Preview Round 4: Changes and prematch discussion vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old north rebound from a disappointing game with a tough brand of footy. Let’s hope this continues.

I'd personally undertake a blood sacrifice for something approaching consistency.

We were terrible, and we still could have won that game. The problem was that we were terrible.

A loss like that really halts any if all momentum and we’re back to square one now after yesterday’s loss.

We’ve always been a reactive team so bouncing back against Hawthorn would be extremely North like.

Opposition players being infected with a global pandemic? Opposition clubs getting handed such a compromised fixture that their participation is almost irrelevant? (Ess, WC, Freo) NMFC faithful being excluded from the journey?

What would I prefer? Win in 2020 knowing that it's a complete outlier? Yeah. Or win in 2021 and use 2020 as a stepping stone? Yeah.

Whoever wins this year will be happy but not as much as a real year. I'd be happy to call it off but that won't happen due to $$$$$. In the meantime...Go Roos..but...meh.
North have been given compromised fixtures for the last 25 years!

Yes, 2020 season is different. But it still means something.

Out: Bonar, Hayden, Wood
In: Cunnington, Williams, Xerri

Bonar not up to it. Hayden needs a spell. Wood not good enough to play second banana.

Nope nope nope, Ahern kicked an important goal.

Thomas did bugger all, Hayden needs a break.

I hope Ahern & Bonar come good. However, it’s their apparent ineffectiveness that gets me down. I’ll grant Ahern scored a good goal when others were missing. He was good with ball in hand twice in the second quarter. I like Hayden. He’s got moxy. He plays with great intent. As a rule of thumb, I would have thought you introduce new players in “safer” parts of the ground to “protect” them from their inevitable mistakes. The good and the bad of Kyrons day was far more obvious than anything Bonar displayed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd personally undertake a blood sacrifice for something approaching consistency.

We were terrible, and we still could have won that game. The problem was that we were terrible.

The really disappointing aspect is that we started like a house on fire. Ziebell, BBB and Thomas produced more in the first 60 seconds than they did in the entire rest of the game. What gives with that?

I really don’t know who’ll come in. I hadn’t predicted Ahern would of but made sense once announced.

Do we have the depth to replace Wood. He’d got a few touches but I don t know who’ll be better.
Williams has to come in - was there anyone seriously out of their depth at AFL level. People have scorned Hayden although I thought he done some good things.
Out: Hayden
In: Williams

Xerri should come in to at least keep McEvoy engaged, and help out with Ruck duties. Hope Cunners, Marley, and Bailey return, at whose expense ? there are multiple candidates imo.
McEvoy is playing as a defender these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Hayden (he'll be back), Ahern, Wood

In: Williams, Cunnington, Xerri (Need another target. We are really missing Larkey's forward craft and capacity to create space for Brown)

I hope Ahern & Bonar come good. However, it’s their apparent ineffectiveness that gets me down. I’ll grant Ahern scored a good goal when others were missing. He was good with ball in hand twice in the second quarter. I like Hayden. He’s got moxy. He plays with great intent. As a rule of thumb, I would have thought you introduce new players in “safer” parts of the ground to “protect” them from their inevitable mistakes. The good and the bad of Kyrons day was far more obvious than anything Bonar displayed.

Moxy?

For years we've been stating that VFL form should be rewarded... And now you lot all ignore our best in the ressies this past week.

Surely, if we're not hypocritical, our first IN has to be:

1592711857707.png

🤣 He’s a Norwegian manufacturer of articulated haulers (dump trucks). Didn’t you know that W? Of course, if he had moxie, he wouldn’t let a minor setback stop him from trying again, because he’d be a determined person who doesn't give up easily. Kyron strikes me of being someone with a fighting spirit.

* With thanks to Google

Hayden got caught a few times trying to be a bit too cute, and got his pants pulled down by some of the best forwards in the league. but that is good learning for the kid. When he did get the ball in hand his delivery was superb. Remember Cunners gets caught from time to time trying to break a tackle. I understand that Bonar and Ahern were a bit rusty, but hey, you have to take your chances when they come. Taylor, Wood and Thomas also had very poor games. Higgo and Polec were below their best, Froggy and Jedi had very little impact. Hayden was not the worst out there last night. If Bonar was in for Cunners then he should have been given a run through the middle, especially with so many on this forum banging on about how physical he is. If the coach is not willing to play him through the middle at least in shifts then he has some serious work to do.

In : Williams, Hosie, Cunners
Out : Wood, Bonar, one of Ahern/Thomas/Taylor, I suspect it will be Ahern but he offered more value than the other two last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back