Review Round 4 - Geelong Cats v GWS Giants, Saturday 13 April 2019 @ GMHBA Stadium at 1.45 pm

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
What a win, so happy for the guys although it is tinged with sadness with Wards injury but I feel the group will take a lot from the win.
Not sure exactly what made the win but just around the contest they dominated and I feel the Cats just couldnt match up with the power and speed in the midfield
So nervous throughout the game and a few moments that went the Giants way and not the way of the Cats made all the difference and I can see the media write ups and reviews on the Giants now:p

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Blues fan here (duh) firstly congrats on beating the Handbaggers on their own turf, impressive, most impressive, secondly a shout out and hopeful love in for Nick Haynes, think he has bee underrated by the footy community and media for a long time, he was my BOG today, (right now should be in the AA team) I am also gutted for Caltex, Ward is made of stern stuff and will be back.

Best of luck for the rest of the season :)

Gulliver72

Debutant
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Wow
Great win
Saw your lads in the Virgin Lounge yesterday and they were so nice to my boys!
20+ less rotations and you won every important stat
Very impressive
Anyone heard anything more about Ward , Seedsman turned out to be not too bad in a similar situation

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Yeehah!! A great hard fought win.

Gutted for Ward though. Was tough to watch him on the bench with Cogs when the realisation sunk in. Have to give credit to the cats fans for showing the respect and clapping him off the ground (unlike another unnamed group of ferals who carried on like chooks when he got injured previously).

The boys look as close knit as ever now, bring on round 5.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I agree. Haynes is such a calm cool and collected character

Hope he gets AA this year
Blues fan here (duh) firstly congrats on beating the Handbaggers on their own turf, impressive, most impressive, secondly a shout out and hopeful love in for Nick Haynes, think he has bee underrated by the footy community and media for a long time, he was my BOG today, (right now should be in the AA team) I am also gutted for Caltex, Ward is made of stern stuff and will be back.

Best of luck for the rest of the season :)

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone heard anything more about Ward , Seedsman turned out to be not too bad in a similar situation

He was interviewed after the game and although he did say it was too early for the tests to confirm he says it feels like and the medicos are saying it is likely

Back