Preview Round 4, 2021 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 04/09/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's Preliminary Final re-match time!

Both teams are coming off disappointing losses, with Richmond's more shocking although the Sydney Swans do look like this years big improver, while we went out west and got handed a lesson by a formidable West Coast.

Head to Head in the Hinkley era:

1617580163340.png

Coming up against the reigning premier, we have a near perfect record against it each year:

- Sydney 2013 :whitecheck:
- Hawthorn 2014 :whitecheck:
- Hawthorn 2015 :whitecheck::whitecheck:
- Hawthorn 2016 :crossmark:
- Western Bulldogs 2017 :whitecheck:
- Richmond 2018 :whitecheck:
- West Coast 2019 :whitecheck:
- Richmond 2020 :whitecheck:
- Richmond 2021 ?

Let's hope we can continue that trend!

At home after a wake up call away loss, we should get the job done.

Dixon is ripe for a big haul.
Aliir is settling in nicely.
MG and The Todd are shooting with uncanny accuracy.
Butters and Boak won’t have two bad games in a row.
Jonas will hit the Richmond forwards hard.
Orazio Fantasia will frustrate their defence.
Slyce and Pistol will dominate in ruck.
Crowd will be chanting and Kenny will be chugging.

Tigers by 17pts

Northern suburbs folks, how do you get to the game without trains?
Drive in and park in North Adelaide, or bus from TTP?
Cheers

If we had beaten west coast this would of been a real danger game... Now that we are Richmond lost on the weekend I expect a cracker of a game.

here in lies the problem we've always had which port is going to turn up
I just can’t see us not turning up for this.
-wanting to bounce back after last week, there’s no way they will be as asleep as they were against west coast
-guys like butters, Boak won’t play two bad games in a row
-they will be hungry for revenge after last year
If we lose this, I will really start to worry and our season could slip away really quickly
Port by 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can’t see us not turning up for this.
-wanting to bounce back after last week, there’s no way they will be as asleep as they were against west coast
-guys like butters, Boak won’t play two bad games in a row
-they will be hungry for revenge after last year
If we lose this, I will really start to worry and our season could slip away really quickly
Port by 11
i hope your right we will have to wait and see

I have a feeling we may have had one eye on this game in Perth.

We weren’t chasing against West Coast and we weren’t putting any pressure on them.

Knocking them off in Perth would have required a massive effort that may have left us drained for this week.

I’m tipping us to bounce back.

3 and 1 would’ve always been a good result with our opening 4 games and that is still the case.

The manner in which we lost to west coast is of huge concern though and if we bring that again we will almost certainly be 2 and 2 and the season could be on the verge of slipping away.

We really need to respond this week. Its going to be tough though and I’ve definitely had my confidence in this team rocked from that insipid performance against west coast.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond just got pantsed by Sydney, on their home deck. They're obviously the best team in the comp who don't often play 2 bad games in a row.

We have a point to prove after a bad game, but so do they.

Outside of the finals last year, this is the toughest and biggest game we've played in for a long time. Winning this game is a start, but proving we don't need "a response" to perform is the bigger test.

My biggest fear is that we are going to be flat coming back from WA on a 6 day break having flown back just 5 days before Friday's contest.

A similar scenario happened in 2015 between rounds 1 and 2, and we were flat as a tack from the get go of our home opener against Sydney that year.

Couldn't have played much worse in the first half on Saturday night. Glad that we didn't just throw in the towel because I expected a 100 point smash early in the 2nd quarter.

Both sides should be equally as desperate to get a win. 3-1 is a helluva lot better than 2-2. Must win the midfield battle and have a plan for Dusty. Can't rely on team defence BS to combat him. If we had a hard tag on him in the prelim even despite our midfield woes we probably win that game.

If Pistol Pete stands like a statue in the middle of the ground for the entire game & doesn’t touch the ball, it will still be a vast improvement from last week, so that’s a win.

I think the lad has loads of ability & a incredibly high ceiling, hope he can turn it around this week.

If Pistol Pete stands like a statue in the middle of the ground for the entire game & doesn’t touch the ball, it will still be a vast improvement from last week, so that’s a win.

I think the lad has loads of ability & a incredibly high ceiling, hope he can turn it around this week.

Played pretty well against Richmond the last time during the regular season so hopefully he can replicate that. I'd give him this week to prove himself.

My biggest fear is that we are going to be flat coming back from WA on a 6 day break having flown back just 5 days before Friday's contest.

A similar scenario happened in 2015 between rounds 1 and 2, and we were flat as a tack from the get go of our home opener against Sydney that year.

Couldn't have played much worse in the first half on Saturday night. Glad that we didn't just throw in the towel because I expected a 100 point smash early in the 2nd quarter.

Both sides should be equally as desperate to get a win. 3-1 is a helluva lot better than 2-2. Must win the midfield battle and have a plan for Dusty. Can't rely on team defence BS to combat him. If we had a hard tag on him in the prelim even despite our midfield woes we probably win that game.

we had basically pre-season/trial game levels of intensity against both norf and essington. plus we basically took the second halves off. there's no excuse for being flat.

the players may have circled this one in their diaries, but if we come out s**t again its a big worry

Looking forward to this game, was before the weekends result for us and for them, but now I'm expecting a firey clash between two sides I expect to be contending once the season settles down.

I'm expecting us to come out breathing fire after the hiding we took at the hands of West Coast. I can't see our midfield playing like that for another week.

They'll be fired up after what Sydney did to them, but Sydney laid the blue print for what we can do to Richmond if we get first hands on the footy.

Obviously Dusty looms large as always, we don't have a match up for him when he goes forward, and need the midfield to get into him at every opportunity like Sydney did at the weekend. Plus Richmond aren't a one man side, but he lifts them when they need it most. Take the head off the snake and the body will falter, especially without Prestia & Cotchin maybe in doubt also.

Bring it on, can't wait for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back