Preview Round 4: Box Hill v Nth Ballarat 1pm Saturday 1 May @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointing all round effort today. Hard to pick any best players. Little teamwork, little communication. About the only highlight was no injuries (atleast not serious). An unBox Hill like performance. Let's hope the boys are fired up for next week and this is simply a once off shocker. Come on boys, regain your confidence. We all know you are heaps better than this.

It was a Hawthorn-like performance - maybe not that bad but the game style was eerily similar. We went sideways at every opportunity and played so wide. They are a super side Ballarat but after a quarter and a half we dropped off substantially.

Was Sierakowski in the 2s?

Sierakowski & Jordan Williams were dropped to the reserves.

I think I am correct that this is Siera's 2nd year on the rookie list - means we need to make a call on him at year's end. He has definately improved this year. I remember seeing him early in the season last year at VFL seniors and he looked a mile off. He didn't look too out of depth in the NAB cup this preseason. Nevertheless, it doesn't bode well for him to be dropped to the VFL reserves in any event.

Siera's in a bit of strife at the end of the year if he's being dropped to the reserves.

We've got a whole bunch of 2-3 year rookies, that, a la Suckling last year, we're going to need to make a call on: Siera, Milne, Stokes, Bruest, Moss, Peterson. And then the mature 'fill-in' rookies like KT and Skipper, who will be shown the door if the role they were called to fill in for is not longer required.

You'd think that Bruest and Peterson at this stage would be safe, Milne also likely if he recovers well from his foot/ankle problem.

It's a tough one, cause most of our rookies have shown they can be the 16th to 22nd player on a senior team. Then we'll add Kickett, Langford & Stubbs to the list next year.

I think there is going to be a real competitive process amongst the current rookies for the next 5 months to fight for the right to stay on the list for 2011. Siera may not survive it unfortunately.

I thought Sirra went alright on Saturday and should be back in the ones. He is yet another mid sized player so he will need to show a bit. He showed nice poise on the weekend so if he can bring that to BHH he is a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back