Game Day Round 4, 2021 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is obviously way too soon to call the season a write-off but I think it is time to be a little more medium-term focussed with team selection this year.

That means players like Birchall should make way for players who could be mainstays of our defence over the next 5-10 years.

I'd focus more on the coaching. Were absolutely clueless in many key areas of the game. I'd shift the focus on vastly improving our ball movement and spread from the contest.

It is obviously way too soon to call the season a write-off but I think it is time to be a little more medium-term focussed with team selection this year.

That means players like Birchall should make way for players who could be mainstays of our defence over the next 5-10 years.
Thought he's been good last couple of weeks but I definitely understand the sentiment.

I'd focus more on the coaching. Were absolutely clueless in many key areas of the game. I'd shift the focus on vastly improving our ball movement and spread from the contest.
Well yeah I basically already said that in an earlier post but if we are going to take a step backward to go forwards, I’d rather the next generation of players are receiving that coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least half our handballs are poorly executed or the wrong choice

Thought he's been good last couple of weeks but I definitely understand the sentiment.

Yeah it’s not a comment on Birchall’s form, but he’s not the future in a year where we might have to bite the bullet at some point and think about the future.

yeah makes sense. drop our best player for the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back