Autopsy Round 4 = GWS 66-64 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sier didn’t have limitations he’d be in the senior side ahead of Wills because he’s certainly got better skills. His limitations seem to be mainly between the ears but they’re no less limitations.

Form is temporary talents is permanent - inconsistentency and motivation is a problem for many young players. It's seem he's playing well in scratch matches so we can only hope his head space has improved.

I’m not that fussed about the inclusion of Cox. Think he currently offers more than Cameron. Clunked 1 f50 contested mark and converted. His marking contests also enabled (at least) 1 of Checkers goals from a front and Centre crump, and he was involved in at least 1 of the Phillips snaps, and his tap set up the Daicos tackle and goal. Add that his ruckwork was generally pretty good although he could have done more in that uncontested back pocket ruck contest that ultimately led to a goal to them. He played his role

I think we beg to differ. Eventhough l think the conditions didn't suit Cox, some of his contested marking attempts were very poor, and was easily outmarked numerous times, even by smaller opposition. He definitely looked short of a run, so didn't really see the point of his inclusion. We held back Treloar to give him another run in the scratch match, Cox should have been in the same boat.

Why not there was an entire season in between as further evidence for you to gleam off... 2018 2019 and 2020 has all much of the same - sameness.
Do you mean being in contention? I much prefer that to the previous 4 seasons.

Well if Gary Lyon said it then that changes everything.

Yeah other then size and clean hands in close I don't think the comparison is that apt.

I actually think Sier (if he can get consistency and want) offers a bit more athleticism and drive with the ball/pace.
But obviously Kennedy has his pluses like hardness at the contest, bollocking ability in packs, consistency and willpower to back up time and again contest after contest, which made him a champion and areas that Sier lacks.

So your happy to just be there abouts? Shouldn't we look to improve to take the next step?

I believe it was our own coach who said: "If your not moving forwards, you are going backwards in the AFL".
I’ll give this season a bit longer before I give it up.

We were definitely outworked. Just about every close shot of the play showed GWS getting to those contests in numbers well before us. Tackles a case in point. You only get to do that if you’re 2nd to the footy. They were also a lot cleaner in their ball handling and more disciplined in their structures.

How could we have been second to the ball when we won contested possession. So by your own definition ie being first to the ball we didn’t lack effort.
Agree they were cleaner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team full of guys who can't kick a goal from 35m out.
F***n frustrating.
It's so frustrating to watch us dominate, keep the ball locked inside our attacking 50 for 15min and the ball rebounds once down the other end where an opposition forward has ONE crack and nails it from 55m.

We have desperately needed a quality KPF for years. I would forgo Grundy to secure someone like Cameron

It's not about giving up but looking to move the pieces in place to try address our weakness's.

Pretending they don't exist is equally as bad as the sky is falling in.
We had a poor game. Hopefully we play better next week.

I don’t know if anyone noticed,but when Briwn took that mark,he was looking around desperately for someone to kick it to,He was only about thirty metres out and he had no confidence in his own ability to kick the goal.That says aa lot about the mind set of a lot of our players.
Not really. Just one.

I cant see how we can keep persisting with Cox
1 mark late in the game....
Seriously it did upset our mix last night.
He makes us worse not better.

His ruck work was also disgraceful at the centre bounces. He looks scared. He has no physicality and the effort at ground level in the first term was pure lazy.
Ruckman are overated. GWS have a guy out of retirement, on one leg and yet we have lost twice now with supposedly the best Ruckman in the comp. Mummy (like other oppositions) just stay down all night as an extra player. It is becoming a trend by other coaches to strategically conceed the tap work. Maybe when Grundy's on the bench we just go without a legitimate ruckman and load up with bigbodied midfielders.

Here's a link to Siers highlights - note at 10.38 Gary Lyon says he could the next Josh Kennedy of the Swans.

That Sier highlights video is great viewing - thanks for posting it. He really adds something special to our midfield. His speed over first 5-10m, elite vision and clean hands plus penetrating kicking are all much in need. His upside is so much greater than Wills, C.Brown, Phillips and several others. BRING IN THE BEAR!!! (And leave him in.)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here's a link to Siers highlights - note at 10.38 Gary Lyon says he could the next Josh Kennedy of the Swans.

No question about Sier's potential and that his ceiling is far higher than Wills, but just right now I don't see such a massive gap between the two that posters on here are saying exists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back