May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Hello all,

Sorry to intrude.

We have a banter thread going if anyone wants to jump in. We are getting a bit lonely in there :(

Note: Mods said it was fine for me to promote it.
It’s hard to banter against you at the moment, but I will try, ND.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hi everyone. Big game coming up this weekend against the reigning premiers, the Richmond Tigers.

My mum, dad and I are all thinking of heading along together this week with Uncle Philip and Aunty Sarah and we've been discussing half-time snacks. I've been away for a while and haven't been able to get to a game in some years, so I'm not quite up-to-date with the stadium policy. So I was wondering if anyone here was aware of the regulations regarding bringing your own cheese (or any food for that matter) to the football. My dad works on a cheese farm so he has access to some vintage fromage that he'd like to bring so we can have snacks at half time (hopefully we're winning, or I'm not sure we'll be in the mood for cheese!)
Also, would I be safe in assuming that if cheese is allowed, we'd also be able to bring along some crackers as well as an accompaniment?

Obviously, the football comes first, we are not just there to eat cheese and snacks. We will be 100% invested in the game, don't you worry about that. Aunty Sarah is a Richmond Tigers supporter since childhood, so we have some big banter going on at the moment in the family chat. Nothing too malicious though, it's all in good fun of course. But come Saturday, all bets are off and it might not be so friendly. Hopefully I don't have to sit next to Aunty Sarah, last time we went to the football together (on a cold, disgusting wintery day in 2010 when the Richmond Tigers destroyed us at our 140th Birthday party) Aunty Sarah brought a pair of Handclappers and it was so annoying because she was clapping them all the time and I couldn't focus on the football. Although maybe that wasn't such a bad thing that day! I hope she doesn't still have them.

Anyway, if anyone has information about bringing food in to Adelaide Oval, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, and see you at the football!

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Yet fragile enough to come in here and remind us of it cool....
Not really, just responding to a port poster saying we are getting our excuses ready as many tiger fans don’t think we’ll win this week. Most of us are realistic in that we are up against it this week but we aren’t making excuses. We all know it’s a long season however and premierships aren’t won in April.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi everyone. Big game coming up this weekend against the reigning premiers, the Richmond Tigers.

My mum, dad and I are all thinking of heading along together this week with Uncle Philip and Aunty Sarah and we've been discussing half-time snacks. I've been away for a while and haven't been able to get to a game in some years, so I'm not quite up-to-date with the stadium policy. So I was wondering if anyone here was aware of the regulations regarding bringing your own cheese (or any food for that matter) to the football. My dad works on a cheese farm so he has access to some vintage fromage that he'd like to bring so we can have snacks at half time (hopefully we're winning, or I'm not sure we'll be in the mood for cheese!)
Also, would I be safe in assuming that if cheese is allowed, we'd also be able to bring along some crackers as well as an accompaniment?

Obviously, the football comes first, we are not just there to eat cheese and snacks. We will be 100% invested in the game, don't you worry about that. Aunty Sarah is a Richmond Tigers supporter since childhood, so we have some big banter going on at the moment in the family chat. Nothing too malicious though, it's all in good fun of course. But come Saturday, all bets are off and it might not be so friendly. Hopefully I don't have to sit next to Aunty Sarah, last time we went to the football together (on a cold, disgusting wintery day in 2010 when the Richmond Tigers destroyed us at our 140th Birthday party) Aunty Sarah brought a pair of Handclappers and it was so annoying because she was clapping them all the time and I couldn't focus on the football. Although maybe that wasn't such a bad thing that day! I hope she doesn't still have them.

Anyway, if anyone has information about bringing food in to Adelaide Oval, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, and see you at the football!

This is why I bigfooty 😍

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I am told you should be fine!

1617836493733.png

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox

Oh Aunty Sarah you rascal

bow and arrow

Team Captain
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Not many things have made me smile this week so thank you! As far as I know anything is ok food wise except glass bottles or cans!

May 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

As long as you don't cut the cheese at your seat..

1617841008086.png

Oh how I've missed you

Far out, when was the last time a Port ticket had this kind of pull? And to think it's happening for a Hinkley coached side?

It's only because of the COVID crowd restrictions killing capacity and GA.

How much are we talking about?

I was interested in this also because they were after 2 and i've got two transferrable BD tickets. They were willing to give me 100 per ticket. Not bad given it's like 650 for 11 home games.

Not really, just responding to a port poster saying we are getting our excuses ready as many tiger fans don’t think we’ll win this week. Most of us are realistic in that we are up against it this week but we aren’t making excuses. We all know it’s a long season however and premierships aren’t won in April.

The past couple of years, you've had substantial consecutive losses in the early rounds. It's ok with me if you want to do that again this year.

I've got people at my work trying to get tickets off people and willing to pay a motza.
I gave mine away for free.

Missus already booked the date, stupid rolling fixture.

Back