Oppo Camp Round 4 - The Other 8 Games

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
Some really interesting games this round, kicking off tonight with Sydney v Essendon. Buddy’s back and I like watching the Swans play. If Essendon don’t bring the same intensity as they did last week this could get ugly.

Tomorrow night we have a Preliminary Final rematch with Port Adelaide and Richmond. They played in two of the three best games last year for me and I think we’ll be treated to another great game.

Western Bulldogs v Brisbane and Melbourne v Geelong look to be great games and if Tex Walker continues his form he could be in with a chance of kicking 10+ against North Melbourne. Also interested to see if St Kilda show something to save their season. The other two games don’t really excite me.

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Looking forward to Richmond losing again

We can only hope.

Other thins I’d like to see:
- Buddy and Logan McDonald kick 10+ between them and Essendon get smashed.
- Treloar to continue his great form.
- Saints and Blues lose
- Walker to kick 10+. (Love seeing players kick big bags of goals)
- Geelong to either get smashed or lose a close one on a non umpiring call.(It’d be karma).

We can only hope.

Other thins I’d like to see:
- Buddy and Logan McDonald kick 10+ between them and Essendon get smashed.
- Treloar to continue his great form.
- Saints and Blues lose
- Walker to kick 10+. (Love seeing players kick big bags of goals)
- Geelong to either get smashed or lose a close one on a non umpiring call.(It’d be karma).

Seeing Tex Walker kicking lots of goals is disconcerting. I've been predicting his demise for about 10 years, and yelling rude things at the TV. Footy's funny like that. Who'd have predicted the comeback of big lug forwards? Obviously not Bucks.

P.s. dont agree with you about Treloar. I'm too mean-spirited. I also predicted his demise. I cant be that wrong.

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seeing Tex Walker kicking lots of goals is disconcerting. I've been predicting his demise for about 10 years, and yelling rude things at the TV. Footy's funny like that. Who'd have predicted the comeback of big lug forwards? Obviously not Bucks.

P.s. dont agree with you about Treloar. I'm too mean-spirited. I also predicted his demise. I cant be that wrong.

Oh I predicted Treloar’s demise too but he clearly still loves the club and that’s counts for me.

CanadianPie

Senior List
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know its still early, but Swans leading hitouts by double, but also winning clearances by double, what are they doing differently that we haven't figured out for like 4 years.

MadMaynard

Rookie
Jan 26, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox nearly best on for Dons. Perkins, Jones doing enough at AFL level to not be a negative to the side.
We know what Sydney's first and second year players have done so far this year.
Yet we continue with JT, WHE, Cal Brown, Mayne because with them in we are such a good side. Hey we might even bring back Greenwood this week.

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Devon Smith,
An honest trier. Cant kick over a jam tin, no speed, no x factor, has a dip, why isn't he at Collingwood.

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Francis took a dive there, is that a fine these days or a week? It'll probably go unnoticed, mind.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know its still early, but Swans leading hitouts by double, but also winning clearances by double, what are they doing differently that we haven't figured out for like 4 years.

We don`t have a tap ruckman who taps to advantage, he taps it at his twinkle toes . to gain another meaningless possession to pad his stats

Apr 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox was very impressive for Essendon no doubt but the coaching call allowing him to take both center bounces and throw was totally crazy. Hickey won the last 3 or 4 uncontested giving his side yardage and possession when Bombers still had a sniff. Dont know if Wright was injured but that's killing the kid. Stringer was ineffective later in the game, throw a bigger body in anything....

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I found the decision with Tom Hickey really hard to take (although happy Swans won). I just don't get how you can just take the ball out of the ruck without even attempting a tap, run, have plenty of opportunity to dispose, then get tackled and not give away a free. Even earlier on one of the calls the Umpire said "Nah prior opportunity is not a rule anymore". Really?!?

They have ticked off the Hickey decision.

The AFL has ticked-off the decision not to pay holding the ball against Sydney Swans’ ruckman Tom Hickey which has divided the football public.
The league has confirmed it was the right call not to penalise the in-form big man when he was tackled by Nik Cox in the frantic final moment of the Swans’ thrilling win.

The Swans led by three points with 40 seconds remaining when Hickey grabbed the ball out of the air and was unable to get a handball away before he was brought to ground on the forward flank.

Hickey took about 16 steps between grabbing the footy and being tackled.

Under a little known rule tweak at the end of 2018, ruckmen are free to grab the ball out of the ruck at boundary throw-ins, bounces and ball-ups without it counting as prior opportunity.

It means ruckmen can grab the ball out of the ruck and get tackled without giving away a free kick.

Back