Round 4 Discussion (Dedicated to Shakespeare)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're Blackers aren't you in Tragics 2?
Yeah. My VC/C failed this week, my contingent of Port first years struggled and I dumped Neale from my team just before round 1 - for Dangerfield & Oliver, but they haven't performed at their usual level. Too many mid pricers. It might be too late to save my team :'(

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Finished on 1940 with too many spud scores to mention. Ranking has now blown out to 114k :mad:

On the bright side, I don't know who Rowan Marshall is, but he saved my team this week :thumbsu:

It's a long way back from here .....but the season's only short ....IIRC the points gap between $50K and $10K is like 300 points

Just need a bumper week to get that resolve strengthened and back in the game .......just one step at a time

giphy.gif

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
It's a long way back from here .....but the season's only short ....IIRC the points gap between $50K and $10K is like 300 points

Just need a bumper week to get that resolve strengthened and back in the game .......just one step at a time

giphy.gif

What about the point gap between 66K and No.1 overall season rank?

Are you saying there’s a chance for me? :)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
What about the point gap between 66K and No.1 overall season rank?

Are you saying there’s a chance for me?:)
Yes there is .....theres 392 from my position to #1 .......so lets say there's 700 approx to you

15 matches left = 46.666666666 points to catchup per match ....that's an extra 8 points per POD player.......taking it one match at a time.....should be an easy get from where you are :p

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I captained Danger this week. If I'd captained Cripps the difference would have been 142 points.

Get 3 of those wrong a season it's a shitload more than 5 points a week.

Let's face it nailing the C or VC loophole is more luck than skill.
I agree with you on most of what you are saying. My season is gone already as I made bad calls on VC and C in both rd 1 and 2. This added to playing wrong rookies on field has put me so far behind the leaders there is no point in chasing the overall.
Similarly last year, I got hit with 6 long term injuries in first 3 rds which stuffed my season. This after finishing top 2000 the year before.
Luck is a big part of equation, but the more skilled in the game tend to increase the amount of luck they have!

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode then switched channels.
Wise choice. I almost gave it up in the first season and then endured what was a horrifically boring 2nd season in order to follow one of the character's plot lines. Then i thought season 3 was better than the 2nd but still 90% of each episode bored me so i stopped watching and will never go back to it. Its not bad but its really not 'that special.'

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Wise choice. I almost gave it up in the first season and then endured what was a horrifically boring 2nd season in order to follow one of the character's plot lines. Then i thought season 3 was better than the 2nd but still 90% of each episode bored me so i stopped watching and will never go back to it. Its not bad but its really not 'that special.'
Overrated like Stringer and Degoey even?

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
2181 has me at 4K overall slipping from 3k last week. Kept Fyfe so hopefully he returns and goes bananas. Done some quick sums, turns out if I didn’t trade Heeney to Kelly and had have traded Fyfe to Neale like I originally was planning instead of keeping the trade I’d be ranked 210 overall right now instead of 4K. It really is a logjam at the top, hoping to make up some ground this week and every other kent flops. Selfish I know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back