Preview Round 4 - Changes/Prematch Discussion vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane is their barometer, and dislikes being tagged, someone must get the run with role all night.
Won't happen, Scott will back in his players to collectively nullify him :rolleyes:

How are we possibly complaining about these changes????

Scott has been good, showing great signs, but you are all pleading for Ahern, so what do you want? You can't have your cake and eat it to. You are essentially saying we should drop Simpkin instead but they play different roles. Bailey also could benefit from a rest, EVERY team in the league rests their young players.
The only other option is to drop LDU. Yeah, nah, don't think we would like that either.
Wood comes in because we are extracting the urine if we reckon Campbell is solving anything. Jed for Tyson is ideal, Dom is unlucky but he was brought in to the club as depth. Mckay coming out is purely to suit the opposition. Jenkins and Walker aren't contested marking forwards, he would get exploited for speed.

This team that we have fielded is good, very good. It just needs to CLICK. Imagine if we put together that first quarter from last week for a whole game! All we have done since then is upgrade our 22 with the inclusions. This team is just having teething issues, the tools are there, back them in.

And to those who are actually deciding that they will actively not go to the game on Saturday, pull your head in. That doesn't achieve anything. You don't abandon the club when they need you. That's weak. You reckon we will get to keep the Good Friday game if our fans aren't showing up? If we want the players to show some heart, then we need to do it with them! Get to Marvel if you can!

Go Roos

North fans when we’re playing 3 tall forwards against a smaller backline- we’re too tall up front, their smalls will kill us on the rebound.

North fans when we’re playing a smaller backline against a 3 tall forward setup- we’re too small down back, their talls will kill us.

Good and bad tonight imo.

Jed single-handedly transforms out midfield. He'll be so improtant, especially with the Crouch brothers starting the year excellently, and nothign more needs to be said about Ahern other than about time.

But I just don't get why Larkey doesn't come in for Campbell. For one, his form deserves it. Two, we'll be seeing ******* Brown in the ruck and my God, nothing *s me off more. Three, we are absolutely guaranteed to break down across half forward as we did against Freo, or Brown will have to come up and we'll have no one to kick to deeper. Larkey should have been in instead of Zurhaar. I just don't see the point of him with the players already in. We've already got enough 10-12 possession, 1 goal, tackling forwards.

As for the rest, I find it strange that the week we drop McKay is the week that the opposition has three tall forwards. But I guess I expect LMac to play on Lynch as he has done in the past.

Tyson is a pretty lazy drop. I get why he's gone when it comes to the midfield mix with Jed and Pauly in, and he suffers by not being able to play elsewhere. I get it, but I think it's pretty harsh.

And there's really no point speaking about JMac and LMac anymore. I mean if JMac's not going to go with the awful efforts he's put in with the ball this year, he never will.

Oh, and Scott. Very harsh. I mean, it's hard to say without being on the inside whether he needs a rest or not, but it feels like somewhat of a cop out. I get the thinking that maybe Scott, Thomas, and LDU all in the team at the same time maybe gives us one too may inexperienced players, but i mean, we're 0-3. It's almost time to start playing them.

I know Brad is really into his golf, so assume Jy and Jamie are pretty good at pulling a golf ball through a straw just before selection night each week.

Like Ahern in but wouldve thought we'd recognised how stunted McKay is already with no senior exposure last year.

So of course the solution was to drop him.

Question re Bailey, do other clubs 1st year kids need to be protected from the rigours of senior football after a month too or is it just ours?

All this talk about dropping Lmac and Jmac is probably wanted but who comes in? We have Murphy... that’s it

That'll do fine.

To be be perfectly blunt, I'd have dropped Jmac even if the AFL told us we could only replace him with a low powered pokemon card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are we possibly complaining about these changes????

Scott has been good, showing great signs, but you are all pleading for Ahern, so what do you want? You can't have your cake and eat it to. You are essentially saying we should drop Simpkin instead but they play different roles. Bailey also could benefit from a rest, EVERY team in the league rests their young players.
The only other option is to drop LDU. Yeah, nah, don't think we would like that either.
Wood comes in because we are extracting the urine if we reckon Campbell is solving anything. Jed for Tyson is ideal, Dom is unlucky but he was brought in to the club as depth. Mckay coming out is purely to suit the opposition. Jenkins and Walker aren't contested marking forwards, he would get exploited for speed.

This team that we have fielded is good, very good. It just needs to CLICK. Imagine if we put together that first quarter from last week for a whole game! All we have done since then is upgrade our 22 with the inclusions. This team is just having teething issues, the tools are there, back them in.

And to those who are actually deciding that they will actively not go to the game on Saturday, pull your head in. That doesn't achieve anything. You don't abandon the club when they need you. That's weak. You reckon we will get to keep the Good Friday game if our fans aren't showing up? If we want the players to show some heart, then we need to do it with them! Get to Marvel if you can!

Go Roos

Get stuffed

Could you imagine Brad Scott ever dropping a player like Gibbs? would never happen.

Good midfielders love playeing aainst us, i think they all have career high brownlow votes against us.
Only Jacobs could slow that down.
Named as an emergency. Wait and see.

very very very lucky to hold his spot on last weeks performance
Through the fog of mediocrity last week, there were three beacons of hope for this club- Thomas, Scott and LDU. If Thomas was very very very lucky to hold his spot there are no words in the english language to describe how fortunate about 5 of his senior team mates are.

The changes are pretty good to be honest, at least for Scott. It's what we've been wanting.

I would have liked to have seen Larkey get a run out over Wood though. Another showing like his last game and he probably shouldn't be playing for us again until he's been able to dominate VFL for a solid month.

Resting Bailey I can understand, especially if the reports of gastro were true, it takes a lot of out you.

Then there's JMac and LMac.. but it really does seem that they're untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back