulldogs are about as good as it gets at this, they always have a free player on the outside, and if not, there's a free player on the outside of the outside player.

We get sucked in too easily and the ball moves too quickly away from the contest.
Been that way for ages and it does my head in

Every bloody time. We see it apparently coaches are blind to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonar looks fit at training today I expect him to be in

out Polec hall Jed mahony
In Curtis Lmac Bonar Hayden (full game)

Xerri maybe in for someone also

Why does Hall get dropped? He was far better than Atley and Turner and can play both their roles. Hayden did pretty much nothing in the game time he had.

Out: Polec, Jed, Atley, Turner, and one of Hayden, Young, or Lazarro.
In: Curtis, LMac, Bonar, Xerri, Attu

Will be getting down there.
2 Mini Boy Bells still raring to go which is great to see.

To anyone not sure just get down and support these blokes and get them going. The young blokes especially need us to turn up and make a bit of noise and get behind them.
One more thing. If you hate the spineless twerps writing crap daily about us constantly also get down.
Bums in seats !!

B. Atley McKay Atu
HB. McDonald Walker Bonar
C. Scott Cunnington Lazarro
HF. Thomas Xerri Stephenson
F. Zurhaar Larkey Ziebell
Foll. Goldstein LDU Simpkin
Int. Powell Philips Hayden Taylor

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AFTER recovering from post-season knee surgery, veteran defender Daniel Talia will now have surgery on his foot and will be sidelined for 8-10 weeks.

Meanwhile, star midfielder and gun free agent Matt Crouch's return from a groin injury is still unclear.

Another veteran, David Mackay, who missed the round three win over Gold Coast with hamstring tightness, will face a fitness test before the Crows take on North Melbourne this Sunday.

Recruit Mitch Hinge has been ruled out for the season after undergoing shoulder surgery but, in better news, first-round draftee Luke Pedlar is in line to play his first game for the club this weekend after overcoming an abdominal strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back