Remove this Banner Ad

SA dominated that quarter.
Rankine with another 2.

Lukosius started on the wing and didn't look lost

Hayden Sampson with a big 10 minute period too

2014 - Heeney top 3 talent
2015 - Mills top 3 talent
2018 - Blakey top 3 talent

That is three potentially top 3 ranked players in five years, such bs.

Without going into the calculations if Blakey is bid on with pick 3 (with the draft order remaining the same); Sydney will lose all their picks this year and their first next year will be pushed back.

It'll be a high price to pay as opposed to Fogarty or Wingard sliding for go home factors or Schache asking for a trade home for a second rounder, 2 years after being pick 2.

**** me afl live pass how hard is it to make something so simple work. Maybe I’ll figure out how to get the 2 week trial, or why it worked for 2 mins before stopping , or why it won’t let me mirror it to my tv. More likely I’ll lose patience and you’ll lose a potential customer you twats. How havent they figured this s**t out in 2018?

Mine just crashes. Load of poo!

For the more astute followers. Who of the Allies squad is not tied to an academy or northern club? Feels like every one of them is.

Only the Tasmanian's & NT kids.

It's not possible to play rep football in NSW or QLD and not be in a academy.

Only the Tasmanian's & NT kids.

Himmelberg got drafted to the Crows and while technically in our academy we didn't have any right to bid for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riverina?

We couldn't get priority access to Ben Davis in 2016 as he was overage and didn't apply for the 2015 draft.

Let's stick to the game in here. Nobody wants to read another history of the Academy system.

Good win for SA, outside of that second quarter. Izak Rankine is a star. Some things don't need to be overthought.

Let's stick to the game in here. Nobody wants to read another history of the Academy system.

Good win for SA, outside of that second quarter. Izak Rankine is a star. Some things don't need to be overthought.
Do you see Rankine as a player who could play significant time as a mid in the AFL or is he more a permanent small in the mould of a Cyril Rioli or Eddie Betts. Is endurance a problem for him?

I heard a few recruiters rate him close to the best talent in the draft, so it is not completely out of the question he is close to top 3 talent.

That is possible but his championship so far has been pretty good without setting the world on fire. Don't get me wrong, I want him to be top 3, but I also remember how much Boyd and Schache dominated the Under 18 championships and then came into the AFL and were poor full time forwards.

Drafted to anyone other than Adelaide or Port Adelaide and Rankine is going to be requesting a trade back to SA within a year.
I hate this, if reports are correct and Rankine is making it known that he wants to stay in SA something needs to be done about it. eg. If 3 or more heads of recruitment at clubs let the integrity arm of the AFL know of this sort of thing happening said player is excluded from the draft until the following year.

In saying that if we rank him as the highest rated at our first selection this year I would like to see us back our system in and take him, similar things were said about Cam Rayner last season.

Do you see Rankine as a player who could play significant time as a mid in the AFL or is he more a permanent small in the mould of a Cyril Rioli or Eddie Betts. Is endurance a problem for him?

Very different player to Betts. I see Rankine as a half forward/midfielder, not a small forward as such. He's probably what people wished Cyril would have developed into. Endurance isn't really an issue, not any more than most U18 players.

Very different player to Betts. I see Rankine as a half forward/midfielder, not a small forward as such. He's probably what people wished Cyril would have developed into. Endurance isn't really an issue, not any more than most U18 players.

Meaning what?....The number one player in the league?...As opposed to the best pressure forward in the comp?

Cyril has never had the tank nor the hamstrings for a consistent midfield role....Though he does have a Normie & 4 Premiership medallions to his name....If Rankine can achieve half of that, then he'll be doing well.

Cameron from Brisbane would be more the better comparison for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back