Preview Round 4 - Changes/Prematch Discussion vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"It's always a challenge at match committee to go, at what point do you support those guys, back those guys in to return to form. We've got to look at some of our guys ahead of the ball, in our forward line; they're not playing as well as we know they're capable of.

"There's an opportunity for them, but I'm confident they'll respond."

That could easily have come from Scotts.

I'm not too fussed with JMac playing on Lynch. He's had success on him before especially when Lynch has pushed up the ground.

No idea why they haven't move LMac to Jacobs role while he is out. Scott always seems to steer clear of taggers due to "structures", but when he has caved and used Levi in that role (may have been Crocker that did it while Scott was out) and then with Jacobs it worked a treat. LMac is one of our best runners, is out of form, and has destroyed Sloane in the past. We do so well shutting down mids and then we just scrap it when the main tagger is out...

Lets be honest, LMac and Turner could play any worse at the moment. Give it a try Scott.

The past few weeks have been absolutely awful. The skills of many are abysmal and I simply cannot see what the game plan is and if anyone actually knows what it is.

I think McDonald can play a defensive role - it's just about discipline with him, and keeping his disposal and decision-making simple. No doubt he has lived a charmed selection life but without Williams and EVW available it's difficult to drop both he and Macmillan.

We don't have enough depth to drop every out of form player but we could at least drop one or two of the incumbents.

McKay has been far worse than McDonald or McMillan if we really want people to play on merits.

Tyson’s is a momentum killer with his disposal and Jed clearly an upgrade as the defensive mid. Plus the same people bemoaning favourites also say Brad never drops players he trades in....

Campbell also had to go, hopefully the rocket Wood got from being dropped (yes, he was dropped on performance) works.

Bailey a bit stiff, but which other mid goes out? Ahern clearly an upgrade.

Saw the changes and thought, wow, even by Scotts's standards, this is laughable.

Playing a smaller backline against Adelaide than against Hawthorn the week before.

If that isn't a tacit admission that the match committee stuffed up last week, then you'll never get one.

Neither JMac or Simpkin dropped. They were abysmal last week. If you can't be dropped after games like that, you basically can't be dropped.

I'm now referring to those guys as the Golden Tickets.

Meanwhile, Bailey Scott -- one of the three* players making this season bearable -- misses out.

*The others being LDU and Cunnington.

0-3, they decide to drop a defender, and the young KPD misses out. No worries, the next coach can develop him, right?

Thompson is about to turn 33, and the struggling Tarrant is about to turn 30. You do the math.

Do these turkeys still think they are premiership contenders?

We couldn't even beat Brisbane. At home.

It is popcorn time down at Arden St. Gobble gobble.

Last edited:
And to those who are actually deciding that they will actively not go to the game on Saturday, pull your head in. That doesn't achieve anything. You don't abandon the club when they need you. That's weak. You reckon we will get to keep the Good Friday game if our fans aren't showing up? If we want the players to show some heart, then we need to do it with them! Get to Marvel if you can!
This is the same club which is incrementally abandoning Melbourne, yeah?

A club with Melbourne in its name, mind you.

L
Take a guess how many brownlow votes Lmac and Jmac have between them in their 241 games.

My honest guess is zero. But now you've got me intrigued. Is it zero?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay has been far worse than McDonald or McMillan if we really want people to play on merits.

If you read my suggested changes I completely agree with McKay going back to the twos to get some touch. Not sure how he is relevant to a discussion about Macmillan and McDonald though?

Tyson’s is a momentum killer with his disposal and Jed clearly an upgrade as the defensive mid. Plus the same people bemoaning favourites also say Brad never drops players he trades in....

Agree Tyson probably goes if you're going a mid for a mid, but I don't see why necessarily this had to happen. We're already ridiculously predictable with our centre square set-ups - why not add Jed to the mix, then play Ziebell 100% forward and rotate Higgins and Ahern through the middle and across half forward?

Campbell also had to go, hopefully the rocket Wood got from being dropped (yes, he was dropped on performance) works.

Agree Campbell had to go, but not sure what the purpose of dropping Wood is if you're going to then pick him without any form behind him. Larkey needs to be rewarded for 18 months of consistent VFL form.

Bailey a bit stiff, but which other mid goes out? Ahern clearly an upgrade.

Not every change has to be like for like. Drop Turner, play Simpkin in Turner's role and then you don't have to drop Scott. Or even just drop Jy who has been woeful. Easy.

Bastinac was omitted
Clarke was omitted
Greenwood was omitted

Corey Wagner survives so far.
Preuss kicked two first-half goals and played well as a key forward.

Apparently not what the club needed 'going forward'.

So we traded him for Dom Tyson.

(Tyson was omitted)

Todd Goldstein is about to turn 31 by the way.

Seeing we have a Ch 7 game, does that mean that should we be victorious, we will be honoured with a post match visit to the rooms by Roaming Brian ?

No

It’s Darcy/Richo/Lingy

Expect obvious statements and favouritism when one team is leading until an avalanche of kudos in the last 5 minutes for the winner (unless close) and the odd brave comment for the loser albeit a win/lose/draw

Oh and if we do win unprecedented access post game

Preuss kicked two first-half goals and played well as a key forward.

Apparently not what the club needed 'going forward'.

So we traded him for Dom Tyson.

(Tyson was omitted)

Todd Goldstein is about to turn 31 by the way.

Hey buddy, if Tyson wasn't suited by the current handball happy crap then how do you reckon Preuss would go? Think things through a bit better.:thumbsu:

Tyson for Preuss was a bargain trade for us.

We've been playing a reject ruckman as our CHF.

This week we are playing a cat at CHF. Aaron Black 2.0 but his friends call him Mason.

And Tyson has just been dropped from the team.

Meanwhile Preuss played as a key forward and kicked two first-half goals last night.

In years to come we will look back on the trading out of Preuss as the low water mark of this football department.

Let me repeat: Goldstein turns 31 in a few weeks.

Hey buddy, if Tyson wasn't suited by the current handball happy crap then how do you reckon Preuss would go? Think things through a bit better.:thumbsu:

I prefer Tyson as well.
Preuss can't play for 4 quarters, anyway.

I prefer Tyson as well.
Preuss can't play for 4 quarters, anyway.

He's rooted after 1 quarter and that's not even when he's playing full time ruck.

He didn't play as a #1 ruckman last night. He played as a key forward and pinch-hit in the ruck.

The question is, who is better at that role: Campbell or Preuss?

On exposed form, this is easy to answer.

No point of talking about that.
We have number one ruckman Goldstein. He never be dropped.

I still believe this guy comes back.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back