Trades Round 4 trades (aka We Need to Talk About Rocky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also worried that Tuohy's return in a couple of weeks will impact Stewart's scoring as they will likely share kick-in duties which I think Stewart has been taking heaps of (and playing on a lot).

Ok, I’m going full on. Will get Stack next week....

Im so confused here, Parker/Setterfield to Rozee or Cousins to Libba? Heart is saying Parker to Rozee and bench Setters for a week but my mind is saying Cousins to Libba for a potential 40 point better outcome.

With Scott to Stack locked in, what is the best way to spend or build on my $119k bank

1. Spending options
Sheed to Boak
Goldstein to McEvoy (playing the b/e game here until I get Gawn likely next week)
Williams to Milera

2. Building options
Goldstein to Mumford = $311k
Sheed to Liberatore = $247k
Williams to Rozee = $205k

Gibbons somehow holds his spot. Bailey Scott has to go.

Scott --> Stack.
Same here. Gibbons isn't great but barring complete disaster, will make more money than Scotts $0 this week.
B.E of 18 & G.Coast which are pretty much at his level (too good for VFL, under par in AFL)

Ahern has earned his stripes after being punished/banished to the VFL to work on his defensive game (was pretty good in JLT) so there's 1 less mid spot available at North for Scott.

With Scott to Stack locked in, what is the best way to spend or build on my $119k bank

1. Spending options
Sheed to Boak
Goldstein to McEvoy (playing the b/e game here until I get Gawn likely next week)
Williams to Milera

2. Building options
Sheed to Liberatore = $247k
Williams to Rozee = $205k
I really want to trade Goldy but surely he will dominate O'Brien this week. Williams to Rozee looks good there.

Scott -> Stack
Balta -> Petrecculle

First trade is easy. Been tossing up every option but I think Balta needs to go. He could very well come out and make me regret it but I doubt it. Petrecculle looks the goods, prefer him over Miers personally. Rioli is still out for a fair few more weeks yet and Petra has been playing pretty damn well. Not that many forward rookie options I'm liking at the moment coming through so I'll spend the 95k and hopefully be able to recoup that in a few weeks from Petra. Leaves me 81k in the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same here. Gibbons isn't great but barring complete disaster, will make more money than Scotts $0 this week.
B.E of 18 & G.Coast which are pretty much at his level (too good for VFL, under par in AFL)

Ahern has earned his stripes after being punished/banished to the VFL to work on his defensive game (was pretty good in JLT) so there's 1 less mid spot available at North for Scott.
Plus Jed Anderson taking another mid spot and it's gotten bleak real quick for Scott, enough to trade him out.

2. Building options
I don't mind that.
I built last week dumping Higgins and it was great to be able to go Smith to Whitfield this week.
Still $126k in the bank for much needed R2 upgrade.

I don't mind that.
I built last week dumping Higgins and it was great to be able to Smith to Whitfield this week.
Still $126k in the bank for much needed R2 upgrade.
I had enough to do Goldstein to Gawn yesterday but didn't quite trust the Preuss and Gawn setup
With Goldy likely falling in price (b/e 122) and Mumford rising (b/e 49) I can still do this next week if Mummy struggles

So, surprisingly Gibbons is named after all - that earns him a reprieve. Still got a trade left now - what about downgrading Laird to Z Williams? Laird is going to lose more $$ I feel, while Williams has some upside still, and I have Whitfield and Lloyd already, along with Brodie Smith, Clark and Duursma (bench is Wilkie and Scrimshaw - is it worth shifting Wilkie to someone better perhaps?)

Wow Gibbons saved.

Opens up too many options my mind can handle now with no other immediate trades needed.

1. Gibbons to Petrucelle still.
2. Balta to Petrucelle (costly).
3. Setterfield or Parker to Rozee and field him at F6.
4. Archie Smith to Zac Clarke for a playing R3.

So many options... impossible to decide....

..but whatever I choose I feel like its the wrong call. Can't NOT trade though..

Think both are good, I'm going Petruccelle. Hasn't had to kick as many goals to get a similar score. Think his JS is safe the way he is playing right now as well.
Petruccelle also seen defensive side chasing kick/mark late in game plus a late goal. Missed 2 gettable goals and gave 1 off last week. Could've been a much higher score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back