Prediction Round 4: Changes Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't be booing Hogan. Seems more likely that would fire him up
Me neither. Remember hearing at least thirty boos when we played SkY. Hill wandered around all gathering possessions with a huge smile on his face.
Remember, Fremantle were prepaprepared to trade Hogan.
He didn't give us what we wanted, but don't boo him.

It's not about that.

We supported him through everything, chance after chance and he didn't give a fu**.

******* flipped a car in 50 zone. We gave up alot for him. Worst trade full ******* stop.
What's any of that got to do with how he'll respond to booing?

Me neither. Remember hearing at least thirty boos when we played SkY. Hill wandered around all gathering possessions with a huge smile on his face.
That was strange, Hilly came from Mayne and turned into Serong plus he gave us his best years even if we did waste them. We made out like Bandits, fans should be cheering him for the future flag he will bring us.

I won't be booing Hogan. Seems more likely that would fire him up

I wouldn't think a mental health sufferer as Hogan is the type to get "fired up" with crowd abuse. I did that to Fraser Gehrig at Docklands years ago. Was down near the goals and got within ear shot to give him a mouthful after he gut punched Jlo (I think). Gave him a good cheeky serve with a big grin on my face with "See ya at the tribunal, Fraser". I got the death stare, eye to eye, as I was laughing at him. All l I did was make the f**ker angry and he kicked about six goals on us.

Lesson? Pfft. But Hogan aint Gehrig. Hogan will crumble me thinks.

What's any of that got to do with how he'll respond to booing?
I dont think he's made his point very well but I'm really surprised you think Hogan is the type to respond well to getting boo'd. Nothing he's done on the footy field has ever suggested he's one to deal with that pressure very well. Dealing with the off-field stuff he's had to deal with is a very different proposition.

I wouldn't think a mental health sufferer as Hogan is the type to get "fired up" with crowd abuse. I did that to Fraser Gehrig at Docklands years ago. Was down near the goals and got within ear shot to give him a mouthful after he gut punched Jlo (I think). Gave him a good cheeky serve with a big grin on my face with "See ya at the tribunal, Fraser". I got the death stare, eye to eye, as I was laughing at him. All l I did was make the f**ker angry and he kicked about six goals on us.

Lesson? Pfft. But Hogan aint Gehrig. Hogan will crumble me thinks.
THAT WAS YOU!!???
If it's the game I'm thinking of, I was a teenager who watched that game shocked that someone could outmuscle Antoni Grover like he weighed nothing. I'd seen all types try to move that guy, and he never moved an inch. Gehrig absolutely monstered him and I assumed it was roids. Turns out it was just some Freo fan pissing him off :tearsofjoy:

It's not like Hogan came in and deliberately ****ed us over. He's clearly a fairly troubled kid who has had to deal with a lot already (Father passing, cancer scare of his own), plus he likes the gear and isn't obsessed with his job (I know lots and lots of people who tick those boxes).

We took a punt on him knowing full well what he was like, that's on us. If you're going to boo anyone, boo the recruitment team that decided to gamble on him.

I feel more sorry for Hogan than anything. Compared to Cerra, who can go and get ****ed.

I dont think he's made his point very well but I'm really surprised you think Hogan is the type to respond well to getting boo'd. Nothing he's done on the footy field has ever suggested he's one to deal with that pressure very well. Dealing with the off-field stuff he's had to deal with is a very different proposition.
To my eye the only pressure he's never dealt with well is the pressure of expectation. Even then it could be argued pre cancer days he killed the pressure of expectation being a priority pick for a crap team at 17 and kicking 40-50 goals a year.
I have no idea why people think he couldn't cope with booing

That was strange, Hilly came from Mayne and turned into Serong plus he gave us his best years even if we did waste them. We made out like Bandits, fans should be cheering him for the future flag he will bring us.
What was even more strange was I sat around some people who booed Mayne when he came with the pies to play us. Someone near us stood up and shouted "DON'T BOO THE BLOKE YOU...." and genuinely got a clap. If that old, grumpy man happens to be on here, please PM me and I'd happily buy you a beer which I couldn't do then as his wife had already cut him off.

