Unofficial Preview Round 4 Early Thoughts: Western Bulldogs v Sydney Swans @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate there's nothing wrong with criticising Gary for his performances. So long as it's not personal and the criticism is reasonable. Sharing your opinion on one of our 22 players each week does not equate to not sympathising with Rohan and his family and wishing them all the best.
But the problem is that most of those posters were criticizing the fact that he was playing because of the personal stuff. Don’t be so one dimensional and come to a single conclusion!

Whenever Stevic officiates our games we start the game 3 goals down. Have said this many times before over the years with my involvement in footy. Some umpire are just plain inept but some are just plain and simple ******* Cheats.

Stevic is an out and out cheat make no mistake.
I've always thought Stevic one of the better umpires in the game and am always happy to have him officiate us except when playing Hawthorn, he seems to favour them no matter who they are playing. My theory is that he grew up a Hawthorn fan so he sees every 50/50 situation in Hawthorns favour, much like I think I'd be with the Swans if I were an umpire.

I'm I the only cynical bastard who doesn't for a second believe this doggies fan has actually attended 1000 consecutive games?

I just doesn't seem possible.

has towers gone to a new level? this thought entered my brain this morning but i am not sure it belongs there and i like towers.
Haha, and yes I think so. I am finding it increasingly hard to criticise him nowadays. His 2nd ruck role may be what's doing it, he has a critical role and seems to be growing into it.

I'm I the only cynical bastard who doesn't for a second believe this doggies fan has actually attended 1000 consecutive games?

I just doesn't seem possible.

It would have to take about 43 years and alot of money.

Get a grip! This is just not going to happen, and saying so just shows you have no idea. All grief counselling advocates getting up and going on asap after the event. He will be back to face the Crows at home.
Two weeks after the loss of a family member was about where I could function, however my job and intense football at its highest level in front of fans baying for blood in front of a national tv audience probably a different scenario altogether. No one would begrudge him if he came back in two weeks and spent half the match shattered on the bench.

Get a grip! This is just not going to happen, and saying so just shows you have no idea. All grief counselling advocates getting up and going on asap after the event. He will be back to face the Crows at home.
There is no real rule book about grief and grieving. His wife will need a lot of support as well and really, football is not in the same sphere as this situation. He needs to do whatever it is he needs to do at the moment. If it helps him and the family to get back into footy asap, great but if not, he needs the support of everyone to allow him to do that.

Stoked I get to see AA live again, a second excitement machine to go with Buddy. Happy to see him make a few mistakes if he's taking the game on, the Dogs are unlikely to hurt us too much on the rebound (touch wood).

Was hoping too see more fawning about his inclusion on here (after the endless complaints about him not being selected) but you get that.

I can see the smaller forward line working if Buddy plays up the ground again - we always seem to lower our eyes at Etihad more for some reason.

I've had a knock on AA about his defence but I hope he absolutely tears it up against the Doggies. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him turn into a regular quality player for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always thought Stevic one of the better umpires in the game and am always happy to have him officiate us except when playing Hawthorn, he seems to favour them no matter who they are playing. My theory is that he grew up a Hawthorn fan so he sees every 50/50 situation in Hawthorns favour, much like I think I'd be with the Swans if I were an umpire.

And That is called cheating. Understand fully what you are saying but if he is favouring one side over the other then there is no other explanation regardless be it the Swans or any other team. Worst part about it is you can't say the AFL 'would not have noticed it.

And That is called cheating. Understand fully what you are saying but if he is favouring one side over the other then there is no other explanation regardless be it the Swans or any other team. Worst part about it is you can't say the AFL 'would not have noticed it.
Totally agree, he should never, under any circumstance be given a Hawthorn game because it is so obvious.

Stoked I get to see AA live again, a second excitement machine to go with Buddy. Happy to see him make a few mistakes if he's taking the game on, the Dogs are unlikely to hurt us too much on the rebound (touch wood).

Was hoping too see more fawning about his inclusion on here (after the endless complaints about him not being selected) but you get that.

I can see the smaller forward line working if Buddy plays up the ground again - we always seem to lower our eyes at Etihad more for some reason.

I can only speak for myself but there’s trepidation from my perspective with Aliir playing. Whether we want to admit it or not, last year he really was made the scapegoat during 0-6, and it was kind of telling. If our seasoned defenders in Grundy and Rampe are to be off their game yet again, it will be Aliir who is dropped even if he was better than them.

Also you just know that when he makes mistakes, which are inevitable just 16 games into his career, the chorus of NEAFL watchers will arrive, complaining that he’s not ready, and that he’s not the defender we need him to be and blah blah blah.

I can only speak for myself but there’s trepidation from my perspective with Aliir playing. Whether we want to admit it or not, last year he really was made the scapegoat during 0-6, and it was kind of telling. If our seasoned defenders in Grundy and Rampe are to be off their game yet again, it will be Aliir who is dropped even if he was better than them.

Also you just know that when he makes mistakes, which are inevitable just 16 games into his career, the chorus of NEAFL watchers will arrive, complaining that he’s not ready, and that he’s not the defender we need him to be and blah blah blah.
Aliir wasn’t the scapegoat for 0-6 start.
He came back after an interrupted preseason and was lacking form.
Failed to turn up to training session and was penalised by the club.
When fit Melican was playing too well to be dropped.
Melican is now injured and Aliir gets his chance.

Sooooo, do you want him to play or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back