Prediction Round 4, 2023: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is worse than Eleni?

Ask them, I don't pay attention to umpires enough to recognise them:

Yes, there are worse, but she still is not at an acceptable level. Let's not beat around the bush, she got the job because she was a chick.

Let's not beat around the bush, she gets more flack than some others because she's a chick.

Let's not beat around the bush, she gets more flack than some others because she's a chick.
Yeah, that's true, she's under more scrutiny for sure. She is also a s**t umpire who got rushed in too early and has never really got to an acceptable level.

Then why are you saying there are worse umpires getting a gig?
Someone who is there because of their gender and not their merit deserves to cop more flack, although it should be directed at the decision makers.

Then why are you saying there are worse umpires getting a gig?
Someone who is there because of their gender and not their merit deserves to cop more flack.

I'm not, I'm responding to someone who criticised her, and called her a diversity hire, but also said that there were worse umpires. I'm questioning their logic:
  • to say she got the role because of her gender WHEN
  • THEY think there are worse umpires
  • HOW did THOSE umpires get a job?

A lot of focus over one of the four umpires in a game we’re going to lose heavily no matter what happens.

What’s the worst thing she could do, make a few bad decisions that blow the margin out from 60 to 80?

A lot of focus over one of the four umpires in a game we’re going to lose heavily no matter what happens.

What’s the worst thing she could do, make a few bad decisions that blow the margin out from 60 to 80?

Maybe she'll pay kicking in danger in the goal square to deny us a goal and we lose by 5 points.

Or a 50m penalty for an injured player not hobbling to the mark quickly enough.

Or dissent for a player putting his arms out for a pressure relieving goal.

I'm not, I'm responding to someone who criticised her, and called her a diversity hire, but also said that there were worse umpires. I'm questioning their logic:
  • to say she got the role because of her gender WHEN
  • THEY think there are worse umpires
  • HOW did THOSE umpires get a job?
Ah ok. Well let's have a look at the Umpires for our next game and see who looks the least deserving of a spot. I think the worst other umpires have at least earned their place

Daniel Johanson
Umpiring Honours:
Winner of most promising first- or second-year umpire – 2021

Matt Stevic
Honours in umpiring:
AFL Grand Final – 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
AFL Finals – 2021, 2022
Umpire of the Year (Bishop Shield) – 2015 and 2017
AFL All Australian umpire – 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2021
VFL Grand Final – 2003
U17 international series – 2004
ANZAC day – 2009
International series umpire – 2013

Tom Bryce
Umpiring Honours:
AFLW Grand Final – 2017
SANFL Grand Final – 2019, 2020 (EMG), 2021, 2022
SANFL Golden Whistle – 2022
SANFLUA Most Dedicated Field Umpire – 2019, 2021
SANFL v WAFL State Game – 2021
SANFL Most Improved Field Umpire – 2019

Eleni Tee
Umpiring Honours:
Nothing listed

Last edited:
Elani cops heat because she stands out.

Walters flopped for a free last weekend before Ryan was put in a chokehold up the same end for zilch, before copping a pissweak 50 which resulted in a goal.

No one singles out any umpires for that rubbish but if Elani was involved everyone would pile on.

I don’t think Eleni is a particularly good umpire. She’s no orphan in that regard

Unfortunately for her, is she’s far easier to identify than the other muppets who blend into the same melting pot of incompetence so she’s a lightning rod for criticism

And I don’t care that she can’t bounce the ball, that shouldn’t be a criteria for judging an umpire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elani cops heat because she stands out.

Walters flopped for a free last weekend before Ryan was put in a chokehold up the same end for zilch, before copping a pissweak 50 which resulted in a goal.

No one singles out any umpires for that rubbish but if Elani was involved everyone would pile on.
That's simply not true, there's a myriad of threads on this forum about specific umpires and their incompetence

That's simply not true, there's a myriad of threads on this forum about specific umpires and their incompetence
There might be lots of threads on the forum, but i guarantee you they’re only occupied by a small number of the same posters.

Hardly any of us would be able to identify a specific umpire during play.

Everyone knows when it’s Elani calling the shots.

Shes an easy target.

Tom Cole should've invited Eleni to his wedding.

Pretty selfish not to, tbh.

There might be lots of threads on the forum, but i guarantee you they’re only occupied by a small number of the same posters.

Hardly any of us would be able to identify a specific umpire during play.

Everyone knows when it’s Elani calling the shots.

Shes an easy target.
Speak for yourself. I take note of the Umpires and their performance. For example Margetts was the controlling ump of the Zurhaar out of bounds call when he shanked a shot at goal, O'Gorman was the controlling ump of the non htb on Blicavs that cost Brisbane the win in '21. Both were unacceptable and rightly received a lot of attention.

Everyone knows when Razor Ray is calling the shots and he cops it way more than Eleni.

It's just unfair to say the other Umpires are getting off easy if you don't bother to learn who they are and pay attention to their performance.

Same happens with female commentators.
Couldn't name an ump if I fell over one, I abuse them all equally!

I've got 1 adult ticket to the Gather Round Sunday matches (Geelong v WC and then Collingwood v St Kilda). I'm not looking for anything for it, but hoping it can go to someone who will genuinely use it. It's an excellent seat in the middle section of the Riverbank Stand.

PM me.
Can you send a photo of yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back