Autopsy Round 4 = Collingwood 60-90 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

If we put the intensity shown in second half earlier we win. Never going to win with the pathetic lack of effort shown in the first half. Much like the dogs game if we’re not on we’re terrible.

I liked the pregame move of Madgen to a wing and the moves of Hoskin-Elliott (wing), Mayne (defence) and Daicos (centre) in the second half.

Too little too late though.

Plenty to gain by playing the kids, the senior players don’t play for the jumper so let’s see what the kids can do.
Id rather avoid a spoon and make sure we don't turn into a Melbourne. We obviously need to have a good look at the kids this year but it needs to be done in a controlled way. Introducing kids into a team that gets spanked weekly is not helpful imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This club's immediate future, say the next three years, is grim and will include a spoon. Our list is heading for worst in league shape, and I really have no read on our youth as we refuse to play them.

It's not just our list of course. Gameplan, direction, skills, coaching, heart. All are deficient. The problems are systemic.

Unfortunately it has reached the point where I can't engage emotionally until there is a sign our club realises where it is. It's decisions over the last years clearly indicate it has no idea where it is, in topping up on players who are supposed to be icing when we have no cake and trading out picks in swaps where we are swapping with clubs on the rise when we are in freefall. An objective view from outside is our only hope, and my only hope at the moment is that Graham Wright is currently laying it on the line to our CEO and board that our football department does not resemble the football department of a competent football club and needs a complete scorched earth treatment.

This year will be shithouse to watch. The only consolation will be occasional sparks from individual young players when given their shot, if they are given a shot. But no mistake, these are grim times.

This is going to be a very very long season.
The effort from most of the 22 was amateur, no intensity, no care, and just lazy footballers

Tank for what? We don't have a first round pick.
I mean play games with an eye to the future rather than sweating out results. Play kids and tap the dead wood on the shoulder

Recruiters need to go, list manager, fitness staff, etc. I like Bucks but we need something new. Hopefully he stays at the club in some capacity

I don't usually call a season early, but I'm happy to tank for the first time in about 15 years. Entire club needs a clean up

Your happy to tank the one year it benefits another side, we could of tanked last year and actually benefited from it but had to grind out an enevitable finals exit.

This year given no bloody picks in the draft is the absolute worst season to tank, it will benefit GWS more then us!

McCreary just played his first game of footy and gave it a good crack, he earned a smile.

Shows what can happen when you give a kid a go, you’ll never know if you don’t play them.

Plenty of guys putting their hand up to be dropped.

GWS are not a top 8 team, the season is over, time to see which of the young guys can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back