Preview Round 4: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Thursday 08/04/2021 @ 7:20 AEST

Who will have the higher score by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no resting players in round 4. Swans also have 5 day break. If Hooker isn't 100%, then don't play him and bring in Philips or Bryan. I'd also give Zaka another 1-2 weeks in the reserves to build some match fitness. Big risk of soft tissue injury with him so wouldn't be rushing it. Plus, the kids are alright.

Hate playing the Swans at the SCG. Never a fun experience. Add to that a reinvigorated Swans team...yuck.

I think there will be one change.

Redman out (injured), Zaharakis in.

Quite happy to go into every game (like the Saints game) with absolutely zero expectations.

Do I expect us to win this one? No. But I think we can give a good account of ourselves.

Sydney have been a different beast so far in 2021 but apart from a heavy loss in the 2017 Elimination Final, we've been pretty good against them in recent seasons. We are one team that has a couple of weapons to give them a headache or two in this one too... but they should still be too strong.

Like I said... happy with no expectations going into this one.

I think Lloyd said on the footy show that Ratten tried every manoeuvre he could think of but nothing seemed to work.
Wasn’t up to him IMO.
Players didn’t want to try except for Steele.

Only one result was going to happen when that’s the output.

I thought Carlisle was okay, and Billings. Hill and Crouch though, wow. They need to drop Hill to the VFL and make a statement.
Membrey was solid too IMO

So, Swans forwardline looks stacked.
I'm thinking;
Hind - Papley
Francis - Franklin
Ridley - McDonald
Laverde - Heeney
BZT - Reid
McGrath - Gulden

I think Heppell will be too slow. Ham and Langford can support Parish and Merrett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Carlisle was okay, and Billings. Hill and Crouch though, wow. They need to drop Hill to the VFL and make a statement.
True.
Crouch should get another week because it was his first game, but Hill is playing like he’s made of glass.

Anyway, Sydney and all that

Tbf to Hill and Crouch, they played them out of position so badly it wasn’t even funny. Hill played back pocket and full forward. Crouch spent the majority of the game on a forward flank, barely got a look in the guts.

Just why lmao

Based on the cockiness and arrogance after three rounds reeking from the Swans board. Sydney will win by 150 points, buddy to kick 18 from his wheelchair.

I think most of us are still on a high at the moment as we were all hoping for a small improvement in 2021, so perhaps aiming for 10th to 12th on the AFL ladder instead of being bottom 4, that sort of thing. Not even the most optimistic Swans fan was expecting the start we had. In saynig that though we are all just enjoying it while it lasts as none of us are realistically expecting a flag this year, though we are all beginning to hope that finals in 2021 is a real possibility.

I think most of us are still on a high at the moment as we were all hoping for a small improvement in 2021, so perhaps aiming for 10th to 12th on the AFL ladder instead of being bottom 4, that sort of thing. Not even the most optimistic Swans fan was expecting the start we had. In saynig that though we are all just enjoying it while it lasts as none of us are realistically expecting a flag this year, though we are all beginning to hope that finals in 2021 is a real possibility.
With a reasonably young team like you guys have, i am sure, like us, there will be some inconsistent performances from you guys throughout a 22 game season.

But getting wins against two prelim finalists from last year will at least give your players the confidence that they can mix it with the best if they are switched on.

With a reasonably young team like you guys have, i am sure, like us, there will be some inconsistent performances from you guys throughout a 22 game season.

But getting wins against two prelim finalists from last year will at least give your players the confidence that they can mix it with the best if they are switched on.

Definitely agree. With the amount of younger players we have we are going to have off games and there is no game (other than against North Melbourne) where I will be comfortable going into it because you don't know when those off games are going to come.

So, Swans forwardline looks stacked.
I'm thinking;
Hind - Papley
Francis - Franklin
Ridley - McDonald
Laverde - Heeney
BZT - Reid
McGrath - Gulden

I think Heppell will be too slow. Ham and Langford can support Parish and Merrett.
The one you got to look out for who rally caused all the issues was Wicks. He played on Short so I’m thinking maybe Ridley? I might be wrong.
also is McGrath going purely through the midfield?

The one you got to look out for who rally caused all the issues was Wicks. He played on Short so I’m thinking maybe Ridley? I might be wrong.
also is McGrath going purely through the midfield?
Yeah McGrath's a pure midfielder these days, though he did go to half back when Hind went off in the third quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back