Review Round 4, 2021 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To look at the positives Oscar got better as the game went on and marked quite well. I think the two ruck thing might have had its day unless we can find a way of Oscar playing forward more regularly. McStay should give us more mobility.

I think Ah Chee is far better than Dev at this stage.

To look at the positives Oscar got better as the game went on and marked quite well. I think the two ruck thing might have had its day unless we can find a way of Oscar playing forward more regularly. McStay should give us more mobility.

I agree with Oscar had him in our best. with Clugga, Hippy, Lyons and Adams
Just over Gardiner and Rich.. Birchall did some great things and some not so great. Although played well

i thought Dev did some nice things.
Ah Chee has great moments then gets lost.
Dev on game 3 you can can understand him getting lost.
Ah Chee I would like something more game in and game out. Do not think he is the HB we looking for.
So does he play wing?

I agree with Oscar had him in our best. with Clugga, Hippy, Lyons and Adams
Just over Gardiner and Rich.. Birchall did some great things and some not so great. Although played well

i thought Dev did some nice things.
Ah Chee has great moments then gets lost.
Dev on game 3 you can can understand him getting lost.
Ah Chee I would like something more game in and game out. Do not think he is the HB we looking for.
So does he play wing?
Yes. Worth a try.

I don't think that's entirely true but to me he was the only one who ever looked likely to break the lines and give us some zip. Mostly unsuccessfully I agree . Didn't get a lot of support whenever he tried it.
Bailey is by far the most selfish player on the list. Sure he shows patches of brilliance but patches of brilliance wont win us a flag. I'm over selfish players doing something special once or twice in a game & then supporters raving about their overall performance. J.Berry is another one. Our bottom 6 is more than ordinary. Its got to be fixed quick or we will fall back into the pack very quickly.

Did Dev have the forward tag on Daniel or was it Berry Jnr? Whichever it was did a great job.
Thought it was Berry and I came on here to make sure the effort wasn’t unnoticed. One of the few positives was shutting down Daniel.

Thought it was Berry and I came on here to make sure the effort wasn’t unnoticed. One of the few positives was shutting down Daniel.
T Berry great defensive although we need more then 4 disposals from him.
I move Mitch into that role and playing Ah Chee on the wing.
Need something from the back half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey is by far the most selfish player on the list. Sure he shows patches of brilliance but patches of brilliance wont win us a flag. I'm over selfish players doing something special once or twice in a game & then supporters raving about their overall performance. J.Berry is another one. Our bottom 6 is more than ordinary. Its got to be fixed quick or we will fall back into the pack very quickly.

Bailey and Berry are pretty much the only two that consistently run hard both ways. If only the rest of the midfield were that selfish.

Yeah Bailey is still a long way off being a consistent midfielder but we need to keep investing games in him and try to setup our midfield to use his pace.

Or leave him forward where he'll probably be as good as Charlie

Lachie obviously struggling and needs to rest that back.Zorks trying his guts out and getting frustrated. Can someone put a rocket up Harris! He needs show more aggression and urgency. Backmen are greatly disadvantaged these days so if you are going to give away a free kick why not get fair dinkum about it !Go hard at the spoil and hard at the tackle!
Fullarton will go out for McStay. That will improve our options going forward. Fullaz is developing ok but running to the wrong spaces. He just needs to develop his game sense. and tank.

In summary we played poorly but still got close despite our lack of run which was highlighted today. We need to get some speed into the backline via Answerth for Lester or Birchall. Adams did well enough to stay. Otherwise we could put Robertson in the midfield for Lachie and debut Madden against the Dons.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

T Berry great defensive although we need more then 4 disposals from him.
I move Mitch into that role and playing Ah Chee on the wing.
Need something from the back half

Ah Chee has been given more chances than he has earned and has shown bugger all. I would be giving someone else a chance rather than persist with a guy who has never shown he is consistently up to standard. Try Ely or Coleman on a wing. Cockatoo would be worth bringing in early.

With that said our structure and go forward pretty much take our wings out of the game. No one has done anything so far because we are so slow with the ball in hand and have no width just going from contest to contest.

Daniher needs to stop going for hangers in packs. The guy should focus on bringing it down to advantage.

It doesnt exactly help that we are literally just bombing the ball in with the hopes he can pull a miracle mark vs 3 defenders...

We have lost a bit with big O playing primary ruck in terms of that clutch contested mark or 2 a game in the forward line.

I know that Smith guy for the Dogs stands out because of his hair but today you see him a few times sprinting away with the ball into space from HB and you wonder why don’t/can’t we do that now and again? I suppose as others have suggested, we don’t have any pace down back.

Back