To my eye the only pressure he's never dealt with well is the pressure of expectation. Even then it could be argued pre cancer days he killed the pressure of expectation being a priority pick for a crap team at 17.
I have no idea why people think he couldn't cope with booing
I mean, I dont think he's the type to get visibly upset on the field or anything like that, I just dont think he's the type to get angry in the way he'll want to take over the game and "shove it up em."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about that.

We supported him through everything, chance after chance and he didn't give a fu**.

******* flipped a car in 50 zone. We gave up alot for him. Worst trade full ******* stop.
Nah, Freo chased him hard remember, and the timing was terrible. He lost his way. Freo also pushed him out. It is not like he chose to leave. We were going to delist him if a trade could not be found. I do not understand booing him just because he went through some serious s**t, and he was struggling mentally.

But by all means, people are entitled to act like dicks and boo him. I get it for a player that leaves and shafts the club, or players that are snipers like Baker, or for the Gaff incident. This was not the case.

What was even more strange was I sat around some people who booed Mayne when he came with the pies to play us. Someone near us stood up and shouted "DON'T BOO THE BLOKE YOU...." and genuinely got a clap. If that old, grumpy man happens to be on here, please PM me and I'd happily buy you a beer which I couldn't do then as his wife had already cut him off.
i could understanding give BHill a bit of a boo seeing while we made out like bandits, having him come here only to * off so soon was frustrating, but I never understood giving Mayney a boo (similar with Croz though I don't think I've seen him cop any). most entertaining though was last year everyone seemingly forgetting about Weller's existence

THAT WAS YOU!!???
If it's the game I'm thinking of, I was a teenager who watched that game shocked that someone could outmuscle Antoni Grover like he weighed nothing. I'd seen all types try to move that guy, and he never moved an inch. Gehrig absolutely monstered him and I assumed it was roids. Turns out it was just some Freo fan pissing him off :tearsofjoy:
Can't believe someone remembers. I'm a tad embarrassed to be honest but yes, I have a mouth at the footy in Melbs. I'm loud, try to be witty, and not shy at games, though I've toned back a bit these days. I tend to stand out barracking for Freo in Melbourne, he he. I give my all!

i could understanding give BHill a bit of a boo seeing while we made out like bandits, having him come here only to fu** off so soon was frustrating, but I never understood giving Mayney a boo (similar with Croz though I don't think I've seen him cop any). most entertaining though was last year everyone seemingly forgetting about Weller's existence
I'd love to know the demographic on the booers. Are they fiercely loyal people who are still married to their high school sweet heart and been working the same job for 30 years and they boo as they don't understand it? or they are onto their 3 marriage and switch jobs every few years so boo to cover their own feelings on commitment?

Last edited:
I'd love to know the demographic on the booers. Are they fiercely loan people who are still married to their high school sweet heart and been working the same job for 30 years and they boo as they don't understand it? or they are onto their 3 marriage and switch jobs every few years so boo to cover their own feelings on commitment?
well have you researched booingresearch.com

smug the hustler GIF by Maudit

I'd love to know the demographic on the booers. Are they fiercely loan people who are still married to their high school sweet heart and been working the same job for 30 years and they boo as they don't understand it? or they are onto their 3 marriage and switch jobs every few years so boo to cover their own feelings on commitment?
Literally no player that has left Freo over the last 5 years has deserved to be booed except Hogan. It baffled me why Hill was booed at.

I think age is a factor. I used to boo at all sorts of stoopid s**t. I don't any more. Though I think I boo the umpies when they miss a kick. Not sure that makes it ok. But I think I'm a better version of myself when I don't boo in general. Each to their own.

Literally no player that has left Freo over the last 5 years has deserved to be booed except Hogan. It baffled me why Hill was booed at.
Cerra? Didnt see him go in as hard to the contest as i have this year. Thats got to deserve something, surely...:)

I think age is a factor. I used to boo at all sorts of stoopid s**t. I don't any more. Though I think I boo the umpies when they miss a kick. Not sure that makes it ok. But I think I'm a better version of myself when I don't boo in general. Each to their own.
Funny, I always thought it was colour related. I don't boo at anything unless it's Blue and yellow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back