Round 4 Discussion (Dedicated to Shakespeare)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry I am new to this. Do any of you fine ultra faults know where I can look up the scores for Classic Billings and Big Newnes this round?

Another captain fail. Missed Cripps and Grundy. Dare say I've left 400+ points on the table from captain choice alone this year.
I’d be happy if they just scrapped captains to be honest. It just turns a lucky game in to a really lucky game.

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
I’d be happy if they just scrapped captains to be honest. It just turns a lucky game in to a really lucky game.

Dead set stupidity from me. I was cruising in my league bringing Grundy in, then Kelly and Dahl happened. Threw a hail mary and went Sloane captain to differentiate against Cripps. o_O

Would have lost by 22 anyway, but just stuffed my round.

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel

much like poker, luck may override skill in the short term, but skill will win out in the long term.

There's 23 Captaincy choices this year, don't hang your head on one.

C62BF4DD-F246-4DD5-BFE1-7DC2D0DE268D.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

much like poker, luck may override skill in the short term, but skill will win out in the long term.

There's 23 Captaincy choices this year, don't hang your head on one.
Yeah. Nah. Have a look at the rankings and see how much difference 100 points makes. A bad captains choice is effectively the same as playing a donut. Hard to claw those points back.

I just think captains compromise the system. Absolute lottery.

Not sure about that this week Uncle. Are you telling me every fault under the sun wasn't saying Grundy VC and big Neale/Cripps C weren't the obvious options?
Missing my point entirely. I’m not talking about this week, I’m talking about in general, every week. Have never been a fan of it. Just judge people on their teams, not their ability to fluke when Macrae scores 180 as opposed to a week where he scores 110. No skill in that.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Yeah. Nah. Have a look at the rankings and see how much difference 100 points makes. A bad captains choice is effectively the same as playing a donut. Hard to claw those points back.

I just think captains compromise the system. Absolute lottery.

Missing my point entirely. I’m not talking about this week, I’m talking about in general, every week. Have never been a fan of it. Just judge people on their teams, not their ability to fluke when Macrae scores 180 as opposed to a week where he scores 110. No skill in that.
You captain Danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back