Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be getting down there.
2 Mini Boy Bells still raring to go which is great to see.

To anyone not sure just get down and support these blokes and get them going. The young blokes especially need us to turn up and make a bit of noise and get behind them.
One more thing. If you hate the spineless twerps writing crap daily about us constantly also get down.
Bums in seats !!

I had to think about “2 Mini Boy Bells”.....

north-melbourne.jpg

There's plenty for the Kangaroos to consider after suffering a 128-point hammering on Good Friday. Jed Anderson and Jared Polec are in doubt after failing to finish that match due to ankle and hamstring injuries respectively, but the injury burden could be eased by Aiden Bonar's likely return from an adductor problem. Luke McDonald is also on the cusp of proving his fitness following a quad issue, while Curtis Taylor should return from concussion protocol. Aidan Corr is unlikely to play due to a foot infection, while Trent Dumont is also an outside chance to return from a calf issue. There are plenty who could find themselves under pressure ahead of this weekend's clash with the Crows, with Kayne Turner and Jack Mahony among them. Atu Bosenavulagi continues to impress as a defender in the VFL.

R3 medical sub: Kyron Hayden (replaced Jared Polec)

Verdict: Bonar, McDonald and Taylor to come in, replacing the injured Anderson and Polec and the omitted Mahony. - Riley Beveridge

north-melbourne.jpg

There's plenty for the Kangaroos to consider after suffering a 128-point hammering on Good Friday. Jed Anderson and Jared Polec are in doubt after failing to finish that match due to ankle and hamstring injuries respectively, but the injury burden could be eased by Aiden Bonar's likely return from an adductor problem. Luke McDonald is also on the cusp of proving his fitness following a quad issue, while Curtis Taylor should return from concussion protocol. Aidan Corr is unlikely to play due to a foot infection, while Trent Dumont is also an outside chance to return from a calf issue. There are plenty who could find themselves under pressure ahead of this weekend's clash with the Crows, with Kayne Turner and Jack Mahony among them. Atu Bosenavulagi continues to impress as a defender in the VFL.

R3 medical sub: Kyron Hayden (replaced Jared Polec)

Verdict: Bonar, McDonald and Taylor to come in, replacing the injured Anderson and Polec and the omitted Mahony. - Riley Beveridge
Riley probably spot on, if we assume Xerri doesn't pull up ok. Structurally we are missing a second tall forward more than anything. Even just having Campbell impersonating a statue in the goal square the entire game would be of benefit.

Riley probably spot on, if we assume Xerri doesn't pull up ok. Structurally we are missing a second tall forward more than anything. Even just having Campbell impersonating a statue in the goal square the entire game would be of benefit.
wrong way around I reckon; if it's time to break the glass and pull the emergency cord, play Tommy in the ruck and Goldy forward

wrong way around I reckon; if it's time to break the glass and pull the emergency cord, play Tommy in the ruck and Goldy forward
I've mentioned that as an option too, it really intrigues me how it might work. I was more saying Tom in the goal square for effect, realistically we just need some tall timber, arguably any tall timber, to be in a dangerous enough spot to draw a tall defender away from Larks. His movement was better last week IMO, but he's still trying for too many easy marks out the back because his confidence is shot and he doesn't want to be sandwiched between two tall defenders in a contest. That said, even if it was better it still wasn't good. Forwards and mids alike were dreadful when it came to getting on their bike to create options, and it was disheartening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've mentioned that as an option too, it really intrigues me how it might work. I was more saying Tom in the goal square for effect, realistically we just need some tall timber, arguably any tall timber, to be in a dangerous enough spot to draw a tall defender away from Larks. His movement was better last week IMO, but he's still trying for too many easy marks out the back because his confidence is shot and he doesn't want to be sandwiched between two tall defenders in a contest. That said, even if it was better it still wasn't good. Forwards and mids alike were dreadful when it came to getting on their bike to create options, and it was disheartening.

I don’t think either of them offer anything as leading forwards

Atu seems to be getting a bit of love as a defender. I haven’t watched any vfl so I have no idea if it’s fluff or fair dinkum. Could be handy if he comes on as a back pocket
It's not fluff: good attacking instincts when opportunity presents; scraps for the ground ball, takes saving contested and intercept marks. He's going okay

Really up and about for this one.

I plan on watching until end of the first quarter and then imagine the game doesn't exist.

This reminds me of a comment one of our supporters made at the game on Good Friday - when we were in front in the early minutes of the first qtr - he stood up and yelled ‘blow the siren’.

It was my one and only chuckle for the day!

not sure where your confidence is coming from , but I'm praying ur right .
We stand a better chance to win.

there are technically more people allowed in the stadium (not that it would be an issue anyway) than round 1.

The ticketing has been somewhat sorted out.

What's more, those that claim they love the club and understand anything really about football should have to be there. I will have a full compliment this week. Unlike the first 2 rounds.

Like most I would prefer Xerri in if he’s right to play but agree that having Campbell in could be ok. We can wheel him into position like a trebuchet, he’d be in range anywhere within 60.

I don’t think either of them offer anything as leading forwards
Tommy just needs to stand at the top of the 50, he has a long bomb does Tom.

Larkey plays a bit like a tall flanker, right now we are asking him to play 1 out gorilla forward and have stints in the ruck.

At some point during his contract we will have another proper tall forward and maybe even a second Ruck, where Nick isn't needing to take on the whole world while gassed from rucking and people are gonna be like: "Wow where the f*** did this good form come from I wonder why he wasn't playing like this before?"

We have many structural issues. The forward structural issues are working basically directly against Souva's strengths.

No doubt. It’s the defenders running off him that’s the issue
Well that'd make him like every other forward we have. At least he'd take a tall defender away from young Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back