Game Day Round 4 St Kilda vs West Coast - Sat @2:35

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Saints vs West coast Eagles

Where: Skynet Pty Ltd Trading as Disney Global Conglomerate’s Marvel Stadium

When: Saturday 10 April 2021 16:35 AEST

Head to Head: West Coast - 31 St Kilda - 18

Recent matches: West Coast has won 4 out of the last 5 encounters against St Kilda

Flags: West Coast - 4 St Kilda - 1 (Bush league in black and white)

Spoons: West Coast - 1 St Kilda - 27 (LoL)

Noise of Affirmations: West Coast - 55K St Kilda – 13027

Moral Victories: West Coast – (-) 221 St Kilda – Infinity​

Podcast:

Ahhh St Kilda. What can you say about this club? Only do they come up in conversation when either discussing insolvent AFL clubs and teams Ross Lyon has driven into the ground. Such is level of masochism required to follow this club Saints members were laughing when mask wearing was made mandatory in Victoria due to the zip mouth leather versions they received in their membership packs now able to be worn in public. Jokes aside, they looked to be making serious in roads last year with Ratten at the helm, but have sadly fallen off the pace a bit so far this season after being cruelled by injuries. Though currently sitting 16th on the ladder, they should not be taken lightly and as history has shown, you only need to be 5% off your game and you can get rolled.

The Milestone:

This match will bring up the 200th AFL game for Brad Sheppard, criminally under-rated outside of West Coast but a beloved fan favourite for those who actually watch football. Congratulations to the great man and hopefully we can get him that flag he so richly deserves

View attachment 1097833

(image taken from THE A5 spank bank)

Key match-ups:

Naitanui vs The Kitchen Sink:

View attachment 1097835

Saints will need to throw everything they’ve got to curb NN on Saturday. Currently in unprecedented form let’s hope he can keep up the rampaging efforts against the entire Saints midfield.

Darling & Kennedy vs Carlysle & Howard

LoL really?

Barrass vs King

View attachment 1097828

Tommy has started the year in ripping form, and considering the off-season he had personally it’s great to see him up and about and playing great footy. He’ll be matched up on one of the most promising young KPF’s in the league in King and will have his work cut out for him. If it’s anything like the GC match-up it should be a quality duel.

Tim Membrey vs Tony Galati

View attachment 1097836

Despite Tony’s best efforts Membrey still manages to evade his harvesting attempts to be used as a promotional item for “World’s Largest Potato” at the Innaloo Spud Shed. Will likely still kick a couple of goals against us whilst fleeing from Tony’s abominable eyebrows.

Possible debut: Isiah Winder

View attachment 1097837

Look, I’m not just saying this coz I’m his sponsor, but from the 3 minutes of draft highlights I’ve watched he looks like a hybrid of Chris Judd and Dustin Martin, but better. Kicked 5 goals in the WAFL last weekend and has been rewarded with a trip east to see how lucky he was not to get drafted by a Victorian club.

Verdict: All things going to plan, the Eagles should walk away from this with a respectable 4 goal win. Though not a certainty Saints are out of form and suffering many injuries and we should do the job and bank the 4 points. Regardless of the outcome I will be booing so loud from my loungeroom here in Perth that the pillars of Marvel will shake resulting in at least 8-9 free for.

West Coast by 26 points.
I lost it at "Tony Galati vs Membrey" - absolutely brilliant!

They've turned a corner with their rebuild, but their KPF stocks are still s**t. King will be great, but will need a few more years before he hits his prime.

Anybody on here knows if Marshall is really any chance to curtail NN? From what I recall he wasn't able to do much against him last year

....and in this week’s edition of ‘Creative Writing for Seniors’...

“Leaden skies, a little drizzle, bit of a chill factor on the breeze conspiring for a temperature of around 16 degrees.

Yes, if the players needed a reminder, this was affirmation they were back in Melbourne.”

😅

....and in this week’s edition of ‘Creative Writing for Seniors’...

“Leaden skies, a little drizzle, bit of a chill factor on the breeze conspiring for a temperature of around 16 degrees.

Yes, if the players needed a reminder, this was affirmation they were back in Melbourne.”

😅
They’re like big kids and he’s the ring leader. They are all grinning. They are doing what they do and they’re having fun. Their love of the game is clearly evident.

With the 60-minute hit out complete, they kick off their boots, put on their runners, grab back packs and return to the bus. It’s now time to resume their usual pre-game practices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big fan of Waterman but do worry this makes us a little tall but happy to be proven wrong

Waterman for Shuey is interesting. Can only assume Brander plays 100 per cent midfield

Can't wait to see to see him full of confidence and with a good head of steam. Might just be the answer to our midfield prayers.

I almost forgot Gresham was out for the Saints too. If we can't beat a midfield of Brad Crouch, Brad Hill and Zak Jones we don't deserve s**t

Big fan of Waterman but do worry this makes us a little tall but happy to be proven wrong
Both Waterman and Brander can play wing. I'd expect Duggan to spend more time at Half back or on ball or Brander to spend more time on ball (or both).

So the choices are Winder gets a fake debut or Nathan Vardy is our injury sub? :drunk: What kind of bizarro world is this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back