Game Day Round 4 Hawthorn vs Melbourne @ MCG 3:20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks have scored consistently all game in wet weather footy. Our defence is broken and I seriously think we will miss the 8 again unless something changes. We give up far too many goals from little pressure.
You don’t honestly legitimately think this team can play finals??? I’m telling you Saints and Blues will beat us. Bottom 6 side.

Excited for our up and coming top tier draft picks we... oh don't have any? Ah *.

Hawks have scored consistently all game in wet weather footy. Our defence is broken and I seriously think we will miss the 8 again unless something changes. We give up far too many goals from little pressure.
You don’t honestly legitimately think this team can play finals??? I’m telling you Saints and Blues will beat us. Bottom 6 side.

The competition is as weak as its ever been this year. There are going to be at least a couple of teams that will trip, stumble, bumble and fall face-first into the eight.

Another tactic I don't ******* understand. Why do we start with numbers behind the ******* ball at stoppages when we built a team to win them.
We kick forward from stoppages to outnumbered ******* contests. It's part of the reason we dominate I 50's but still lose games.
One of many tactically horrible moves he makes. He needs to go now, i know he's only a year and 4 games into a 3 year contract but if he sees out the 3 years we're gonna be right back where we were pre Roos. This is appalling to be this bad with this much talent.

The move for Lever could be one of the big mistakes of the last 20 years for us. That's how bad it's looking right now

I wouldn't go that far. He'll settle down and should be a serviceable player, but we were reamed at the trade table. I recall a popular line at the time being that it was worth it for a 21 year old elite intercept defender...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin has been shown to be a pretender today. Some of these stats are ******* damning. Winning inside 50s, fourth for total quarters won yet losing as many as we are winning.
We’ve given crazy Goody a Ferrari and he’s driving it over gutters.
That team is not a ******* Ferrari, it is virtually the same team as last year and not much different to the ******* year before that.Most of the team [players] are ******* duds.

One of many tactically horrible moves he makes. He needs to go now, i know he's only a year and 4 games into a 3 year contract but if he sees out the 3 years we're gonna be right back where we were pre Roos. This is appalling to be this bad with this much talent.
Wasn't he signed to a 3 year contract, including the first year when he was Assistant to Roos? Therefore, he's actually out of contract at the end of the year?

Until today, I've found any suggestion that he could go soon to be way over the top, but I'm struggling to find any reason that he's worth persisting with after this season. The massive, glaring issues in game plan and selection that we endured last year just haven't been addressed, and you could argue are getting worse.

If this is all supposed to be "a part of the journey" he may be lynched.

Goodwin is rolling with a game plan that is more suited to Etihad than the MCG. and throw in less than perfect conditions and we turn to utter crap. Goodwin needs a new playbook.

Wasn't he signed to a 3 year contract, including the first year when he was Assistant to Roos? Therefore, he's actually out of contract at the end of the year?

Until today, I've found any suggestion that he could go soon to be way over the top, but I'm struggling to find any reason that he's worth persisting with after this season. The massive, glaring issues in game plan and selection that we endured last year just haven't been addressed, and you could argue are getting worse.

Five years including two under Roos

Gee i hope you're right re his contract. We've definitely regressed. Today was up there with the Collingwood game, it's a worse performance though with less on the line. If you look at everything from his matchups, team selection, overall strategy and player mamagement he gets a very low score in each. He had to go 100%, i rly hope we don't waste too many years making the decision which becomes more obvious each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back