NRL Round 4 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Round 4 already. If you're following my tips, don't.

Tomorrow night the Roosters host the Broncos. The Roosters should win in front of not many people.

Friday night at 6pm surely the Warriors can beat the Titans and at 8.05pm Penrith host the Tigers. Hard one to pick, but you'd think the Panthers would be good value at home.

Super Saturday starts off with last weeks hot side Manly playing Siuths. Should be a great game and I think Manly will upset the Rabbits. Game 2 and its the Cowboys v Raiders. Real toss of the coin this one. Good luck. Finally Parra play Cronulla and the Sharks will win this.

On Sunday Melbourne get FTA coverage when they play the Bulldogs. Will be going to this game and will be looking forward to see how good Melbourne are and how the Dogs back up from their great win over the Tigers.

Should be a great round of footy. Enjoy.

I watched the first half of the Warriors game in the afternoon before setting off for the journey to Castleford, where I saw my team transform a 20-0 lead into a 38-28 defeat. After what seemed a long coach trip home, I resumed with the Warriors, and when it went from 20-0 to 20-10, I thought, surely, not twice in one night! :p But the Warriors are made of sterner stuff, and wow, I could watch that RTS try over and over again. What a player he is! And that try-saving tackle too! Please Santa, can I have him for Christmas?

I watched the first half of the Warriors game in the afternoon before setting off for the journey to Castleford, where I saw my team transform a 20-0 lead into a 38-28 defeat. After what seemed a long coach trip home, I resumed with the Warriors, and when it went from 20-0 to 20-10, I thought, surely, not twice in one night! :p But the Warriors are made of sterner stuff, and wow, I could watch that RTS try over and over again. What a player he is! And that try-saving tackle too! Please Santa, can I have him for Christmas?
Yeah that try was awesome. I could watch that sidestep all day totally wrongfooted the defender.

Damn right. well I just watched the Panthers game, and for all that they billed it as the big event of the day, the Warriors showed far and away the best performance of the day. But that was a pretty low bar. For the Panthers, it was a case of a lucky win papering over the cracks, and the Tigers must be very disappointed, having been the better of two poor sides, but both with plenty of talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddamn... these bloody Raiders. We've got this amazing forward pack and we make so much territory with quick play the balls, giving it to the forwards, and running it up the middle - yet we insist on giving it to the outside backs to play money ball. Don't get me wrong, Leipana are amazing to watch, and Cotric is an Origin wing in waiting, but as a fan the Raiders are much more difficult to watch than we need to be!

Having watched every minute of the first 4 matches - for our great forward pack (the back row has been particularly excellent), our athletic outside backs, Wighton playing better than I thought he could as five-eighth, and Williams taking the number 7 jersey IMO... this team is 100% reliant on Hodgson. We go as he goes this season, if he goes down again we're ****ed.

Goddamn... these bloody Raiders. We've got this amazing forward pack and we make so much territory with quick play the balls, giving it to the forwards, and running it up the middle - yet we insist on giving it to the outside backs to play money ball. Don't get me wrong, Leipana are amazing to watch, and Cotric is an Origin wing in waiting, but as a fan the Raiders are much more difficult to watch than we need to be!

Having watched every minute of the first 4 matches - for our great forward pack (the back row has been particularly excellent), our athletic outside backs, Wighton playing better than I thought he could as five-eighth, and Williams taking the number 7 jersey IMO... this team is 100% reliant on Hodgson. We go as he goes this season, if he goes down again we're ******.

I think you're right about Hodgson. Although he seems to be much less highly thought of by many English fans, but I put that down to him being less successful for England under Bennett's systems than he is for Canberra. And every week I watch Bateman and think how much we miss him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back