Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Personally I'm happy the midfield is finally right. Jed and Pauly in the middle is an opportunity to leave Cunners out of some centre bounces. I'd love to see a centre bounce set up of Jed, LDU, Pauly and Goldy a few times this week.

Almost...

benjacobs-200x320.jpg

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
I'm not as down on Luke as others as he's fierce enough and he's got penetration in his kicking. I just don't think he's a defender. He's too attacking and he lacks leg speed. He allows too much separation with his man ball hunting and he's not quick enough getting back. I suspect it's a hangover from his junior days when he would have been the star player and those type of players just don't do defence. It's the midfield stoppages or bust for him.
Hes too one sided to play in the square. Got away with it in juniors but gets found out in senior afl. you can get away with it you have great agility and sideways moves to free up. He doesnt have those. Sad.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You haven't been watching if you want Pittard out.
Pittard is garbage! Would you like to go back and watch direct turn overs resulting in opposition goals? Or how bout hand balling it off to only sell a team mate under pressure who then coughs the ball up and results in a direct goal? Or the inability to lay a tackle when the ball has been in defensive 50 more than half a game? .. dont be fooled by pittard! His running the same stats as last year, marginally better and he barely got a game for port.. im not sold!

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Pittard is garbage! Would you like to go back and watch direct turn overs resulting in opposition goals? Or how bout hand balling it off to only sell a team mate under pressure who then coughs the ball up and results in a direct goal? Or the inability to lay a tackle when the ball has been in defensive 50 more than half a game? .. dont be fooled by pittard! His running the same stats as last year, marginally better and he barely got a game for port.. im not sold!
Has barely turned it over this year, his disposal has generally been more than solid.

More than that, he reads the ball in the air down there better than most and he can actually defend one-on-one. Williams started the year well too, but seeing as though he's now injured, I'd say Pittard's comfortable been our best defender so far.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has barely turned it over this year, his disposal has generally been more than solid.

More than that, he reads the ball in the air down there better than most and he can actually defend one-on-one. Williams started the year well too, but seeing as though he's now injured, I'd say Pittard's comfortable been our best defender so far.
Entitled to an opinion, he wouldnt get a game at any other club, gifted a nmfc jumper!

his efficiency is over represented in hand balls! Which you failed to acknowledge selling his team mates under pressure.. He played OK against hawthorn but was not any good the first two weeks! Dont put your eggs in the pittard basket.. you’ll be incredibly disappointed!

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personally, I don't think any of that matters too much under the current tactical system.

Our forwards are getting suffocated because of the amount of handball chains that either stall or break down altogether.
100% agree with that. In light of the current coaching predicament, would still like to see wood do his thing as a proper 3rd banana, which he has shown he can be very effective at. Will happen at some stage I'm tipping

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Did you see the hand ball that resulted in a direct turn over and shot at goal? Or do we suffer STML around here?

Twanger

Draftee
Aug 19, 2009
Monbulk
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Season is just about shot now.

All that effort to rotate the list, give some younger players a go, recruit some good players and this is the result...

What ever happens from here, couldn't care. There are so many issues with this team that can actually be fixed quite easily by someone half competent at the helm. We can beat the best with a better coaching team. So much better.

• The lack of midfield pressure.
  • The lack of forward pressure.
  • Disregard for a shambles backline in need of support.
  • Rare 1%s.
  • The lack of footy smarts in tight contests.
  • The lack of threatening nature that North used to be known for.
  • The lack of everything that makes a football side, a premiership side.
What I just mentioned, can be materialised. This list can be good.

Just not under Brad.

Used to defend him to the doubters, now I just don't care if he goes or not. I don't care if we win next week as the last 3 weeks feel like 3 months now.

When the siren sounded, I showed little emotion if any. And I hate that.

8 or 9 years ago when the passion under Brad was still raw, we'd be quite patient with results and showed maturity to give Scott some time to assess the list. We went through a hell of a ride!

9 years have gone, those underlying issues still lurk in the current list...
  • Leaky defensive structure.
  • Can only attack by sacrificing our defensive structure.
  • Can only run one way.
  • Cannot run both ways.
  • Inconsistent quarters.
  • Losing a lead consistently.
  • Too bulky of a midfield.
Laidley wouldn't tolerate this, neither would any of the previous generation of players/coaches.

You did something wrong, you got told.

Premiership sides enforce competence and stride to excellence and giving it your all.

I don't see that from the North of today.

My optimism as a North supporter, is now vanished. Gone.

I challenge any optimistic posters out there to throw stats and facts at me to change my mind.. I don't know what we have honestly done well.

I am blue and white and will always be, but the club has drained the soul of what was, a great club.

2019 can't end soon enough by the looks of things.
You forgot to mention our atrocious kicking skills. Simpkin and Turner can’t kick 30 meters. McDonald and Williams are one sided and continually turn the ball over.
Who is our skills coach. Kicking has been poor for years under Brad. Poor Polac Hall and Pittard. They must be wondering what they have got themselves in for.

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
All you guys and gals calling for Turner to be out, and Simpkin, dont you think they show enough to stay. I have never called for them to be dropped, like most posters. Turner's forward pressure means he wont be dropped, and he is one of Brad's favourites, of course. Simpkin showed great signs tonight!!

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wish this was in Tassie.
Just wanted to say well done on the win. I can't remember a more abject crows team and apathetic coaching group that literally rolled over and surrendered tonight. Your midfielders part way through the 3rd quarter realised they were being put under no pressure and thought we will have some of this. We then got swarmed and the final margin flattered the crows as your guys had an off night in front of goal. Good luck for the rest of the season

Well, don't you look stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back