Preview Round 4: Changes and prematch discussion vs Hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If adding another string to his bow was to eat sh*t and drink piss, hes done well! The kid needs to get fit

and if he doesnt get fit, i’d delist him.. hes quite frankly clogging the list At this point in time
The venom directed at Ahern is laughable. We've plied a ridiculous amount of games into average skilled plodders for 20 years. In fact, we still do. I'm sure we can afford to give a talented player like him a better run at it. A simple solution might be to play him in his proper position.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The venom directed at Ahern is laughable. We've plied a ridiculous amount of games into average skilled plodders for 20 years.

Okay, so that justifies it. :thumbsu:

:rolleyes:

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The venom directed at Ahern is laughable. We've plied a ridiculous amount of games into average skilled plodders for 20 years. In fact, we still do. I'm sure we can afford to give a talented player like him a better run at it. A simple solution might be to play him in his proper position.
I think one of the most ridiculous things was expecting him to preform like an hundred game player, after one good game and dropping him for things the other incumbents do on a regular basis.

New rules now, he deserved to be dropped but he’ll be welcomed back with open arms if he comes back with intensity.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
New rules now, he deserved to be dropped but he’ll be welcomed back with open arms if he comes back with intensity.

If a player is going to be predominately one way and offensive, then they have to have real hurt with their disposals, and Paul is not delivering that.

He's icing with no sugar at the moment. IMO, he has to play forward in order to get the most out of him, but his opponent is also going to have a field day if we're not controlling the midfield, and that places even more pressure on our already overworked defence.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As we know Hawks the most experienced team going around - in fact let's just call what it is - they are old, real old.

HawthornAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.5cmHeight188.3cm
87.9kgWeight87.0kg
28yr 0mthAge26yr 1mth
140.6Games107.6

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
View attachment 900658
(Changes made after the horrible loss to Adelaide in 2013)

Brad Scott expressed his anger in the press conference and said he would push players and those that did well played.

He goes and makes a forced change and drops a rookie in Majak Daw.

The inherent problem was talk, but no walk. Players would get away with inconsistent performances.

Shaw expressed a lot of disappointment in his presser as well but look what happened this time.

And the Sydney game isn't as bad as the capitulation to Adelaide.

Shaw ain't mucking around indeed.
I have a gut feeling he would have put a few on notice as well.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
As we know Hawks the most experienced team going around - in fact let's just call what it is - they are old, real old.

188.5cmHeight188.3cm
87.9kgWeight87.0kg
28yr 0mthAge26yr 1mth
140.6Games107.6
Their age didn't matter last week when they flogged the premiers. Or in round 1 when they spanked the Lions who finished 2nd.

I don't think it's much of a factor.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

188.5cmHeight188.3cm
87.9kgWeight87.0kg
28yr 0mthAge26yr 1mth
140.6Games107.6

Our forward line must be about the most inexperienced if X and Mahony start.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m assuming you’ve got some sort of personal relationship and inside knowledge about Paul’s behaviour. If what you said is the case, he certainly won’t last under Scamper. In fact, I’m completely flabbergasted that Scamper has allowed him to be selected (even permitting him to be an emergency) under the circumstances you’ve outlined.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of course he doesn't. Sees player not fit , assumes pie eating and piss drinking. He was out with a hammie over the break. I don't have any insight into how hard he trains except that Scamper picked him on resumption. Doubt he'd have done that if Pauly had been bludging.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
The Brad Scott era has officially been thrown on the ground, pissed on and set on fire.

Win, lose or draw, Shaw is signalling no more free rides!

If anything this mind set should drive these kids to work their arse off, because they know they will be rewarded if they can prove they have put the work in.

And so it should be set on fire.

We have 200 gamers in the midfield and guys like Atley and JMAC running around every week.

The mids get a pass but the output of some of our senior players is laughable.

Of course he doesn't. Sees player not fit , assumes pie eating and piss drinking. He was out with a hammie over the break. I don't have any insight into how hard he trains except that Scamper picked him on resumption. Doubt he'd have done that if Pauly had been bludging.

🤣 Yes, that was the passive aggressive point I was making.

Why did Shaw have to announce the debutants over a Zoom call talking to a piece of plastic, rather than just tell all the players at the club after training yesterday?

Probably because the entire list isn’t allowed to train together.

Yeah I get they can't do drills together, but wouldn't the players have all been at the club together around the same time? team meeting?
Or they had final selection committee after training and the players have gone.

Who knows, do you actually expect people on here to know the meetting schedules for the internal working of the club?

Perhaps it was to produce the video.
Perhaps it happens every week.

Who knows.

Why did Shaw have to announce the debutants over a Zoom call talking to a piece of plastic, rather than just tell all the players at the club after training yesterday?

Perhaps because the meeting to finalise the 22 happened after training?

Edit: beaten by the post above.

I think one of the most ridiculous things was expecting him to preform like an hundred game player, after one good game and dropping him for things the other incumbents do on a regular basis.

I don't think it's about games played. IMO it was ridiculous expecting him to perform as an outside mid with good pressure. He's shown no indications ever that's in his skillset and I doubt 100 games will make a massive difference. He's an inside ball hog with very neat disposal that currently needs to be carried by the rest of the team for that not to be a liability when we're not winning the ball.

FWIW I would have played him right in the middle and structured up around his lack of run and pressure but I doubt it makes much sense to build around him at this point. He'll make it a lot easier on himself to get games if he can get some sort of endurance into his game and put some proper defensive running and aggressive forward running to complement his talent.

Their age didn't matter last week when they flogged the premiers. Or in round 1 when they spanked the Lions who finished 2nd.

I don't think it's much of a factor.
Especially with the 16 minute quarters

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne

yeh mate, he is filled with talent, unless he gets himself fit that talent is wasted. Im confused as to why he was picked for baily scott to be honest. maybe with the smaller group training sessions he stood out.. he was simply not fit enough and thats not “match fitness” thats borderline local league fitness.

I was talking him up Before the game to the zoom squad. Then he came out, it was foolish of me to think he was up to standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back