Review Round 4, 2023: Box Hill Hawks v Collingwood, 16 April 2023, 12.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Argh damn - looks like Horner has done is hammy :(

Ramma takes a nice leading mark and kicks his 3rd - very good day so far for the big lad!

Have to admit I thought all the ramsden hype on this board was a bit nuffie at first but having watched a few games from him last year and this year, gee he really is impressive. Credit to those that called it early. Could be an absolute steal.

Have to admit I thought all the ramsden hype on this board was a bit nuffie at first but having watched a few games from him last year and this year, gee he really is impressive. Credit to those that called it early. Could be an absolute steal.

Found it interesting in an interview with Hawk Talk Podcast, said he saw himself primary as a forward first, and then pinch hitting in the ruck when needed.

Also interesting said he put on a lot more weight in the last 6 months, and said he could feel like he's winning more contests as a result. Can see it too, so pretty exciting as he gets more games into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Box Hill side is looking a well oiled machine so far this season - Littlejohn has done a great job so far, but big props to the Box Hill list managers, there is such a strong core of Box Hill regulars - all of them playing so well today.

Helps prop up and complement our young Hawks brigade. Just loving how fast we blast from our backhalf - we really try to move it with real pace from our backline.

Been watching Ethan Stanley too from Box Hill - I was super impressed with the young lad last week, he was just so solid in a mixed inside-outside role, had a lot of good ground-ball gets & I50s. His positioning just seems to be really good, always pops up in the right spot.

Been a little more muted this game, but expecting him to play out the 2nd half well with it drying up a bit.
Box hill president Ed Sill on hawks insiders earlier this year, said that we had been pretty surprised at how Stanley turned up to Box hill from nowhere because he wasn’t in any rept sides last year missing out on the Gippsland power cut off, but has quite a bit of potential that we like.

Things I've noticed since tuning in in Q3:
- Ramsden looks great. While he's marking and kicking goals, I think nearly my favourite bit was a quick contested pick up in the wet and feeding out the handball at ground level. Great skills for a big man.
- Lynch has been solid again. I don't feel he dominated, but doing his job well.
- Weddle got a lot of it. Doing a lot of unrewarded running too, which is great, as that will become rewarded over time.
- Didn't notice a lot of Fionn.
- Blank looking super solid down back. I'm not 100% sure why he was dropped - am sure there are things to work on - but I feel we look better when he's in the seniors.
- Box Hill looking like the real deal this year.

Some of the hawthorn listed guys like ramsden and lynch are putting their hands up for a place in the seniors.

Some of the BH listed guys like Stanley and Hall will be of interest come MSD.

Correction - the TV commentators have said Stanley is not eligible for MSD as he did not nominate for the AFL draft recently. Shame.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back