MVP Round 4, 2023: Votes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Tim Kelly
4. Andrew Gaff - lol?
3. Jayden Hunt
2. Jamaine Jones
1. Tom Barrass - beaten early but our best after the break.

HM: Bailey Williams, Oscar Allen

5 - Kelly
4 - Hunt
3 - Allen
2 - Gaff
1 - Williams (Competed well considering who his main opponent was)

5. Tim Kelly - Busted a gut all day. Petch-like effort of votes in a losing cause.
4. Jayden Hunt - Always looking to make things happen. Succeeds in my pants more often than not.
3. Bailey Williams - Fought the good fight today. Anyone having a crack at him, while injured, can go do one.
2. Oscar Allen - Looked sharper today. He's getting back to his best.
1. Jamaine Jones - See: Hunt, but with less success. I like that he doesn't shirk the contest or the challenge of creating something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Tim Kelly
4. Oscar Allen
3. Jayden Hunt
2. Andrew Gaff
1. Bailey Williams

5) Kelly
4) Hunt
3) Gaff
2) Williams
1) Allen

Love JJ but surprised to see him getting votes. Didn’t think he was anywhere near it today

5: Kelly - our best mid. Tried all game and was always attacking. Disposal could have been better but that was a whole team issue
4: Allen - 3 goals on a difficult day for our forwards. Kept presenting and made the most of his opportunities
3: Gaff - led the team in tackles. Fought bravely in an unfamiliar role not entirely suited to his strengths. Good leadership from him today
2: Hunt - important run to break lines. Kicked a goal, should have had 2
1: Jones - kept trying to attack from halfback but disposals were erratic

Not convinced I’ve got the last 3 in the right order but I had real trouble splitting them

HM -
Williams battled hard and wasn’t disgraced but lowered his colours to Grundy on the day
Duggan - genuinely tried to give some drive off half back but like others struggled to hit targets
Barrass - slow start but was important late minimising damage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back