Preview Round 4, 2021: St.Kilda v West Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 10th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Eagles

Votes: 82 85.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you do because you want it to be game plan. I’m pretty sure our coach has said it was effort. Anyone wanting it to be game plan will be waiting for weeks to come good. Surely every saints supporter wants it be effort

I really want it to be about effort. It would irritate the living daylights out of me that it wasn’t there, but it would be a much easier fix.

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just assumed because Pierce was (or maybe still is) dating one of Danny Frawley’s daughters, they kept renewing his contract.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Why would he have wanted to play second though.
He seems to have been reasonably happy playing as a 2nd ruck most of his career, didn't move to west coast to be #1, is probably behind Naismith if he's fit.

But as reported we were probably paying him too much coin to be in and out of the firsts, that said he's comfortably inside the best 10 ruckmen in the comp at present so he deserves to be well paid.

Also apparent that big Hick would be the handiest player right now of all the players we've let go.

At 30 YO, he would be a handy ruckman on the list with Ryder probably retiring this year.
In fairness we did have Marshall

Although a prime Spida Everitt would be bloody handy in todays game

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
He seems to have been reasonably happy playing as a 2nd ruck most of his career, didn't move to west coast to be #1, is probably behind Naismith if he's fit.

But as reported we were probably paying him too much coin to be in and out of the firsts, that said he's comfortably inside the best 10 ruckmen in the comp at present so he deserves to be well paid.
So happy not getting Ryder.

So it's Thursday and post last game funk is gone. Strap back in and go again as a supporter which is as it should be. I've been doing it for 45 years so no point whinging now about how I should have followed another club.

Hoping Marshall is good to go because if he is the dynamic in the middle of the ground changes enormously for us. He either gets the ball a bit more regularly to our on ballers than has been happening, halves the contest or wins the clearance himself. Hopefully gives a bit more confidence to the midfield group and a bit of confidence to the forwards with quicker entries.

Give our defenders a bit of a break from being under constant pressure so hoping they'll be able to be better set than they have been.

Win some more footy put some doubt into the opposition, take opportunities and keep going if going well.

I see all that with some intent at the ball and man at the least I'll be just a little happier this Sat night than last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you do because you want it to be game plan. I’m pretty sure our coach has said it was effort. Anyone wanting it to be game plan will be waiting for weeks to come good. Surely every saints supporter wants it be effort

But what if it isn't we should just keep playing the same way and getting pissed off with the lack of effort?

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
I did. Go back and read my posts.
There were a few on team Hickey, I was as well; always felt outnumbered by the Longer lovers quoting their hit out stats. Plugger was actually a Team Hickey member too.

#teamhickeyforever

Can you please take the discussion to this thread

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hickey got screwed with the rule change regarding the third man up...he was a bit exposed after that, but was still okay around the ground. Didn't help he was in a sub-par team when he played with us, devoid of a gameplan.
I'm glad he's doing well...can't fault his drive to play.

Thing is if he stayed with us he would be behind Marshall as an ‘around the ground’ ruck.

He isn’t going to be a better rap ruckman than Ryder.

So he was as well leaving. If he is in our team now and we have everyone fit then he doesn’t make us any better.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's going to be interesting if Kent plays who comes out - with Marshall playing we will just about have our strongest side knowing that Paton , Gresham are out for the year and Hannerbery is unable to get on the park and Geary in the twilight of his career.
The only player I feel we are missing will be Ryder.
If the players are selected in there best positions we should have a chance to push WCE.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Would love to still have this man around :hearteyes:

Capture.PNG

Had a cheeky 21 touches, 28 hitouts, a goal and 2 brownlow votes this game, against one T. Hickey.

leph

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
No Shuey and RoMa in - assuming we show up, I'd say the midfield will be fairly even. However I just don't see any way around WCE's big boy forwards. Wish we had two Battles - one to help out down back and one to help King and/or Membrey get off the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back