Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
50 pt turn around in a quarter is absolutely extraordinary- given the capitulation involved, this is genuinely one of the worst losses in west coast history. Could have actually been much worse, St Kilda struggled to get reward for effort in front of goal.

People saying its just one week need to actually look at the stats for the last 40 minutes of the game- that will probably be the worst loss any team has this year.

It's easy to foam at the mouth and assume its all about endeavour, but the real alarming and sobering fact from is just this- outside of Shuey and Yeo, our midfield is trash.

Even with a dominant ruckman, even with a good defence behind them, even with in extremely prolific forward line in front of them, they got absolutely murdered out of the centre. There are some guys in there who have spent most of their careers coasting off our quality bookends and rucks, but what do they actually do? Watching experienced, match hardened players like Gaff and Redden coast around having zero impact on clearances, zero defensive impact, zero quality attacking play and they just look like total frauds.

Last edited:

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo has done all he can with this group. Someone needs to call it. Either he goes or a host of senior players that have dished up the same sh*t since 2011 can go. Take out the 3 games of the 2018 finals series, and it’s Groundhog Day
Gaff and Redden can gagf for starters, Sheed, Cripps, Duggan and Darling should be dropped once in a while.

maxamus

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2007
vic
AFL Club
West Coast
Its funny how overrated people have in this club atm I mean premiership contenders because of last weeks game. I’m sure I’m not the only one that had us in the bottom eight at the end of this year.

Its funny how overrated people have in this club atm I mean premiership contenders because of last weeks game. I’m sure I’m not the only one that had us in the bottom eight at the end of this year.
Bottom 8? Wow

Bottom half of the top 8 I can agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Been too many years now where one way running midfielders have been able to get away with it. Zak Jones was scragging Kelly at every stoppage in the last quarter and realistically none of our other midfielders are damaging enough to win a ball themselves and make a difference so it killed us. Got outplayed by lower tier midfielders because they ran, tackled, and tried to win the ball at every opportunity.

Dom Sheed is decent footballer but tonight's game was simply not good enough, far too weak over the ball and refused to chase on multiple occasions. I don't care if we have to play Trew and he loses steam at quarter time, set an example, you don't want to chase & tackle Dom? go back to the WAFL for a week and let us know when you do.

Nice little pat on the back from the AFL for a few well timed umpiring decisions leading to goals but that's the game these days and a far problem vs lack of desire to win the ball in that second half.

Every WC coaches, players, and MC should apologise to Shep 200th for a bloddy disgraceful and diabolical display today.
Now this I can get behind.

Poor bloke deserved a shitload better than that

maxamus

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2007
vic
AFL Club
West Coast
Bottom 8? Wow

Bottom half of the top 8 I can agree with.
So what about this team makes you think we will make the finals?. I feel there’s teams from the bottom eight last year that are going to replace us this year.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Cripps and Gaff for way too long have had no pressure. Cripps brain fade cost us the Dogs game. Gaff never steps up when we need him. Supposedly an elite mid (paid like one)

There's a reason our midfield played the best it ever had when Gaff wasn't there

Cripps is very inconsistent a genuime downhill skier , just last week he kicked one of the best goals I`ve seen ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back