Preview Round 4: Changes and prematch discussion vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brad Scott era has officially been thrown on the ground, pissed on and set on fire.

Win, lose or draw, Shaw is signalling no more free rides!

If anything this mind set should drive these kids to work their arse off, because they know they will be rewarded if they can prove they have put the work in.

North Melbourne was more ruthless, axing Mason Wood after two goalless games and defensive stalwart Jamie Macmillan.

Ex-Giants Aiden Bonar and Paul Ahern also lost their spots at the Roos, who regained Ben Cunnington (back) and Marley Williams and will blood Jack Mahony and Tristan Xerri.

Harsh for Bonar. Not given a real chance.

He was only in there to cover Cunners.

Shaw wants Xerri to smash into players

love it!

Shaw: "You know what is expected of you, and you got to be an aggressive bastard and go and hit some bodies and we can't wait to see that on Sunday."

That is why Wood isn't there.

Cunnington back in is huge, generally gets a fair bit of it against Hawthorn.

Given the coaching connection, it is a fitting fixture to be playing North this weekend with the death of Kanga.

Hope it is a good hard game played in the right spirit to honour the great man (and nobody cops a violent knee to the back of the scone....)

Cunnington back in is huge, generally gets a fair bit of it against Hawthorn.

Given the coaching connection, it is a fitting fixture to be playing North this weekend with the death of Kanga.

Hope it is a good hard game played in the right spirit to honour the great man (and nobody cops a violent knee to the back of the scone....)

I reckon Kanga would be all for a knee to the back of the head. Flying for a mark of course.

Ziebull can finally put his whip away. 🤣

He probably thinks he's a genius for getting it right the 1st time in 80 attempts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll start off by saying I have gotten it horribly wrong before. I have shitcanned ins only for them to come out and win.

I like these ins.

I think the 2 keys for me are an additional tall forward and a proper small back.

I thought they'd go Campbell, but glad they went youth.

No idea if we win this but dropping a senior player should hopefully send a message about the power dynamic within the group.

Absolute focus with maximum effort.

For a long time these pricks picked us as bunnies who they felt they could beat up on. Lets right some of that Sunday.

How awesome is it seeing how many youngsters in the team. Xerri mahoney Taylor zurharr Thomas hayden simpkin all 22 and under.

I'll let you know around 8:00pm on Sunday johnny.

Dropping 4 blokes was the appropriate response to the garbage that was served up last week.

Looks like Shawry is on the right track here.

Importantly though this should be a wake up call to the others still in the ones - those that have been given a comfortable ride for years - and we all know who they are.

Shawry is telling them point blank - pull your finger out and perform on a consistent basis or your career at North will come to a sudden halt.

Last edited:
We are getting very close to finally phasing out turnstiles Macmillan

Could be the week with Marley in

Daw to come in next week also

Who’s your next unfortunate target

I like the changes and gives us more flexibility.
Looks like Thomas will be used through the mids more with cunners coming in and two mids going out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back