Autopsy Round 4 - GWS Giants v Collingwood, Friday 26th June 2020 @ Giants Stadium, 7.50 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done boys. Had to fight hard against a very good team that the commentators have been gushing over, down two key players, and just like last year's PF held on for an age at the end.

Some good performances, Tom Green had a fantastic game, Toby was a star, Zac was great until he got injured. So proud of the boys tonight, and well done to the fans at the ground.

Gods, Daniels has been good in this game. You can definitely see why he kept his spot over Langdon - that contested ability in the middle in our second midfield rotation is a killer.
Those 2 aren't in the same league. Langdon is an honest player. Daniels is a classy player. My view future A grader..
Tom Green was terrific in the end. He made a couple errors early, but put it behind him. Terrific performance.
Toby was the difference.

Those 2 aren't in the same league. Langdon is an honest player. Daniels is a classy player. My view future A grader..
Tom Green was terrific in the end. He made a couple errors early, but put it behind him. Terrific performance.
Toby was the difference.

I remember thinking that when Daniels missed his first year it's hard to believe Langdon wasn't better and that it's be a struggle for Daniels to cement his spot. Oops.

Congrats on the win, won against the odds and against the umpiring momentum. Well deserved.

So honestly I'd heard about the umpires' bias against Toby Greene but never really paid attention to it until tonight. It was not even subtle.
Has it always been this bad, and has it been 'officially' mentioned or questioned? Because wow, like him or not you don't want to be seeing that.
The hard part is, bringing attention to it can just make things worse. Umpires shouldn't be looking at the 'who' but calling attention to it can just increase that bias. Tricky one.

Anyway, well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the win, won against the odds and against the umpiring momentum. Well deserved.

So honestly I'd heard about the umpires' bias against Toby Greene but never really paid attention to it until tonight. It was not even subtle.
Has it always been this bad, and has it been 'officially' mentioned or questioned? Because wow, like him or not you don't want to be seeing that.
The hard part is, bringing attention to it can just make things worse. Umpires shouldn't be looking at the 'who' but calling attention to it can just increase that bias. Tricky one.

Anyway, well done.
Thanks.
It certainly feels like Toby cops it badly every week.
We do badly with umpiring in general, I think our smaller fan base is part of it.
The stats show we have the worse differential in the comp. There was also the other one where this studied all calls given and not given, and classed them correct, incorrect and 50/50. We finished long last on that as well.
It will turn around with time, I think the Toby thing is on the way around, people are starting to comment that he is getting hard done by, sub conciously it will start swinging back his way ( well I hope)
Happy to grab the points tonight

Just me or did cogs spend significantly less time in the guys last night? Maybe a reprimand for poor ball use out of there?

Watching the replay. Gee Shaw was brilliant last night. Lead rebound 50’s for the night and shut Stephenson out of the game after he got off the chain early

still got it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back