Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Yeah I was just surprised with the 22 you put out against GC with the lack of quality u22’s. Winning is great, however you’d hate to miss out on another top 3 Pick this year. Nicks is a great coach though so can see you guys finishing higher.
Yeah, its a conundrum. You want the kids to do well and winning is great for the confidence, but most of us were expecting another bottom 4 finish and a crack at a genuine A grade mid in the draft which we could miss. But 1 week ata time. The loss you guys had last week could easily be a spur to come out and win this week

good to hear. Wait till he really gets his feet under the table and gets a season or 2 under his belt as he was an absolute ball magnet last year.

Have faith in Noble - they guy is no mug and it will be some pain but when you have got the core group of kids blooded in and things start to turn, these times fade. Hell I almost forgot we lost 13 on the spin last year!!

I think you are right. The few Crows fans I know have big wraps on Noble. Not that long ago that the Lions won 10 games over two seasons before climbing straight into the top 4.

I can see Powell averaging circa 25 possessions per game in a few years. He knows where to go and is super clean when he gets there.

I agree with most of that, except I wouldn't be dropping Hall. With all his obvious deficiencies he has some class in the forward half and as a link man/outside runner which we desperately lack. I'd keep him in for that reason alone. His goal last week shows what he can do, and if we are more dominant and are in the game for longer, his forward work may be required even more. If we can't drop anyone else who needs rest or has niggle, I'd make Atu wait one more week, especially given we have two defenders back with Bonar and LMac.

* hall and his 8 pressure acts and 2 tackles in a side that got done by 20 goals. We need a downhill skier like we need a hole in the head.

This isn't about winning, it is about picking a team that is prepared to tackle and pressure. We do need outside class when we are ready to start winning but it is about having some pride, building up some confidence. I can excuse an 18-22 year old for being a deer in the headlights but Hall is 30 years old. They should pay him out and take a kid in the mid season draft because he isn't going to be the one that puts his body on the line for the kids, might as well just play a kid. Powell had 30 pressure acts, Lazzaro 26, Phillips 25. He should be embarrassed.

It'd be good if Zurhaar extracted a digit and came out all guns blazing like he did against Richmond in 2019. Both he and Larkey seem content with media interviews and hair dos vs. Giving their everything. Zurhaar deserves a rocket because he's old enough to be a leader and he should be leading by example. At the moment he's just de goey-lite.

If we opt to play turner on laird again i might riot. I don't want to see laird get another easy 30+ possessions while box head turner chases tail and kicks no goals.

North by 10 goals.

Yeah, its a conundrum. You want the kids to do well and winning is great for the confidence, but most of us were expecting another bottom 4 finish and a crack at a genuine A grade mid in the draft which we could miss. But 1 week ata time. The loss you guys had last week could easily be a spur to come out and win this week

Nicks is the new Brad Scott...

fu** hall and his 8 pressure acts and 2 tackles in a side that got done by 20 goals. We need a downhill skier like we need a hole in the head.

This isn't about winning, it is about picking a team that is prepared to tackle and pressure. We do need outside class when we are ready to start winning but it is about having some pride, building up some confidence. I can excuse an 18-22 year old for being a deer in the headlights but Hall is 30 years old. They should pay him out and take a kid in the mid season draft because he isn't going to be the one that puts his body on the line for the kids, might as well just play a kid. Powell had 30 pressure acts, Lazzaro 26, Phillips 25. He should be embarrassed.

You might need to read my post in Hall's thread Tas.

Guy I chatted at length to played footy and grew up with him. (before drafted)

Said was a coaches nightmare even at school level. Was a cocky as player (and person) but went missing all the time if not going his way.

He simply doesn't put in and it seems at 30 he hasn't changed at all - so yes I'm pretty much done too.

You might need to read my post in Hall's thread Tas.

Guy I chatted at length to played footy and grew up with him. (before drafted)

Said was a coaches nightmare even at school level. Was a cocky as player (and person) but went missing all the time if not going his way.

He simply doesn't put in and it seems at 30 he hasn't changed at all - so yes I'm pretty much done too.

Everytime his name comes up I say the same thing - he's had a weird career considering the various parts to him.

He's just about prototype mid build, he's powerfully built, fast and has skills. He speaks well and gives the impression of someone you'd expect to put a lot of thought into things including his trade.

On-field he's just so sporadic though, I don't know which piston isn't firing for him.

Everytime his name comes up I say the same thing - he's had a weird career considering the various parts to him.

He's just about prototype mid build, he's powerfully built, fast and has skills. He speaks well and gives the impression of someone you'd expect to put a lot of thought into things including his trade.

On-field he's just so sporadic though, I don't know which piston isn't firing for him.
All between the ears.

Thomas to half back please and thanks Nobes. Young third key back, ziebell mcdonald and thomas as smaller defenders. Dont pick bonar, play atu forward.

North Melbourne fans have amnesia, he was moved back because he lost one of the fundamental skills to being a forward. That is kicking in-between the big sticks.
I’m also not sure his body will be able to hold up with players bashing and crashing into him.
His field kicking is very good and let him dish out the punishment in the back half. It’ll pre long his career for a couple of years.

So why rob Peter to pay Paul in a rebuild? Especially when Peter isn’t the answer to your problems.

Most of the forwards are missing easy ones this year, can't see why Ziebell would be excluded due to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree and it apparently goes back to his junior days which is very odd as usually gun young players just dominate at junior level but even then he was wildly inconsistent (but talented enough to get drafted clearly)

Has a lot of Wood about it to me, seems to have all the tools but somehow it doesn't come together (often enough anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back