Review Round 4, 2021 - Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Votes to TBerry, Lyons, Gardiner, Hipwood and Oscar. All played their roles well.

Clug was good but with 1 tackle he was clearly part of our midfields defensive issue.

Sloppy, poor and not enough pressure.

Thought we kept fighting though, kept the margin small and did well in the middle (Clearances + Disposals). Very poor efficiency, especially inside 50.

Some good patches and some good signs that we'll be able to bounce back.

Season is not over, even at 1-3. We were 1-3 in 2001. Time to get to work though if we're serious about ourselves and the season.

Carn Lions.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Frustrating game! Intent was there for the boys but we just couldn’t get a roll on! Charlie needs to fire up! I’m not sure why they don’t chuck him deep and get the chaos ball going. We were way too tall down back even though we were getting out marked. Answerth in for him. Or possibly Ah Chee. I feel we will work into the season still. With mcstay back next week. Our forward line will be back to what it should be and mcstay can work up the ground unlike fullarton can. Mcstay skills are also much cleaner. I feel we just need more pace. Get home boys, rest up! We have a few big games coming up! This season is far from done with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bulldogs are top of the ladder we're not that far off them
We're not as far off as many on here claim we are.

Should really be 2-2 after a 3 week stint in Victoria. Unfortunately didn't play out that way but we need to not drown in our sorrows. Be grown men, take it on the chin and use it as motivation to head back up North and rebuild the season.

It starts next week with a statement win against the Bombers. Let's see what our boys have got!

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
At this point I'm writing us off for finals this year. Can't get any run so we just boot it as far as possible. I think the coaches were not prepared fully for the man on the mark change and that is reflective in the way the team plays.

The players at the moment look like they are not putting any defensive effort into the game and it is badly showing in all area's across the ground.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
It's been a rough month for the old Lions. Hopefully coming home and having a good rest in their own beds does the trick.

I'm writing this all off on COVID and will never mention it again.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Worth remembering we were playing our 3rd away game in a row, all tough games and today against a premiership favourite in top form. Top 4 not done but need to find some form next week.

I think most of us are concerned about how we are playing moreso than the results. We are unable to maintain any sort of momentum.

It's been a rough month for the old Lions. Hopefully coming home and having a good rest in their own beds does the trick.

I'm writing this all off on COVID and will never mention it again.
Seeing loved ones after not seeing them for the holidays as well. I think we'll have a banger game next week!

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't deserve to win with that type of play. 4 games in the season so far and we have won 1...
Tbh, l think part of the reason we are doing really bad is the coaching from Fagan over the off season. He didn't adapt the gameplan with the new man on the mark. He stayed with the same old one where it is slowish up the line whereas the new gameplan needs to have dash off hb. Pretty sure it is Port where they were primarily a f50 turnover type of gameplan and no most of their scores are coming off hb.

However, not completly Fagan's fault, the players need to take accountability and there defensive running is just terrible. Plenty of times there were heaps of Dogs players and we were outmanned. Noticed Birchall doing some pretty ordinary running.
Ill-discipline... Far out. Not the umpires fault we are being silly, how many late hits did we do. Zorko a mainstay offender

JB42

Senior List
Jul 25, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Too slow. Tackling pressure poor. Complacent. Daniher not bringing the ball to ground. Forward line was better with Big O there. Cameron is not hunting on the chase, not getting near the feet of the big guys. Too many slow players in the back 6. Adams, Andrews, Lester, Birchall, Gardiner, Rich all very slow and static. Need some run. Maybe free up Starcevich to run or Bailey back there. Zorko undisciplinex as per usual. Swing the axe.

Clugga, Daniher, Adams, Birchall and spins wheel Hipwood I guess.

Andrews had a very ordinary start but worked his way into it. Need him to play himself into something resembling form.
Things didn't quite work for Joey but he worked hard and was unselfish all game. Plus, that goal was sweet.
Better in the last quarter.

Not a great game but if we can carry the last quarter into next week that'd be good.

Back