• Melbourne by 21-49

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Melbourne by 50+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it almost impossible to understand that he was picked before Mellican. The last thing we need right now is another kid who tries hard and shows promise in his 5-6 touches.

Mellican showed far more in the ressies and is ready to reclaim his spot in defence and free AA to rebound.

We need run! Go tell us how Melican helps this...He doesn’t.

Average 15 possessions. "Butchered" less than 20%.

Average of 15 possessions for a mid/forward is poor by anyone's standards.

Are you suggesting his DE was at over 80% last year? I find that very hard to believe as that would put him in the top players in the league. Anyone who watched him play would know that is incorrect. I'd be surprised if his DE was above 65% to be honest

I'd be reluctant to hang anything on stats. Can tell you now last week at half time Lloyd was credited with 16 disposal, 15 listed as effective. Just been watching the replay back and in the first quarter alone 4 handballs/kicks hit the ground before getting to its target (not intentionally either). While the result might not have been a turnover, the use of the term effective is clearly being used very ******* loosely.

KJ averaged 56.8% disposal efficiency last year. I love the bloke, but that's dreadful.

In comparison, when he was at his best, he averaged around 65-72% pretty consistently. He pretty rapidly dropped off in 2017 and it just continued to get worse last year. I hope he can be a valuable contributor this year, but I'm not confident. He averaged 3.8 score involvements last year and 6.7 in 2016.

KJ averaged 56.8% disposal efficiency last year. I love the bloke, but that's dreadful.

In comparison, when he was at his best, he averaged around 65-72% pretty consistently. He pretty rapidly dropped off in 2017 and it just continued to get worse last year. I hope he can be a valuable contributor this year, but I'm not confident. He averaged 3.8 score involvements last year and 6.7 in 2016.

Thanks SS

He also managed a whole 8 goals for the season

Average of 15 possessions for a mid/forward is poor by anyone's standards.

Are you suggesting his DE was at over 80% last year? I find that very hard to believe as that would put him in the top players in the league. Anyone who watched him play would know that is incorrect. I'd be surprised if his DE was above 65% to be honest

I, quite reasonably I think, conflate the term "butchered" with the statistic "clangers".

We need run! Go tell us how Melican helps this...He doesn’t.
Mellican frees up AA and AA can generate run.

Personally I’m not a fan of playing a team of young, immature bodies who all play the same or thereabouts.

But ....
Who knows - McInerney might do a Rose and score 4 in his first match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back