Prediction Round 4, 2023: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man i am excited for Hewett, i've been so high on him since mid last year and would have been wrapped if we drafted him before Ginbey.

Not expecting him to be the player i think he will be as an 18 year old.

But im telling you guys, he is HIM, has the it factor. He reminds me of Kerr a bit but he's got a nice balance of inside and outside to his game and has the ability to hit the scoreboard.

Such a good trade last year and the pieces falling our way to get both Ginbey and Hewett.

Like you I’m really big on Hewett

There’s something about him that if it all clicks he’ll be an absolute star

However, for whatever reason, I think he needs a couple of tough lessons for his talent to be properly unlocked. I’m not sure why I think that because I don’t believe he has a figjam issue but his professionalism is behind that of Ginbey

Raw talent he’s ahead of his locker room neighbour but his application isn’t quite there yet.

It might take 2 or 3 years but when he gets it all together he’ll be a superstar

You know who I can see in his draft profile coming in? Hope so…

She is garbage no doubt about it. They went with 4 umpires so they didn’t have to sack her…

But we haven’t quite got the total trash umpires considering Stevic has done the last 9 grand finals.
Stevic is clearly the best umpire around and has been for some years

Note: Apocalyptic flood to be read as ‘derby’. So this is how Longy is going to save us from our current injury crisis? He’s already collected two Edwardses so that’s an alright start

View attachment 1653119

Well, let's pray the forward 50 tomorrow will be Noah's ark. ;)

However, for whatever reason, I think he needs a couple of tough lessons for his talent to be properly unlocked. I’m not sure why I think that because I don’t believe he has a figjam issue but his professionalism is behind that of Ginbey

Raw talent he’s ahead of his locker room neighbour but his application isn’t quite there yet.

It might take 2 or 3 years but when he gets it all together he’ll be a superstar
I used the figjam term lightly, in fairness he hasn't done anything to earn that title, he just has that look about him, but that's a good thing, it's confidence not arrogance. Someone who knows what they can do.
He's got the wheels and a low centre gravity, good balance, a power unit, he's something waiting to happen.
I can't wait for his first break out moment to arrive...and no doubt he'll be a quality package later.

Hewett is the sort of player who will be overlooked as a star mid for the next 2-3 years and then when he has the size and power after a few seasons it will all click and the plebs commentating and the league will go wow, this guy has it all. A lot like how LDU from North was shat on to begin with the first couple of years but is now a beast of a mid.

It's just going to take the combination of strength and in particular core strength, getting up to the speed of AFL and some maturity.

Firstly we need to get him game time and that should be in the WAFL on the best mid in the opposition camp. He needs to do some run with roles like Ginbey. Learn on the job so to speak. Playing a qtr here and there isn't going to help his game.

Hewett is the sort of player who will be overlooked as a star mid for the next 2-3 years and then when he has the size and power after a few seasons it will all click and the plebs commentating and the league will go wow, this guy has it all. A lot like how LDU from North was shat on to begin with the first couple of years but is now a beast of a mid.

It's just going to take the combination of strength and in particular core strength, getting up to the speed of AFL and some maturity.
He’s already got a bit of size for an 18 year old. Has tree trunks for legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back