Autopsy Round 4, 2021: St.Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to congratulate the man that gave Dan McKenzie that extended contract. What foresight. Probably the Cho.

Seriously, really pleased for Dan. I thought he was terrific again today. Must be so difficult to be almost hated by many of the fans of the club you play for. I thought he was brilliant. Good last week too in a shocking performance.

I want to congratulate the man that gave Dan McKenzie that extended contract. What foresight. Probably the Cho.

Seriously, really pleased for Dan. I thought he was terrific again today. Must be so difficult to be almost hated by many of the fans of the club you play for. I thought he was brilliant. Good last week too in a shocking performance.

he's been a bit of a beacon in the last few games. Our little Athelstan (for the Vikings watchers) turned into a warrior.

he's been a bit of a beacon in the last few games. Our little Athelstan (for the Vikings watchers) turned into a warrior.
I haven’t been a fan
But that was some game from him hopefully a turning point for him

This season is all over the place , we know it takes a few rounds to sort out game style etc , but this season is something else.
It seems if a team gets a run on they hard to stop.
McKenzie has all the attributes to be a good footballer and it's great he is showing us what he has, he can run all day and is fearless - if he can keep this form up he will be a fixture in the 22.
Bytel also doesn't look out of place in the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's held his own this season compared to others. But tonight was something else.

JACK STEELE
What a beast
but he's just an A Grade you knowx- lol
Screenshot_20210411-003626_AFL.jpg

Was it also DMAC with the handball to Billings then to Buts for the first of the comeback goals? (Someone got smashed in an Eagles tackle)
yes it was, ducked under a tackle to get the ball out

As we said. Effort. System is fine.

Yes effort was the main thing lacking, but it was not just effort that was addressed.

Compared to last week:

1/ players were actually played where they are best again,
2/ blind freddy could see we also embraced the short kicking game that the new stand on the mark rule encourages.
3/ playing Carlisle often at FF allowed Max more freedom and drew him at times much further from goal

Can anybody confirm if it was a tactical or effort adjustment ?

No, it was both. It was a tactical AND effort adjustment

Well that plus getting Roma back ;) We walk taller and play better when he is on the park. When he went off we wilted and he lead the charge at the start of the third quarter to turn the tide our way.

Wasn't there this week, so may have missed something structural (will have a look on the replay).

We used the short kicking game and exploiting the man having to stand on the mark much better. Our best for the year. While we still bombed at times, we bombed less than we have.

Also Carlisle at times went to FF allowing King to play further from goals.

Crouch playing as a mid, along with an impressive Bytel gave us our best midfield group for the year. Both are genuine mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back