Preview Round 4: Box Hill v Nth Ballarat 1pm Saturday 1 May @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 4

Box Hill Hawks
v
North Ballarat

Saturday 1st May
@ Box Hill City Oval

Seniors at 1:00pm
(Development
Team 10:00am)

Please see www.boxhillhawks.com.au for the club match preview.

Thanks to rdhopkins for getting the ball rolling, as per usual, I've got a small section of the preview here for general consumption, and the balance can be found at the link.

Box Hill this weekend will face 2008/09 VFL Premiers North Ballarat, at Box Hill City Oval.

It is a special occasion for the club, as the Box Hill Hawks will unveil its new alternate playing strip on-field.

In the 2010 VFL Season, the new alternate jumper will be worn on six occasions and the traditional Mustang jumper on twelve occasions. The Box Hill Mustang Jumper was last changed to its now traditional strip in 1974, so it is 36 years later a newer alternate jumper has been introduced.
http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=590

Me too and to non Melbourne folk it will be telecast live on abc.

Will be interesting to see which player will not play and be left as a spare for the hawks game sat nite

B
Savage Dowler Duryea

HB
Peterson Suckling Sierakowski

C
Stokes Muston Morton

F
Moss Lisle Williams

R
Renton Ablett Breust

Int
Smithwick Neil Mirra* S. Gibson Fagan Van Unen

Kiel Kenna McShane Curnow Bello Pedersen

Where is the half forward line??!!!

This will be my first BH game for the year. Can't wait!

Mine too, although I'll spend most of it trying to keep my lad going onto the ground. It's his brown and gold indoctrination starting to work.

Fixture thread says 2pm, this thread 1pm? Time change?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a 1pm game due to time change for the ABC broadcast.
Even better, rock up a little early to watch the development squad.
Had to drop in to work to give some docs to a client, then hitting the gym for an hour and then watch most of the development squad, then Hawthorn. Now all I need is a couple of wins, a Hawthorn girl and my day will be fantastic :D

Could someone please give updates on develop. game as i hear Williams is playing although named on Box Hill ones in Friday paper.

Are we allowed to give reports this week?

Currently Nth Ballarat 5.3 to Box Hill 3.3. Nth have kicked 4 in a row. Box Hill look very, very ordinary. Of the Hawks listed players, only Shane Savage getting amongst it to date.

Peterson not playing.

Are we allowed to give reports this week?

Currently Nth Ballarat 5.3 to Box Hill 3.3. Nth have kicked 4 in a row. Box Hill look very, very ordinary. Of the Hawks listed players, only Shane Savage getting amongst it to date.

Peterson not playing.

Would say we would Rudi since the is live on tv today.

Ouch, just checked the score again and not much better than when I left. Back to watching FutureWeapons on Foxtell for me.

I doubt Morton will be on our list next year..They should be killing Ballarat, so disappointed in them today. It always shown live here on a Sat at 1pm.. Didn't know they had delayed broadcasts..
Hard to pick one player today a BOG..Certainly not one of ours!! No spirit, no guts, and no win!!! We will get flogged today the way we are playing..
The seniors problems seemto be rubbing off on our VFL players!!:(
Was good to see Josh Gibson there today, but didn't Shwab and co enjoy rubbing into him about the pussycat dolls..How terrible, being out until 5am in the morning..tut,tut, shocking for a young man...:)

Just scored our first goal since the middle of the first quarter!!

This side contains Moss, Morton, Suckling, Dowler, Muston & Savage and they're getting flogged.

Dowler & Muston worry me. They should be doing so much better at this level.

A very disappointing effort by the Hawks today.
The committment by the Hawks listed players should be questioned., they were so flat today,not half the side that beat Geelong a couple of weeks ago.

Very disappointing all round effort today. Hard to pick any best players. Little teamwork, little communication. About the only highlight was no injuries (atleast not serious). An unBox Hill like performance. Let's hope the boys are fired up for next week and this is simply a once off shocker. Come on boys, regain your confidence. We all know you are heaps better than this.

One bit of good news, is that Stokes kicked 3 goals, and was one of the best on ground for BH reserves... Not bad for his first game for the season..
As for the BHH, what a shocker of a game, turned it off at 3/4 time. Couldn't bear to watch such an insipid effort by ALL of the players.
If that is all we have coming up through the ranks, then God help us!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back