Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if X's corky is worse than expected or he gets injured etc?

Do we continue with the dysfunctional forward line that's grinding Larky into dust, or do we bite the bullet and play Campbell for everyone else's sake?
Don't play injured players, as a rule. Particularly not this year.

Obviously referring to both being fit.

Atu - McKay - McDonald

Atley - Walker - Bonar

Scott - LDU - Thomas

Taylor - Xerri - Zurhaar

Ziebell - Larkey - Lazzaro

Goldstein - Simpkin - Cunnington

Anderson - Powell - Phillips - Hayden

In: McDonald, Taylor, Bonar, Xerri
Out: Hall, Turner, Young, Mahony
And just like the we have a balanced line up. Who would have thought it

Larkey plays a bit like a tall flanker, right now we are asking him to play 1 out gorilla forward and have stints in the ruck.

At some point during his contract we will have another proper tall forward and maybe even a second Ruck, where Nick isn't needing to take on the whole world while gassed from rucking and people are gonna be like: "Wow where the f*** did this good form come from I wonder why he wasn't playing like this before?"

We have many structural issues. The forward structural issues are working basically directly against Souva's strengths.
He will slot in nicely beside Harry McKay. Make it happen Euge.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

How about Larkey finally learn to get a kick on his own FFS.

Quality players find a way. People say "Carey would make no difference" in our team.

Absolute nonsense. A top quality fwd would actually straighten us up, give other fwds a person to feed off, and still kick goals.
Carey=Thor
Larkey=That little talking racoon

In comparison that is.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And just like the we have a balanced line up. Who would have thought it
And that team didn't even have Stevo in it!

We are able to put a far better forward line in place if Noble wants to - he just doesn't want to at this stage.

My forward line would be

JZ Larkey Powell
Jy Xerri Stevo

and I would have the starting on ballers Cunners, Jed and LDU resting up there.

Zurhaar, Turner, Mahoney would not be part of any forward line for us if we were serious about winning games in the short term.

Atu - McKay - McDonald

Atley - Walker - Bonar

Scott - LDU - Thomas

Taylor - Xerri - Zurhaar

Ziebell - Larkey - Lazzaro

Goldstein - Simpkin - Cunnington

Anderson - Powell - Phillips - Hayden

In: McDonald, Taylor, Bonar, Xerri
Out: Hall, Turner, Young, Mahony

You have Atu in a back pocket but not on the ins.

How about Larkey finally learn to get a kick on his own FFS.

Quality players find a way. People say "Carey would make no difference" in our team.

Absolute nonsense. A top quality fwd would actually straighten us up, give other fwds a person to feed off, and still kick goals.

Drew Petrie went alright. He had such precision kicks as Jack Ziebell, Levi Greenwood and Andrew Swallow feeding it to him half the time.

The whole "Carey defence" has gone a bit far. Larkey is currently making Ben Brown's physical presence in 2020 look like Tom Hawkins.

You would have to bring Atu in as he is showing something at VFL level. For god sake just put Zeibell back into the forward line. Playing guys out of position doesn't work, and Jack has always played mid / forward since he was 15 playing against men. Forced omissions with Polec and Anderson, no point in risking them as we are winning the spoon. Hayden comes in. Maybe Xerri but he is not setting the world on fire at VFL level. Its hard because our list is that poor. Luke Mac comes back if fit.
B: Hayden Mackay Atley
HB: L Mac Walker Atu
C: Scott LDU Stephenson
HF: Zeibell; Xerri: Thomas
f: Turner; Larkey; Zurhaar
Foll: Goldstein; Cunnington; Simpkin
INT: Powell; Lazzaro; Taylor; Phillips

Forget Tom Campbell and Dom Tyson, not the way forward. Nothing against them personally but they are not up to AFL standard.
I would really like to see Phoenix Spicer light up at VFL level. He hasn't so far but he could add something if he could become half like K Pickett

You would have to bring Atu in as he is showing something at VFL level. For god sake just put Zeibell back into the forward line. Playing guys out of position doesn't work, and Jack has always played mid / forward since he was 15 playing against men. Forced omissions with Polec and Anderson, no point in risking them as we are winning the spoon. Hayden comes in. Maybe Xerri but he is not setting the world on fire at VFL level. Its hard because our list is that poor. Luke Mac comes back if fit.
B: Hayden Mackay Atley
HB: L Mac Walker Atu
C: Scott LDU Stephenson
HF: Zeibell; Xerri: Thomas
f: Turner; Larkey; Zurhaar
Foll: Goldstein; Cunnington; Simpkin
INT: Powell; Lazzaro; Taylor; Phillips

Forget Tom Campbell and Dom Tyson, not the way forward. Nothing against them personally but they are not up to AFL standard.
I would really like to see Phoenix Spicer light up at VFL level. He hasn't so far but he could add something if he could become half like K Pickett
Not sure I understand the criticism of Ziebell in defence; admittedly, I was at the ground for the Hawks praccy match, and Jack had me worried at that point, but he's proven his worth in the real games, as the stats bear out.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 11.20.03 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I understand the criticism of Ziebell in defence; admittedly, I was at the ground for the Hawks praccy match, and Jack had me worried at that point, but he's proven his worth in the real games, as the stats bear out.

View attachment 1095960
It's not so much about criticism, but I reckon Jack can go a long way to fixing some of the forward line problems.

View attachment 1095960

Let's see what his stats are like when he doesn't kick in. He is losing his defensive contests and that is why he is not playing the position well. Being there also means we have one less rebound option. He is being pointed out for a reason.

It's not so much about criticism, but I reckon Jack can go a long way to fixing some of the forward line problems.
And I don't disagree with that either, but obviously he can't play at both ends, and I'm happy for him to stay where he is, with Xerri a structural fix up front (at least until we get to another recruiting round)

View attachment 1095960

He definitely needs to address or stop losing his feet at every contest. That really *s up the rest of the backline.

In saying that, he’s doing great in the backline, especially only 3 games in. Hope he gets even better and gains more confidence to kick those long ones out of defence

I don’t think either of them offer anything as leading forwards
Our forwards never lead. I'm having a drink every time one leads and marks.

Temperance is not good for me

North Melbourne fans have amnesia, he was moved back because he lost one of the fundamental skills to being a forward. That is kicking in-between the big sticks.
I’m also not sure his body will be able to hold up with players bashing and crashing into him.
His field kicking is very good and let him dish out the punishment in the back half. It’ll pre long his career for a couple of years.

So why rob Peter to pay Paul in a rebuild? Especially when Peter isn’t the answer to your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back