Unofficial Preview Round 4 Swans vs Owen (Dees) Thursday Night SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McVeigh and Hayward out means probably O'Riordan and Jack in I think. I can see Rowbottom or Rose getting a shot at Hayward's spot though.

Ronke will probably get a reprieve with two changes enforced but I can see him also getting dropped making it Hayward, McVeigh, Ronke out for O'Riordan, Jack, Rowbottom, for example.

McVeigh and Hayward out means probably O'Riordan and Jack in I think. I can see Rowbottom or Rose getting a shot at Hayward's spot though.

Ronke will probably get a reprieve with two changes enforced but I can see him also getting dropped making it Hayward, McVeigh, Ronke out for O'Riordan, Jack, Rowbottom, for example.

Don't want Jack anywhere near the team. For me it needs to be two of Rose/Melican/Rowbottom/COR

Not sure which two Longmire should go with, but I think 2 of those 4. Reserves form needs to be rewarded.

I'd like to see Rose given another opportunity in place of Hayward.
I know he's been given his chance on numerous occasions before and never made the most of it, but he's never dropped his head and every time he's gone back to the NEAFL he's done everything asked of him and I think that should be rewarded.
He's shown in the past he has a pretty good goal sense, he just needs to keep it simple.

So it's Hayward and McVeigh out, O'Riordan and Rose in for mine.

I'd like to see Rose given another opportunity in place of Hayward.
I know he's been given his chance on numerous occasions before and never made the most of it, but he's never dropped his head and every time he's gone back to the NEAFL he's done everything asked of him and I think that should be rewarded.
He's shown in the past he has a pretty good goal sense, he just needs to keep it simple.

So it's Hayward and McVeigh out, O'Riordan and Rose in for mine.

I would too, BUT only if he is given the same role he has in the NEAFL. Now I am not sure what his role is exactly in the NEAFL but it seems like that role suits him much better than the role he is given in the AFL.

Grundy listed as test last week so could be back for McVeigh, lets Aliir or Rampe free up a little bit.

Otherwise ORiordan or surprise Stoddart.

Would rather bring in a Rowbottom type, rather than Jack or Rose.

Grundy listed as test last week so could be back for McVeigh, lets Aliir or Rampe free up a little bit.

Otherwise ORiordan or surprise Stoddart.

Would rather bring in a Rowbottom type, rather than Jack or Rose.

Hadn't thought of Grundy coming in. Quite conceivable too. Grundy would come into defence to take McVeigh's spot (with Rampe playing on the smaller types in place of McVeigh), then with Grundy back McCartin can push forward to take Hayward's spot and Rowbottom/Jack/Rose come onto the bench for some more run.

Not what I'd go with, but I can see that happening. I can certainly see Longmire preferring to bring Grundy back over O'Riordan due to trusting Reg more than COR.

melbourne in general play look ok, some look a little unfit but when they have mids running its fine

their defence was abysmal, Essendon could score every forward 50 it seemed, players free everywhere, lazy from Melbourne

they miss may and lever etc of course

they will be quick on the smaller ground

We'll have our first 5 goal win of the season this Thursday. Swans by 30+

I reckon these next four games will show us exactly where we're sitting in the scheme of things. Demons, Tigers, Giants and Lions... should be good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melican in ... frees up AA to play more of an extra man, creative role.
Cor in ....

Heeney to stay forward.
Jones to stay mid.
McCartin forward / wing / mids?

Mills ... I don’t know.
He either takes McVeighs spot and becomes the general in defence or he goes into the mids.

I’m concerned we will be killed in the middle this week

Mate we were concerned we would be killed by Cripps & Co. They have a great midfield but they have been as poor as every other line on the ground. We were better without being flash. Better execution & decision making when we have opportunity and this team could improve out of site quite quickly. There were different periods yesterday when we were totally dominating that game even moving the ball quickly through the corridor only to over cook the kick or go the wrong option. With the proper drills at training during this week it can be corrected and turned around. By no means am I confident with a 5 day turn around but there was some promising signs there yesterday and Buddy although working his arse off was not a factor. Pretty hard to keep him quiet 2 weeks on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back