Preview Round 4, 2021 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 04/09/21

Daylight2nd

Debutant
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If there's one thing we are not known for, it's clever and precise kicking.
ha ha .. I think you're under-estimating the likes of Amon, Houston, Butters, Rozee, Duursma, Motlop, etc. If we bomb into attack to the Grimes, Balta, etc, doubt we'll win, even with our new "tall" forward line. Of course we've got to win the ball first. Just hope we are switched on from 1st bounce.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can anyone see our midfield and ruck winning tonight???
Im coming off the pathetic effort hinkly and co produced last week. Will this be a night where Port become the laughing stock of the AFL, from flag certainty's to another hinkly charade.
I honestly dont know what to think one thing is for sure there is no doubt that every Port supporter is filled to over flowing with doubt. This coach has more on his hands that he is capable of handling!

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
ha ha .. I think you're under-estimating the likes of Amon, Houston, Butters, Rozee, Duursma, Motlop, etc. If we bomb into attack to the Grimes, Balta, etc, doubt we'll win, even with our new "tall" forward line. Of course we've got to win the ball first. Just hope we are switched on from 1st bounce.
Bombing into attack has been our method for years and is one of the reasons we fall short of the best teams when it counts. Haven't seen much sign of that changing under Ken's coaching, but it certainly needs to if we're ever going to be really successful.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bombing into attack has been our method for years and is one of the reasons we fall short of the best teams when it counts. Haven't seen much sign of that changing under Ken's coaching, but it certainly needs to if we're ever going to be really successful.
I reckon there's been a significant change this year, with players actually lowering their eyes to hit a target on the lead. Yes there are still times it's bombed in, but it's fairly noticeable that they seem to be actively looking for a player on the lead.

Back