Autopsy Round 4 = Collingwood 60-90 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy is no squib,he is out there playing one of the most physically demanding sports there is,where as you are sitting behind a keyboard spanking the monkey.
I know which one out of the 2 takes courage and it’s not you

How do you know what he does for a day job, many more courageous occupations then kicking a footy around of which most australia does for fun...

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
As sh*t as we are and how boring and monotonous we are with selection and game plan etc I’m nearly more sick of the Grundy chatter every single time we lose. Never praise him in a win where he carries us but always his fault when we lose. Bloke can’t win.
Always about the size of his contract and never any talk about his worth to our team, it’s honestly soooooo repetitive, find something new to cry about. If we didn’t have Grundy we would get shat on every single week.

Reckon we would be fine with Cox in the ruck infact his actual tap work is better, around the ground and backing up at the ground ball could be covered by drafting or trading a decent midfielder in.

But in relation to tanking the season as per his initial discussion it doesn't have any bearing outside the back end of draft.

The points only increase should those picks be our original picks not traded in picks.
Yep. None of our picks in next year's draft are tied to us - they're all other clubs future picks. Finishing bottom could enable us to poach someone as a preseason draft pick. That's the only possible benefit of tanking.

slugger01

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reckon we would be fine with Cox in the ruck intact his actual tap work is better, around the ground and backing up at the ground ball could be covered by drafting or trading a decent midfielder in.
Maybe someone like that Bulldogs midfielder they got this year?? 🤪

slugger01

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tanking for increase in "points" (which is ridiculous in and of itself) only effects our nominal picks. So if we moved our 2nd and then kept a traded in 2nd its benefits another team where we rely on their (traded teams) finish position for our 2nd.
Yep. Sorry.. just finished editing my original post..

Tanking for increase in "points" (which is ridiculous in and of itself) only effects our nominal picks. So if we moved our 2nd and then kept a traded in 2nd its benefits another team where we rely on their (traded teams) finish position for our 2nd.

Wow, This sounds awesome. I bet Ned is all over it. He loves helping out our rival clubs.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reckon we would be fine with Cox in the ruck infact his actual tap work is better, around the ground and backing up at the ground ball could be covered by drafting or trading a decent midfielder in.

You realise Grundy’s strength as a ruck is the fact he can play as a midfielder right?
Cox would last 3 quarters before going down, he’s a bean pole who would let his opposition walk all over him.

Grundy is overpaid IMO but I think he is far from finished. I think he can and will come good with a new coaching group. I think he will recreate his best form.
I think he’s being coached to play in such a way that it negates his strengths. If we wanted him to not do any of the things that make him a special player, we should have traded him to Adelaide and used the cap elsewhere.

Civilest

Cancelled
May 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
A
I think he’s being coached to play in such a way that it negates his strengths. If we wanted him to not do any of the things that make him a special player, we should have traded him to Adelaide and used the cap elsewhere.
Agree a samurai sword has become a butter knife due to misuse IMO

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
You realise Grundy’s strength as a ruck is the fact he can play as a midfielder right?
Cox would last 3 quarters before going down, he’s a bean pole who would let his opposition walk all over him.

Yes I do.

My argument is a 210cm beanpole who has shown ability to win clean taps and a gun midfielder (who are much better at their games then Grundy is a mid) would cover him if not improve us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
The lack of imagination and dare is what annoys me the most, both at selection and game day. Moore could be arguably the best swing man in the game, but no, leaves him parked back.
But Moore actually is one of the best key defenders in the game.

Daics career best season on the wing, but no, Madgen goes there.
Magden did well, and Daicos playing the HHF role (ala Didak) is what we really need.

IQ needs to be played as an attacking backman, run and carry, not accountable for the oppositions best forward when Maynard usually keeps him quiet.
A good learning opportunity for IQ, I think we need to push Bruz into middle more and so IQ has the size to become a stopper who hurts on rebound.

Adam’s off injured but didn’t once see Degoey moved into the middle for some grunt. We are boring, slow, and predictable.
We put the Pig in the middle for Grunt.
We played our best in r2 when DeGoey was dangerous up forward.

With the ball being wet, it meant Cox was never going to be an aerial threat, so needed DeGoey up forward.

Plenty of our role players actually had decent games last night - WHE, Magden, Mayne, JT - they performed their roles....we were smashed in the middle AGAIN....Ward, Hopper, Taranto, Mumford they were just better than Grundy, Sidey, Pendles, Adams

We ain't going to win many games when our prime key players are beaten.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
But Moore actually is one of the best key defenders in the game.

Magden did well, and Daicos playing the HHF role (ala Didak) is what we really need.

A good learning opportunity for IQ, I think we need to push Bruz into middle more and so IQ has the size to become a stopper who hurts on rebound.

We put the Pig in the middle for Grunt.
We played our best in r2 when DeGoey was dangerous up forward.

With the ball being wet, it meant Cox was never going to be an aerial threat, so needed DeGoey up forward.

Plenty of our role players actually had decent games last night - WHE, Magden, Mayne, JT - they performed their roles....we were smashed in the middle AGAIN....Ward, Hopper, Taranto, Mumford they were just better than Grundy, Sidey, Pendles, Adams

We ain't going to win many games when our prime key players are beaten.

Moore fwd would help with kicking a actual decent score.
Also teams are slowly working out how to negate his influence in defence, if all you want from Moore is to be a presti stopper then any kpd with athletic traits can do it.

Kpp Fowards of high calibre are much harder to find and with where the game is heading returning to their original importance and value ( id argue many undersold the role over the last decade).

JC83

Senior List
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy struggles against the Bigger bodied opponents, they always hit him up with body contact, stop his jump and force him off his line. Grundy should be coached to use his athleticism to either take the ball out of the ruck (given he can’t get pinged for holding the ball), or try avoiding body contact altogether and immediately become an extra mid at ground level - to shark the opposition tap or apply pressure on an opposition mid - freeing up one of ours.

lethalburns

All Australian
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I do.

My argument is a 210cm beanpole who has shown ability to win clean taps and a gun midfielder (who are much better at their games then Grundy is a mid) would cover him if not improve us.

If you watch some of the in form rucks in the AFL right now it is their work around the ground that is making them valuable to their team. No one is talking about their tap work.

Cox was non competitive at ground level tonight. Mumford walked the ball out of the center twice without pressure leading to GWS goals.

Grundy needs to get his work rate back and put himself in more dangerous positions.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Succession plan gave us a flag.
So I’ll take another one, no problem.

It ended when MM walked out - subsequent events to his departure cannot be attributed to something that didn’t exist, because he blew it.
A good list and a good coach gave us a flag, the succession plan just stopped us from getting more.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Perhaps you're right. On the other hand, it might have given the side some badly needed confidence.

I can't honestly say I'm glad we lost to the GWS reserves :), but if it means that this result forces the club to face the reality of where we're at, so be it.

CB - do you actually think we are all stupid and not know you are purposely taking Grundys comments out of context.
Even Clarko has said winning isn’t everything.
Context is everything.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
A good list and a good coach gave us a flag, the succession plan just stopped us from getting more.

Does MM win a flag without agreeing to the succession plan ?
No - because otherwise,he would have been sacked, given the huge push for a Coaching change at the time.
The succession plan saved his job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back