Preview Round 4, 2021 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval 04/09/21

Remove this Banner Ad

I gave mine away for free.

Missus already booked the date, stupid rolling fixture.
Nah you can't use that excuse. Rounds 1 to 6 have been fixed since they released the Fixture. ;)

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
We’re the 2 time reigning premiers, we don’t need excuses.
That's funny, you guys bang on about players missing from last time a year later....

Yet, we had players missing too.... and didn't have 3 maggots gifting 2 goals in a minute.

Marat

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2017
Marrickville
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Had a little visitor this morning!!He told me port by plenty!!
F88EAB63-1DBC-426C-9967-27FB1E01D5F8.jpeg

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
That's funny, you guys bang on about players missing from last time a year later....

Yet, we had players missing too.... and didn't have 3 maggots gifting 2 goals in a minute.
We were merely pointing out the facts, that first game last year we had most of our starting midfield out. We told you we’d be much better in the prelim but you didn’t believe us. Go figure.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
We were merely pointing out the facts, that first game last year we had most of our starting midfield out. We told you we’d be much better in the prelim but you didn’t believe us. Go figure.
You won by a goal...

You weren't that much better than us, I understand a win is a win but that game could've gone either way and you know it.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
You won by a goal...

You weren't that much better than us, I understand a win is a win but that game could've gone either way and you know it.
Of course it could of, it was a hard fought prelim that was the toughest finals win we’ve had in the last 4 years. Probably our experience and composure in the last 10 mins got us over the line. Regardless of last weeks results I still think our teams are the best 2 in the comp.

I’m ok with that as well as long as we get the same ending. Deal?

:D It was all going perfectly and then you had to go and spoil it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma must be pissed off, he has dropped his love child.

RICHMOND
In:
W.Martyn, R.Mansell, B.Houli, J.Ross
Out: D.Prestia (hamstring), K.McIntosh (concussion), D.Eggmolesse-Smith (omitted), J.Caddy (omitted), D.Rioli (omitted),
New:
Will Martyn, Rhyan Mansell

There’s a guy at the pub right now who has Warren Tredrea’s exact head shape. Good omen.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
So who is going to get the gig on Martin? Last year it was mostly DBJ and Burton until he got injured in the prelim IIRC.

Is Ken bold enough to put Lachie Jones on Martin in his first game? His size makes for a good match up theoretically.

Last week Richmond played 20 of their 22 - 2020 premiership players, missing was Houli and Vlastuin and the 3 that came in - remember the medical sub - was Aarts, Caddy and Eggolesse-Smith. Rioli was the medical sub.

They are now down to 18 as Prestia, McIntosh and Rioli are out and Houli is back in.

Not sure why the talk is that Richmond are that greatly weakened.

They had 7 changes between Rd 11 game last year and the PF and we had 5 changes. Both sides are stronger than Rd 11, and Richmond have 4 out from the PF and we also have 4 out, Ebert, Ladhams, Mckenzie and Rockliff.

Last edited:

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Cool story.

We had as many out.

Look forward to your excuses this weekend.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So who is going to get the gig on Martin? Last year it was mostly DBJ and Burton until he got injured in the prelim IIRC.

Is Ken bold enough to put Lachie Jones on Martin in his first game? His size makes for a good match up theoretically.
I don't see why you would play Jones this week and not have him matched up on Martin at some point.

He's already been thrown into the deep end playing full back in the SANFL all year. We see him as the answer to the Martin/Degoey/Petracca type forwards in the future, so why not? Good learning experience and if he does ok we might see it again in finals.

Daylight2nd

Debutant
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sydney destroyed Richmond last week. They won a lot of the 50/50 match ups all over the ground, but it was they way they picked their way through Richmond's defensive zones with clever and precise kicking, that made Richmond look 2nd rate. We've got the personnel to do the same, if we are switched on.

Richmond are going to swarm with a mosquito fleet and rely a lot on D.Martin and Lynch, and their intercept marking defenders. McIntosh and Prestia are big outs. We need this one - no excuses. Carn Port !

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dont know what to think about this game V Richmond i cant see hinkley getting this side up for the job. Dont even know if we have the personnel to make it happen. All the pre season hype could get flushed down the toilet could end up being a very disturbing year under a coach like kern!

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sydney destroyed Richmond last week. They won a lot of the 50/50 match ups all over the ground, but it was they way they picked their way through Richmond's defensive zones with clever and precise kicking, that made Richmond look 2nd rate. We've got the personnel to do the same, if we are switched on.

Richmond are going to swarm with a mosquito fleet and rely a lot on D.Martin and Lynch, and their intercept marking defenders. McIntosh and Prestia are big outs. We need this one - no excuses. Carn Port !
If there's one thing we are not known for, it's clever and precise kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back