Preview Round 4, 2022: Hawks v Saints , MCG 3:20pm Sunday 10th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Sam Mitchell trying to break the record for the most amount of defenders in the best 22 at the same time? Bramble to come back, plus Maginness and Morris in the reserves. :oops:

Sicily
Scrimshaw
Jiath
Day
Hardwick
Grainger-Barras
Impey
Howe
Morrison

Yeah definitely gonna be worse without his 5 turnovers a game average from 11 disposals...
Nah the point has gone over your head.

His defensive running and running in general has genuinely kept so many scores out and basically is the back bone behind the zones at stages where he covers big time for the mids rotating back.

As I have mentioned before, noticed that some of his hits goes to opposition players straight. I think the issue is in communication and coordination. As they play with each other more often it will get better. Trouble is not the "tap" but what happens after it hit the deck.
Yes but i think its playing as a group knowing each other blocking shepherding playing as a midfield group would improve that

His defensive running and running in general has genuinely kept so many scores out and basically is the back bone behind the zones at stages where he covers big time for the mids rotating back.
Oh no, I got the point. His 'defensive running' is not outweighing 5 turnovers a game from his 11 disposals though.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see a late change of Jeka in for Reeves.

One thing to note, we’ve got Mollison umpiring. He has a history of going on absolute free kick runs to whoever Hawthorn is playing. Something to keep an eye on.
Any game without Findlay is a bonus.

He’s dropped smart a$$…. There is no comeback!

Nice to see Impey back, Howe....meh.
Interesting to see if Scrimshaw does play. Smells like a late change.
I'm assuming Impey goes forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Howey but he didn’t seem to fit the fast-paced style we’re trying to play. Got the ball, waited his full time then bombed it. Hopefully he can adjust a bit better this week.

If he plays forward I would expect it as a trial for a role similar to what Long is playing at VFL level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Howey but he didn’t seem to fit the fast-paced style we’re trying to play. Got the ball, waited his full time then bombed it. Hopefully he can adjust a bit better this week.
He looked slower than usual.

Surprised at Howe over either Flip or Finn. But honestly if we are talking about who would likely be the 22nd player picked then I doubt it really makes a difference to the result

Surprised at Howe over either Flip or Finn. But honestly if we are talking about who would likely be the 22nd player picked then I doubt it really makes a difference to the result
I would have gone with Phillips but Howe is a pretty good like for like replacement for Maginness. He can run all day, is hard at the ball and reads the game well. He gets more ball than Maginness and is stronger overhead. While Maginness has a very promising future, I think Howe is an upgrade at the moment. Could easily be a top 10 player on Sunday.

First game of the season, coming in cold during the 2nd quarter. Can be forgiven.

Got to think he's on borrowed time with Bramble eventually coming back
I thought he looked slower than usual because our team has got quicker in personal and play

Funny one - but I don’t mind it. For me it’s

• if Lynch was back get Nash back into the midfield as a big bodied midfielder
  • ah s**t, oh well, keep Nash where he is and bring in Howe to play the Nash role
  • Impey can be Scrimshaw

Nailed

Be interested to see Nash take some marks. If he adds contested marks to his game he is looking like a pretty weird Frankenstein AFL player (in a good way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back