triplegee

All Australian
May 13, 2003
Bangkok, Thailand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool; Perth Wildcats
Disgraceful capitulation but it's not the end of the world. Way too early in the season to read too much into it.

Cole should be dropped before Nelson - his decision making continue to be below what's required at this level. Can't blame Nelson for getting caught unware for the mark that wasn't paid, the umpires had been paying short kicks as marks throughout the first half.

We will still be right amongst it come September.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Perhaps next time when when an inside midfielder is omitted from the team through injury, the club will actually pick a player to replace them rather than selecting another underdone KPP.

If O'Neill plays rather than Waterman and Trew substitutes rather than Winder, we win this match - even with Hurn's injury.

A downright baffling team selection that was incapable of running out the game and is entirely responsible for what is now a very bad loss.

That's twice in three weeks now that the team has been chased down from a winning position.

To say we need to add more run is an understatement. I'm absolutely livid with this result.

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah it was all our fault and St. Kilda deserve no credit at all for the result of the game.
That was one of the biggest momentum shifts I've ever seen which is a credit to Saints obviously but the eagles did roll over big time.

The lack of an effective plan B by Simmo to halt the shift was frustrating. The life would've been sucked out of commentary team if it went the eagles way.

not based on today’s game just my thoughts before the season started, hope I’m wrong. Time will tell.
Would I’ve been a brave man to post these thoughts last week

But easy as when we’ve lost a game we should’ve won.

Enjoy your evening

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Bottom 8? Wow

Bottom half of the top 8 I can agree with.

Even before the loss of Shuey I had us 6-12th. Now we are without Hurn and Shuey as well likely for the next 3-4 weeks.

Blame simpson or the match committee I don't care but Waterman being selected is the worst selection decision for any game since mitch brown to the forward pocket.

We played 9 talls, 4 of which with very little experience, missing our two best mids and our premiership captain. Subiaco at their peak would have run over the top of us in that second half let alone an AFL side with run actually wanting to win.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Thanks David King. Flag favourites my arse.

-17 Inside 50's (A pathetic 36 for the match)
-15 Clearances
-23 Contested poss.
-9 Contested marks
-16 tackles
-12 tackles Inside 50 o_O

What's really frustrating is that we've thrown away 2 games under the Marvel roof, the sort of conditions in which we normally excel. From this point onwards it's all outdoors.

maxamus

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2007
vic
AFL Club
West Coast
Would I’ve been a brave man to post these thoughts last week

But easy as when we’ve lost a game we should’ve won.

Enjoy your evening
well mate I’ve posted today with still 18 odd rounds to go so you can’t say I’m leaving it till the last round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maxamus

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2007
vic
AFL Club
West Coast
After a loss

Bravo.
Ok ur right mate, next time I’ll post my thoughts on a forum after a win if that’s how the rules go. What’s it matter if it’s a win or loss as everyone is saying we’re 2-2 I don’t see that im jumping off when the writing is on the wall late in the season. Forgot I can’t have a opinion these days.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What's really frustrating is that we've thrown away 2 games under the Marvel roof, the sort of conditions in which we normally excel. From this point onwards it's all outdoors.

The Dogs game was somewhat forgivable - they will be up and about at the pointy end of the year and we werent embarrassed.

This however, this is a huge f*cking red flag that something is seriously wrong. We gave up a 6 goal lead halfway through the 3rd and lost by 20 points because Ratts of all coaches had the brilliant brainwave of "hey what if I just, like, dont let the West Coast mids have uncontested possessions?". And it worked!

The SS West Coast has officially struck the iceberg and is going down with all hands. Bottom 8 clubs are now chasing down game-winning leads by applying pressure to the midfield and forcing us into a contested game, and it works. The window has shut and we need to rejig the gameplan before we can make another run at it.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Haven’t seen the presser yet but how many times did Simmo mention “the collective” and his other glib platitudes and coaching cliches that he rolls out after inept performances like today?

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
We are desperate for some inside mids. Sheed is only an outside reciever, Reddon is just a body to man someone up, Duggan got sent back to the backline. Need some hardness inside to help out Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back