Autopsy Round 4, 2021: St.Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked clearly underdone in his first game back and not much less so last week. I dare say having done 5 or whatever hammies in two years hasn’t done him any favours.

When he plays well we win. It’s pretty much as simple as that. He’s a huge barometer for the team.

I don't buy it's him playing well that gets us wins. It's the midfield unit playing together that gets him off the chain. Second half of last year the opposition sat on him and he'd go missing. If Crouch, Steele and even Bytel/Ross or whoever else is in there are going well no side has the luxury to sit a player in front of him. It's like a hydra, cut one head off and the others still get you. That was the first time this year we all played well at once. Jones is dangerous if he can find a passage to run into, he found plenty of space yesterday and did what he does best. Crouch might just be the best thing that happened for Jones.

Fox footy saying Marshall out with Plantar Fasciitis ruptured

Harvs deliberately ruptured his. I was told that solves the problem. Obviously not.
Yes a good thing it ruptured not a tear

Harvs kept jumping off kitchen table until it snapped

Zak Jones is exactly the reason why you back your best players.

It's amazing how quickly people forget how good he was for us last year.

He also came into his first game underdone with a limited pre season.

He will never be an elite mid but he is a very good player that offers a point of difference from all our other mids.

His clearance work is terrific when he's up and about. He was one of the main reasons for turning that match. He mad the Eagles mids look very slow at times.
I've been hugely critical of him and I hope you are right that he can turn that 1/4 we saw into a more consistent game.

I dont see it with him but he's probably just that type of player that just doesn't rub with me so he'll prove me wrong (hopefully).

I think he a great opportunity over the next 3 weeks to show he has what it takes.

I think using him in a run with role could be a useful tool for him to develop his midfield game. Similar to what it did for steele.

Which would allow players like steele ross crouch to play different roles.

He had an absolutely fantastic last qtr.

Soft.

Banger deliberately tore his jumping off the dining table. Missed weeks = zero.
Kennedy at WCE did his a couple years back.

They handled it in a more humane way. Injected him up. Then had him do laps until it went.

Sounds like a bad injury but apparently not overly bad. Just inflamed & sore for a bit.
If its inflamed it can be painful for ages
But if it ruptures/tears straight through much better result

I think if it gets operated on they just cut it ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox footy saying Marshall out with Plantar Fasciitis ruptured
I had that for months about 10 years back. Was agony especially in the morning when it had contracted. Needed to pull it back with a towel for minutes before I could walk.
Better to have it ruptured I reckon.

I've been hugely critical of him and I hope you are right that he can turn that 1/4 we saw into a more consistent game.

I dont see it with him but he's probably just that type of player that just doesn't rub with me so he'll prove me wrong (hopefully).

I think he a great opportunity over the next 3 weeks to show he has what it takes.

I think using him in a run with role could be a useful tool for him to develop his midfield game. Similar to what it did for steele.

Which would allow players like steele ross crouch to play different roles.

He had an absolutely fantastic last qtr.
His 3rd qtr was his best I thought (9 touches, 5 clearances).

It's not like he's only played one good qtr since being at the club. He was one of our best players last year.

Sounds like a bad injury but apparently not overly bad. Just inflamed & sore for a bit.
Lethers said on 3aw he has been struggling with it over preseason and it finally snapped yesterday.

Sounds like it's the 5 day break getting him here and if it was a normal turn around, he would be fine.

Good news it's just a short term thing.

Lethers said on 3aw he has been struggling with it over preseason and it finally snapped yesterday.

Sounds like it's the 5 day break getting him here and if it was a normal turn around, he would be fine.

I feel a little bit more comfortable knowing we have Carlisle to ruck. Far better than Hunter & Mckernan. Hopefully Ryder back

Ok that makes sense

I wonder with having it caused the hot spot in his foot because he would've been running different

I don't buy it's him playing well that gets us wins. It's the midfield unit playing together that gets him off the chain. Second half of last year the opposition sat on him and he'd go missing. If Crouch, Steele and even Bytel/Ross or whoever else is in there are going well no side has the luxury to sit a player in front of him. It's like a hydra, cut one head off and the others still get you. That was the first time this year we all played well at once. Jones is dangerous if he can find a passage to run into, he found plenty of space yesterday and did what he does best. Crouch might just be the best thing that happened for Jones.
Has there been a single game were he’s gone well that we’ve lost? I’m not sure there would be and yesterday was another prime example of that.

First half he was only just going and we lost the half by 28 points, second half he explodes to life and we win the half by 45 points.

And it’s not like Steele, Crouch and Bytel also lifted heaps that half, as Steele and Bytel each had more of the ball in the first half than the 2nd and Crouch had 13 in each.

There would be a big correlation between Jones going well and us winning. As you said teams sat on him late in the year last year and the wins generally dried up.

Obviously he’s not the only one, and we can win without him, but he’s undoubtedly one of our biggest barometers.

Nah was back pretty quick from memory. I think he played that weekend.
The G train played with it for a year, i read he would put his foot in a bucket of near boiling water just before game

19 possessions
10 contested
7 tackles
5 clearances
66% TOG

Who am l??
Jack Bytel

Was a disposal, clearance, contested ball and tackling pig in the juniors and looks every bit like he could be that at AFL level as well.

Is a Steele clone minus the contested marking ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back